• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 4, 2018
I'm sitting in front of my TV with no idea what game to tackle next, do I finally load up Dead Cells, do I carry on with Gears, Bloodstained is going to be out tommorow, i need to remember to download THAT game now? Oh for god sake now Outer Worlds is coming out next month?

Being an adult with responsiblities and Game Pass is a grueling trial of self restraint, im beginning to dread every Game Pass announcement because its on the verge of ruining my life.

source.gif

Okay im being obviously hyperbolic, but the fact i might not be buying another game until my subscription runs out in 2020 (apart from Links Awakening on Switch) is pretty darn amazing. Let me BREATHE.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, you don't have to play everything.

Just know that when you finish what you're playing, you'll have more things waiting for you.

It's something better to accept now since, starting Thursday, we're entering another 6 month long glorious hell of excellent video games.

Sampson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
You didn't get the memo?

Subscription services are going to create a dystopian hellhole and ruin gaming for everyone.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
So is every thread just going to be treated as a wider commentary on Era now?

To the OP, yes there's a lot there to like. I hope they maintain this momentum into the next gen.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just gotta get used to that feel of a never ending backlog. Try to focus on what you want to play now, don't feel like you can get to everything because you can't.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I've had this feeling since last gen. I still have literally hundreds of games piled up in the shrinkwrap for PS4/Switch/XB1. I tried to tell myself that I needed to beat a game before buying another, and I've slowed down a whole lot on purchases, but that backlog remains.

I'm thankful that Game Pass lets me not give a fuck. Do you feel this way with movie streaming services? Music? It's kind of odd that games have this control over us, but I suppose they're a much more significant investment of time.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Combine that with Humble Bundle and Apple Arcade and I'm drowning in games to play right now. And yet I keep buying games when I really don't need to.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
There are now more threads about Gamepass then there are games in gamepass. :D
Cant wait to play OW next month tho.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a huge backlog, Game Pass created a parallel backlog though. And it's not shit games from 5 years ago, they're mostly excellent games from the past months, at worst usually games that are a year or two old. It's truly the best service in gaming right now.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I hear ya op. And yet I'm still buying a bunch of games on other consoles! My gluttony knows no bounds.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I planned on cancelling my subscription as soon as I finish Hollow Knight and uh, whats the game with the viking chick sacrifice whatever. Anyway, but I did not know Outer Worlds was coming to game pass. Nows I gotta keep it for a while longer.

I'm not interested in the majority of the games on game pass, so it's not as overwhelming for me others find it to be.

Last edited:

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot that Outer Worlds was part of game pass (when it releases next month) I'll never be able to finish my backlog at this rate.

ronabs

Mar 15, 2018
I need to remember often what games I started and dropped because another one got added.

Vampyr is one of them.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
A barely touched month or two of Game Pass I think works out better for me value-wise than me buying games individually that go straight into my backlog despite my intention to play it at the time of purchase. I once had a revelation about the physical games I didn't have sentimental feelings for taking up space in my home, now I'm starting to feel similarly about having digital games I'm not sentimental about being tied to my accounts vs doing this more economical digital rental/"Netflix" on games I'm only mildly interested in.

I still intend to buy plenty Switch and PS4 exclusives.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
New thread idea: Was Microsoft the reason for the "I have too many games to play" trend?

GP is the bee's knees and everybody knows it. You just gotta prioritize what you want to play.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Tell me about it. I actually own my backlog and every game in it is hand picked by me. You have it easy.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you don't have to play everything.

Something about witnessing the birth of this whole medium, and its early years when I could have an encyclopedic knowledge of every video game, makes me want to keep up and play everything. But it's no longer possible. Same thing happened to TV, honestly. The first-worldiest of problems.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Someday when I've finished some of my other shit I'll buy a month of gamepass on PC and do a binge. Someday.....

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I saw Kingdom Come Deliverance got added. That's awesome, I almost purchased that back when it released. Although I probably wont play it because I dont have 100 hours to drop.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My suscription runs out on 2022 lol. I am probably never buying another game at launch, unless is something obviously not coming to Gamepass in the near future like Cyberpunk.

Nekro

Oct 30, 2017
For broke gamers like me its a godsend, literally the best value ever.
Sure i love owning games and i love services like humble bundle monthly (semi random games that i can own forever), but i can only buy games usually 1-2 years later when they drop at 5-10€ or something (indies are exception).
But with gamepass i can actually play those sweet new games that i could never buy before they reach the discound bin. I dont liek not owning them, but with that low price i dont care.

I am all in for digital dystopia of not owning my games if its that good.

Enjoy while it last brother

Ah yeah, thats also a fear. Obviously microsoft need something strong to compete, i hope they dont make the service crap if they "win" next gen or something lol

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass really does feel like it's almost *too* good of a deal. Like you're getting away with something you shouldn't be. And I'm only using the PC version!