• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

What the hell is this? Say what you want about the song, but it doesn't go with the trailer at all. At first I genuinely thought the music was coming from another tab open in my browser.

Are there any other trailers with music as mismatched as this?

EDIT: My point is I just feel like the fast paced nature of what's happening in the trailer, doesn't mix well with the song used. I also wouldn't mind hearing just the actual song without lyrics to see if that fits any better, but obviously that isn't possible.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah the song made for the trailer with this sinister eerie beat talking about going blow for blow and ending lives was completely mismatched

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I did not think that the song choice was bad

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was bad, but I think it fits whatever they were going for. It wasn't so much about the music itself, but the use of it.

A TGA trailer that featured rap, but well, was Rage 2. It fit the energy of the action and direction.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
What? It matched it quite well. Went great with the theme. Also gave me NBA 2K / NBA Live vibe which isn't half bad since soundtracks in those are very good.

SHAQ

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, Florida
mjplstdzyux6ah2.gif

0MAR10

Oct 27, 2017
Louisiana
I swear people have the most minuscule things to argue about. Let's be happy we have a cool new MK11 game and for switch

OP
OP
Lashley

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
The music did not match what was going on at all in the trailer tbh.

I'm not on about hip hop and fighting games, I'm on about this trailer specifically and this song choice.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I don't disagree with you. It was pretty weak. It didn't match the trailer at all. I can't believe how lethargic that rap was. Just super underwhelming. I was surprised to find out that it was actually a notable rapper, I would have guessed it was someone off of youtube or something.

Mr Clutch

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is so refreshing! The same thread on Reddit was full of negativity. I thought the song/video matched great!

OP
OP
Lashley

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I don't disagree with you. It was pretty weak. It didn't match the trailer at all. I can't believe how lethargic that rap was. Just super underwhelming. I was surprised to find out that it was actually a notable rapper, I would have guessed it was someone off of youtube or something.
Tbf I was hoping people would discuss this trailer AND provide other trailers with mismatched song choices, there'll be a fair few.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Some dude from the UK baffled at rap in fighting games, despite not knowing how black culture and fighting games have been intertwined since the inception of Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter, with the likes of these iconic franchises used in music via sampling or often referenced in lyrics from artists like Freddie Gibbs, Kanye West, Curren$y, MF DOOM, Madlib, Del/Heiroglyphics

Just say you don't like it, don't rub your ashy ankles together in frustration because you don't think it's non-fitting

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
hip hop and fighting is a great combo. maybe you dont like that specific song but the style is on point and i was fuckin IN with this trailer

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Hip Hop is what's in nowadays so it's no surprise they chose that.

Not a fan whatsoever but i'm a dinosaur and definitely not the target audience.

OP
OP
Lashley

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Some dude from the UK baffled at rap in fighting games, despite not knowing how black culture and fighting games have been intertwined since the inception of Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter, with the likes of these iconic franchises used in music via sampling or often referenced in lyrics from artists like Freddie Gibbs, Kanye West, Curren$y, MF DOOM, Madlib, Del/Heiroglyphics

Just say you don't like it, don't rub your ashy ankles together in frustration because you don't think it's non-fitting

6Qfs8p6.gif

lmfao, what am I reading?

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Hip Hop goes well with anything action oriented , but I wasn't feeling this one at all. Still a huge fan of how welcome to the party fit with the blackout trailer.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
This exact same thing happened with MKX. Although that song was arguably a little better.

Must've worked for a lot of people if they went and basically did it again. Didn't really work for me, but I'm not dwelling on it considering the game is here and looks rad...

OP
OP
Lashley

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on about this song and trailer specifically. Not hip hop and fighting games.