• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Red Dead game is your favorite?

• Red Dead Revolver

Votes: 48 13.9%
  • Red Dead Redemption

Votes: 121 35.1%
  • Red Dead Redemption 2

Votes: 176 51.0%

• Total voters

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Red Dead Redemption

It's the mist fun to play. Can't wait until it works on an emulator, maybe things will be able to be tweaked a little bit, and framerate uncapped. The One X version is pretty decent though.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
RDR1. Better story, better main character, and the game design of the missions didn't feel quite so stale then as it does now.

RDR2 is a very impressive technical achievement, but it's kind of a mediocre game.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Tied for me. The first has much more enjoyable combat with far less glaring flaws to me but RDR 2 has way more nuance to its writing/characters, a superior open world, higher highs and much lower lows.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
RDR1 is one of the greatest games ever, but there is nothing it does better than RDR2. All the flaws that RDR2 has, RDR1 has them worse. I say this having played both to completion in the past few months.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Easily the first game. Basically better in every way, save for the multiplayer at the moment.

Red Dead Revolver became irrelevant after GUN.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Arthur Morgan made RDR2 an incredible experience, the epilogue in particular made me a little weepy thinking on the consequences of his actions.
It's my GOTG so far, superb game that was superior to its predecessor in every way.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Red Dead Revolver is the best. Nice & simple action game that'll keep you engaged to the end. I'll take the over-the-too nature of that title to the more grounded and serious nature of the other two.

Thought undead nightmare was a cool change of pace for RDRedemption

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
RDR2 is one of if not the greatest achievement in open world craftsmanship/design to date. It's rich, deep, surprising, thoughtful, while reaching levels of detail and immersion I've never seen. The story and character work are no slouch either, featuring a classic character in Arthur Morgan and enhancing the overarching lore of the Red Dead universe.

I love RDR but this isn't even a competition.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
People who voted for the first one have got to be trollin'.
No.

It is hands down one of the most fun games ever and the soundtrack being taken from popular spaghetti movies just screams nostalgia. Not to mention it has Red Harlow, Jack Swift and Annie Stoakes who are the most badass wild west characters ever.

I would say Red Dead Redemption comes really close because while the gameplay isn't as smooth as Revolver, it was still very good because it's arcade roots weren't forgotten.

The only good things Red Dead Redemption 2 has going for it is the Story, music, the map and the countless Easter eggs. Everything else sucks.

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
I liked RDRedemption much, much more than RDR2. The riding in the last one was so boring, while in the first i enjoyed it a lot. A LOT.

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
RDR because it's easier to just pick up and play yet big and beautiful enough to let you enjoy it for as long as you want. RDR2 may grow on me, I can feel it's a 'better game', but it just has too much going on (for me).

Also, Undead.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
People who voted for the first one have got to be trollin'.

RDR1 is a much better game to play and actually fun to play. Unlike RDR2 which never stops putting restriction on players.

Only people with shallow taste in gaming would say RDR2 is better than RDR1 in everyway possible, cause they only see the pretty graphics and fancy animations.

The gunplay is worse, the walking control is worse, the horse control is worse, the mission design is worse, the player agency is worse. Do I need to say more?

RDR2 might be a better movie, but it's far from a better video game, period.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
honestly going to go with revolver since it had some semblance of fun about it's gameplay and wasn't up it's own arse.