• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Westbrook's contract is worse, and he's a worse fit, and they gave up a bunch of draft picks to make what could be a lateral move. Houston/Morey got fucking desperate.
If Westbrook lets Harden take the last shot, and probably plays the 2, theyre gonna be fun to watch. Trade for a defender at the deadline, and theyll be back in the wcf again.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
If Westbrook lets Harden take the last shot, and probably plays the 2, theyre gonna be fun to watch. Trade for a defender at the deadline, and theyll be back in the wcf again.

What the hell matters who takes the last shot of the fit is so terrible for the first 47 minutes and 58 seconds? What does "play the 2"? You can play Westbrook at the 2 the 3 the 5 or the 7 he still stinks off the ball.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of idiots calling Westbrook selfish in this thread. only problem with Westbrook is, he goes full speed every possession, instead of turning it down a notch in some possession that don't require 100% speed. He also needs to improve his jumpshot selection and FT

If anything Westbrook problem is just rushing shit to much comes down and jack up a quick shot or drives and blows a layup, that's why I say he needs to slow down in certain possession.

Unlike harden that just dribble dribble for 20 sec and jacks up a 3 or drives and if non of those option exist he kicks out last min.

Westbrook doesn't dribble dribble his problem is shot selection and rushing too much, some of y'all don't know much. If he really wants Westbrook can avg 15-16 ast a game if he decide to not take to many shots or slow down a bit

Can't talk basketball with some of y'all on here with some of this response.

oooof, based off this post, you should take a look in the mirror kid

see who the real idiot is

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
Word is Miami is trying to get CP3 and Beal + Wall (since Wash wants to dump both).

If they can get rid of Wall and NOT give up all of their good role players, they'll be top 3 in the East easily. Potentially:

CP3
Beal
Butler
Bam
Leonard

Def top 2 or 3 with the Raptors moving down and the Celtics being big question marks.
This is crazy talk. Washington has been no selling Beal offers and MIA has no assets. They can probably get Paul because his contract is an albatross but they have no path to Beal.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I thought last off season was a doozy.. this year is next level.

Everything is different holy shit

Wish Miami makes another move soon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
This is crazy talk. Washington has been no selling Beal offers and MIA has no assets. They can probably get Paul because his contract is an albatross but they have no path to Beal.
I assume you are correct, but that's what the talking heads on sports radio down here are talking about. Something about IF they get picks in addition to Paul for the trade trade they could use them and then use those picks + contracts like Goran to dislodge Beal. Miami sports radio appears to be under the impression that they can get Paul now for close to free. I don't know why, but that's what they seem to think.

IDK how possible any of that is; just what I'm hearing.

What the hell matters who takes the last shot of the fit is so terrible for the first 47 minutes and 58 seconds? What does "play the 2"? You can play Westbrook at the 2 the 3 the 5 or the 7 he still stinks off the ball.
Yep, pretty much has to be Harden playing the 2. Technically that has been his role, but he bought the ball up anyway (in part due to Paul being in and out of the lineup). But yea, Westbrook is pretty much going to have to play PG which makes sense as at PG he gives the offense a significant boost in aggressiveness and pushing potential.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I assume you are correct, but that's what the talking heads on sports radio down here are talking about. Something about IF they get picks in addition to Paul for the trade trade they could use them and then use those picks + contracts like Goran to dislodge Beal. Miami sports radio appears to be under the impression that they can get Paul now for close to free. I don't know why, but that's what they seem to think.

IDK how possible any of that is; just what I'm hearing.

Yep, pretty much has to be Harden playing the 2. Technically that has been his role, but he bought the ball up anyway (in part due to Paul being in and out of the lineup). But yea, Westbrook is pretty much going to have to play PG which makes sense as at PG he gives the offense a significant boost in aggressiveness and pushing potential.
Harden basically played the 1 all last year when cp3 got hurt. They can run isos with either guy, harden can do what klay does and pop 3s, and russ can play the 1 or 2. It'll work until a good defensive team comes along or the refs finally start calling Hardens 3 step 3s.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Harden basically played the 1 all last year when cp3 got hurt. They can run isos with either guy, harden can do what klay does and pop 3s, and russ can play the 1 or 2. It'll work until a good defensive team comes along or the refs finally start calling Hardens 3 step 3s.
yea that's how I see it playing out. and it will be better than some people seem to believe. meme images and all that.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
Russell Westbrook is an absurdly flawed player but I get why the Rockets did this. Chris Paul's contract is horrendous and the only realistic trade options were Westbrook, Wall, and Wiggins. Fit is nice and all but Chris Paul looked worse than Eric Gordon last year and he's most definitely going to be worse this season. Westbrook and Harden are going to clash but this is still a moderate talent upgrade over an increasingly cooked CP3.
For what it's worth ignoring Harden this team is also a way better fit for Westbrook. D'antoni gets the best out his point guards and this team has a lot of 3 point shooters to space for Russ. Capela also looked better than Adams last year.

Still a second round exit tho but maybe they actually get to a game 7 this time. 🤷‍♂️

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017

He plays the 1, harden 2 not that hard, all he gotta do is facilitate the offense , and once in a while harden do his thing, main thing Westbrook needs to stop taking up shots especially when his not even the 3rd best shooter on the team. His problem has always been bad shot selection and decision making sometimes but that doesn't make him a selfish or ball hog player.

If he drives and kick out or create looks for his teammate, I bet your ass Eric Gordon, PJ Tucker, Harden are better Floor spacing option than anyone in okc last year not named Pual George. He can run PnR with Clint, upgrade over Adams, and he got shooters to space the floor compared to OKC floor spacing last year.

People keep talking about his bad off ball, like he didn't watch KD and PG go to work when they ISO themself it won't be any different from harden ISO when they looking to score they looking to score they ain't passing.

Last edited:

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Man first team all nba chokers.

I'm gonna laugh if Russ gets knocked out of the first round again

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

I am not a lip reader, and I don't know the context, but it looks like he's going "yeah ha ha h- pussy."

Nov 27, 2017
California
Really surprised the rockets got rid of that terrible contract, insane how much CP3 was getting paid

OKC had three mvps, didn't want to pay one so they shipped him out, saw one leave for nothing and traded away the last one.

If I were a season ticket holder I'd ask for a refund

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
Man first team all nba chokers.

I'm gonna laugh if Russ gets knocked out of the first round again
The west is tough it's all about matchup, Houston could have easily made it to wcf again but PG hit a dagger to drop them from 2nd place to 5th place which made Houston facing GSW in the second round. As for Russ Denver would have been a better match up instead of Portland

clippers, lakers, Utah, spurs, Denver, Portland , Houston, warriors.

Let's not forget teams like Mavs, NO, and Sac, going to be playing hard every game it's going to be a grinding fun season and post season all about match ups

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Anyone calling Westbrook selfish is an idiot
Also Westbrook needs to take less shots"

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
Really surprised the rockets got rid of that terrible contract, insane how much CP3 was getting paid

OKC had three mvps, didn't want to pay one so they shipped him out, saw one leave for nothing and traded away the last one.

If I were a season ticket holder I'd ask for a refund
Meh. Not all bad. PG did OKC a solid and SGA + picks for days ain't bad. Plus in 2023 we gonna get Russ, harden and KD back 🙌

Anyway I like this trade. Just gotta dump CP3 next. Miami gonna do it with a pick attached? 😂

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Good luck to Westbrook.

Me and my friends call him "Cheat code" when playing NBA games because he's just that good in real and virtual life.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Based on his recent play, Westbrook is absolutely NOT a "legit MVP type talent". His shooting and efficiency are horrendous. His defense is nonexistent. He's He can't play off the ball, and is going to an offense that revolves around James Harden playing ISO. He's probably at the start of a decline, on the wrong side of 30, and is a guy that relies heavily on his athleticism and physical ability. This was a desperation move, not some clear upgrade.

You don't have to trade Harden. You could maybe try and move Paul + filler to a team looking for a "star" player to try and get some flexibility and pieces around Harden that work better with his style of play. Not an easy feat, no doubt, but better than Morey's desperate attempt to just add any superstar that he can find.

You've consistently been on the anti-RW wagon and I am here for it. Been over him and how the media wanks him off for his meaningless stat padding for years now.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
"Anyone calling Westbrook selfish is an idiot
Also Westbrook needs to take less shots"
Your point? If someone avg 20 shots per game, less shot could mean 15, if someone avg 15 shots less shot could mean 10-12. Does shooting 15-20 shots a game make you a ball hog/selfish? No.

a lot of stars take shots it's knowing your shot selection that's key.

My point still stands

Curry avg 19.4 FGA per game last season does that make him a ball hog/selfish?

You saw when KD went out I'll rather have my best player take all the shot as long as their good/decent shots which is Westbrook problem, because he shoots too many bad 3s instead of attacking. if he makes his 3s people wont be talking

He needs less shot in Houston, no shit b/c he has way better shooters around him that space the floor, and the shot he does take he needs to select them better he can't be coming down jacking up 3s thinking he Klay or curry. His major flaw is his greatest weakness he goes at a fast pace 110% every possession when he really doesn't need too.

Last edited:

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
He plays the 1, harden 2 not that hard, all he gotta do is facilitate the offense , and once in a while harden do his thing, main thing Westbrook needs to stop taking up shots especially when his not even the 3rd best shooter on the team. His problem has always been bad shot selection and decision making sometimes but that doesn't make him a selfish or ball hog player.

And what makes you think any of this is going to change when he's 30? He played that way with KD, he played that way with PG, now all of a sudden it's gonna be different?

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dont see how Westbrook is going to change Houston's fortunes. He's going to be untradable too in a couple years.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Chris Paul being miserable on a tanking team in Oklahoma at least gives me some joy in my bleak sad life

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
And what makes you think any of this is going to change when he's 30? He played that way with KD, he played that way with PG, now all of a sudden it's gonna be different?
It's up to the coaching staff to figure it out, Scott brooks, and Billy Donovan looked scared af to tell him shit about his shot selection/decision making

you think if he was playing for coach pop or doc he'll be able to get away jacking up 3s 5 second into the possession multiple times? They will pull his ass out the game.

Him and harden shoot so many threes some games they go 5-17 4-15 just from 3 point. Only difference harden drives more and get some fouls to give him points or get super hot and makes his 3s

Last edited:

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
How we so sure Riles won't roll the dice on him and Jimmy?
He's old, isn't that good anymore, injury prone and makes 40m a year for 3 more seasons.

Not a chance. This trade only worked because of how insane Westbrook's contract was too. And that CP's was a year shorter. The heat are definitely not trading for him. No way

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well I was look in forward to watching the Miami meltdown between Westbrook and Butler but this will suffice.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana

again, just like durant/draymond, lebron/laker youngsters and kyrie/rest of the celtics, body language ultimately tells you everything, damn. the drama in the association lol.