• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Prolepro

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I don't think acid blooded penis monsters deserve sympathy.
tenor.gif

And what do you think the god-level Dyson Sphere civilizations are gonna say when they find us with our judgmental ways?

actually, they may be right with that one

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Would you turn your back on that thing? Yeah no.
And what is she going to do when she is out of the nest and there're no eggs to use as hostages? She would get ambushed from both sides,at least she blocked/destroyed the entrance of the nest.
I would be more worried about newt's safety than hurting the feelings of those things anyway.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're dam right that Aliens is still great. What an action masterpiece.

Did you see what the aliens did to Ripley's squadmates? It was open season after that.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Well, when the house is about to turn into atomized particles one might say wasting time fucking around with a hornets nest on the house is a bit silly.

Considering that the one alien she didn't kill outright ended up stowing away on her ship (along with several face-huggers, based on the story in Alien 3), one could argue that she didn't do a very good job in her overkill.

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, didn't an egg hatch right near her before she burned everything, implying that they never intended to let her leave?

Edit: Yeah, here's the scene. She basically threatens with the flame thrower, the queen pretends to let her leave, and then at 2:40 an egg hatches, and Ripley burns everything:

Man, the special effects in this film are still so amazing. I don't think CGI will ever be as convincing as good practical effects.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i mean do you have to kill a wasp nest on your house even though they're just living their best life

i think its like me and ants in my kitchen - i'm absolutely not dealing with their bullshit anymore and the entire colony must pay

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I think so. I seem to remember her sort of tilting her head to the side at this, as if to say, "seriously motherfucker?"

You could read it as the queen not holding up her end of the bargain, or if the eggs just hatch randomly, it was more of a revenge thing. But either way, those guard xenos would have attacked her anyway. There was never a real bargain, and that applies too for Ripley, who knew the place was going to be nuked very soon.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
She was going to leave without doing anything but then he egg hatched. Look at the face Ripley gives the queen after the egg opens - a look of "oh you dirty MFer"

That brings us to an interesting point. The eggs have less to do with a little baby xenomorph and more to do with facehuggers right?

A million questions arise from that.

If a facehugger can't find a face to hug then what becomes of it?

The trigger for the egg seems to be automatic but can the Queen trigger them by will?

Well just 2 questions.

Also yeah the adult xenos were probably waiting right outside the door so she needed a distraction to trigger their defense mechanism. Probably like pouring water on a ant hill.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
Do you feel bad when you spray a hornets nest hanging above your door? That's what Ripley did.

I always feel bad when forced to murder insects. I'm told they have a nervous system and thus can feel pain. When I see them panic in a desperate struggle for survival, I also tend to see that as a form of emotion. I've been known to catch insects and release them outside to avoid killing them.

You may now mock me.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I think so. I seem to remember her sort of tilting her head to the side at this, as if to say, "seriously motherfucker?"

It's this. Ripley burns the eggs because they become an immediate threat, plus the queen broke their unspoken truce deal.

If they made that today she probably would have had some terrible line of dialogue spelling that out because of test audiences not understanding why she did it.

OP
OP
Prolepro

Prolepro

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I always feel bad when forced to murder insects. I'm told they have a nervous system and thus can feel pain. When I see them panic in a desperate struggle for survival, I also tend to see that as a form of emotion. I've been known to catch insects and release them outside to avoid killing them.

You may now mock me.

You understand

giphy.gif

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
You fuck with Ripley you die.

You may now mock me.

I'm not sure about the pain part, but I do release them when they are not a menace. I even release wasps unless they are too aggressive.

Mosquitoes die every time though.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Wasn't it well established that one of those things could hatch a facehugger at any moment, which could leap out of an egg in a literal flash and make whoopee with your face.

Kill em all, Ripley!

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
They were gonna merc her while her back was turned. Then and there. They had an unspoken truce and the queen broke it.

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. it was pure emotion. Isn't the only reason that humans even come into contact with those things because Weyland-Yutani wants to make more money through bioweapons?

People are saying the egg hatched so the truce was off but can the queen tell the eggs to hatch telepathically or something? 0_o

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. it was pure emotion. Isn't the only reason that humans even come into contact with those things because Weyland-Yutani wants to make more money through bioweapons?

People are saying the egg hatched so the truce was off but can the queen tell the eggs to hatch telepathically or something? 0_o
Who knows but the implications seems to be that she can or at least that's what you're supposed to think

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK
An egg hatched near her & she was already full of emotion, I'm pretty sure any human who has been through the trauma she has with these creatures would've done the same thing.

Nov 1, 2017
Why did Ripley do it? Because she had enough of this shit, that's why.

She suffered through the terror and horror of her crew getting killed, these things showing up again and doing the same to an entire group of people. Almost losing Newt who became a surrogate daughter to Ripley was the cherry on top. She was not going to lose her, not then, not now, not after everything. The egg opening showed that it would not stop and as I said, Ripley had enough of that. So she finally released all that rage, frustration and anger.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately Ripley was a liar because she entered this cease-fire with the knowledge that the Queen and her eggs were gonna get iced by the explosion anyway.

The proper way to approach this would have been for both of them to sit at the table, have Ripley explain the situation with the reactor, and then reach and agreement AFTER that info was divulged.

OP
OP
Prolepro

Prolepro

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Ultimately Ripley was a liar because she entered this cease-fire with the knowledge that the Queen and her eggs were gonna get iced by the explosion anyway.

The proper way to approach this would have been for both of them to sit at the table, have Ripley explain the situation with the reactor, and then reach and agreement AFTER that info was divulged.
3055.jpg

I agree

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, didn't an egg hatch right near her before she burned everything, implying that they never intended to let her leave?

Edit: Yeah, here's the scene. She basically threatens with the flame thrower, the queen pretends to let her leave, and then at 2:40 an egg hatches, and Ripley burns everything:

This. Those Xeno's are some motherfuckers.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
Wasn't it well established that one of those things could hatch a facehugger at any moment, which could leap out of an egg in a literal flash and make whoopee with your face.

Kill em all, Ripley!

If we're keeping it real - I don't think Ripley has ever even seen an egg birth a facehugger before that moment. She's seen precisely two chests bursts IRL, and one was like 24 hours earlier and aborted midway through.

She's seen how facehuggers move though.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
They killed the entire colony, they killed all the marines, they tried to kill Newt and her. The xeno life cycle depends on killing you. There was no innocent xenomorphs when it comes to humans

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I have a feeling that if the Xenos looked like chinchillas this overall conversation would be going differently.