• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Seeding will matter, but you can give those guys rest, with the roster the Clips have, and still compete for a top 4 seed. I think they'll take that.
we'll see. they do have good depth.

but utah/houston/lakers/denver/portland/spurs/warriors will all be in there. and i realized i named like seven teams, but i think they all could legit be top 4. and that's even discounting a team like a dallas/sacramento making a surprising come-up. bloodbath.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They made it to the finals before ;)

They need to get Ibaka at the deadline for maximum lulz.

Imagine if the Rockets win a chip with Harden, Westbrook, and Ibaka all starting, OKC fans would light themselves on fire.

The only way this gets even better is if Durant has a falling out with the Nets just before playoffs because they want him to play and he demands a trade to the Rockets...

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
a lot of what makes James a great shooter is his efficiency, which comes from him attacking the basket and racking up free throws or easy buckets (or opening up shots for teammates), which comes from him being ball dominant. If you make him an off-ball player you remove a pretty good element of his game, in favor of highlighting a terrible element of Russ' game.
This. Harden's decent efficiency numbers come purely through freethrows he 'earns' during iso play.

My question is if Harden will just straight up murder Westbrook on the court if he goes for another stat padding triple double year or will he fall back to his flopper tendencies and have him poisoned during some roadtrip. The Rockets won't be good but I will stay tuned for this.

ahoyle

Feb 16, 2018
This is also why the Hornets were idiots with Rozier. Without him, they could have taken Paul and a draft pick or two from OKC.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Huh? 3 years at 120 mil. He will get laughed at Eddie Murphy style.

He's going nowhere. He's going to take his money and retire in OKC.

I think he'll end up in Miami eventually. Riley just signed a 30 year old franchise player with iffy knees to a max contract, and doesn't have anywhere near the team to surround him with to hope of competing any time soon. I think he'll be desperate.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
lol imagine asking one of your two recent league MVP's to come off the bench

what are you smoking
Relax kid .I'm looking at this from a analytical point of view. I think their best chance of winning as many games is if one of them comes of the bench for much needed depth. If they both were to start I think one of them would have to take a reduced role. Westbrook most likely as harden has a much superior usage to assist rate.

Funny how your implying coming off the bench is a sign of disrespect. Some of the best players in the nba have come off bench to give their respective team the best chance to win.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
God damn it.

First they give CP3 all that damn money after he bamboozled them in the first place

Then they turn around and go after shit Westbrook. How the hell is pairing him with Harden a good thing. He can't shoot for shit, yet will still shoot us out of a game worse than Harden ever could.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Can CP3 be traded again right now or do they have to wait 6 months later?

Seems like a pure lateral move for Houston but whatever, OKC got picks & CP3, whom I expect will request a trade so Sam Presti can hoard more picks.

Gotta wait 3 months. You can't trade for a player and then immediately try to flip them, otherwise you'd have to be doing a three+ team trade instead.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
nPQfl2Y.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
Bruh, this is elite.

The NBA is finally interesting after GSW superteam era.
No. No, no. No no no.

No. What is Harden doing when West has rock, and vice versa. Sho is playing defense? Why are there so many shot clock violations? Who wins the eventual on court fistfight?

After so much good basketball for 5 years, I guess we were due some fuckery.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Word is Miami is trying to get CP3 and Beal + Wall (since Wash wants to dump both).

If they can get rid of Wall and NOT give up all of their good role players, they'll be top 3 in the East easily. Potentially:

CP3
Beal
Butler
Bam
Leonard

Def top 2 or 3 with the Raptors moving down and the Celtics being big question marks.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
CP3 to Miami makes the most sense now. Can't leave Butler down there by himself to get destroyed. No one else would be willing to take that contract.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
lol.

your analytics are ass then. be realistic kid.
Base on your responses I get the feeling I'm talking to a casual nba viewer. I am realistic, I know they will be starting. I'm just offering ways that would improve their teams effectiveness for maximum wins. I even said they should start if Westbrook took on a reduced role, so that it would compliment hardens usage rate(41%) with his above average assist rate.

Last edited:

deftech

Oct 29, 2017
Word is Miami is trying to get CP3 and Beal + Wall (since Wash wants to dump both).

If they can get rid of Wall and NOT give up all of their good role players, they'll be top 3 in the East easily. Potentially:

CP3
Beal
Butler
Bam
Leonard

Def top 2 or 3 with the Raptors moving down and the Celtics being big question marks.

Where are the Heat magically going to get enough assets to pull off a deal for Paul and Beal?

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of idiots calling Westbrook selfish in this thread. only problem with Westbrook is, he goes full speed every possession, instead of turning it down a notch in some possession that don't require 100% speed. He also needs to improve his jumpshot selection and FT

If anything Westbrook problem is just rushing shit to much comes down and jack up a quick shot or drives and blows a layup, that's why I say he needs to slow down in certain possession.

Unlike harden that just dribble dribble for 20 sec and jacks up a 3 or drives and if non of those option exist he kicks out last min.

Westbrook doesn't dribble dribble his problem is shot selection and rushing too much, some of y'all don't know much. If he really wants Westbrook can avg 15-16 ast a game if he decide to not take to many shots or slow down a bit

Can't talk basketball with some of y'all on here with some of this response.

Last edited:

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I do think the first picks are being a bit overvalued and the Rockets are trying desperately to maximize Harden's window. The CP3/Harden experiment seemed to peak that first season, damn near got a championship. We were pretty great year 2, but clearly CP3 was much worse. Paul was mostly awful in the playoffs and if he wasn't getting along with Harden you gotta keep Harden happy. I don't know what else we could have got for Paul.

I'm in favor of this trade while being very wary of the type of player Russ has been the past few seasons.