• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
So is this a 60's thread then?

I also don't understand how you can like 60's and say f the 70's, because the 70's is fuckin' fantastic for music.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
my mom was telling me about a band that was big back then, think they're called the beetles or something, you should give them a shot

Nov 9, 2017
I was expecting old music like what is in Fallout 3/NV. Love that shit. Nat King Cole, Ella and Billie, and Cole Porter

MrSunshine

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta at least make this a little older for some credibility.

People in Hattiesburg, MS claim that rock 'n' roll was born there. They've got a case based on the recordings made by Roosevelt Graves in 1929-1936. Some will argue that the first rock song was from the 1929 material, but to my unschooled ears, this 1936 (mostly) instrumental is the most clearly rock 'n' roll.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
I've always loved 50' and 60's music, but hated 70's and 80's music growing up (I grew up in the 80's). The older I get the more into the older stuff I get. Out of nowhere here lately I've been on a Fleetwood Mac trip. I never gave them the time of day because when I was young I saw them as an "old hippie band" but put on some headphones and it bangs.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
60's and 70's funk, soul, and R & B are the soundtrack of my life. There are lifetimes of amazing music that can groove you down to your bones.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Some great stuff in here, I'll add the first band from the 60s that I ever fell in love with thanks to my parents great taste in music.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
I had an emotional moment one time when I was high, listening to music from the 60s/70s and realizing none of these artists had fancy computers and that helped them piece together music and make it sound good.

The true MVPs

Nilson

Nov 5, 2017
lol I'm reminded of when my co worker who is in his late teens told me he loves classic rock like Pearl Jam.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
"Old"

But yeah, recent popular music tend to suck, so obviously, good music is therefore amazing.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is old? Even 'old ass'?

I thought you were going to bring some old Egyptian bangers. Or at least early a century old.

One of my favorite things in Civilization VI is using "authentic" music for the various leaders, and going all the way back to Hurrian Hymn No. 6 for Sumeria.

Jun 1, 2019
Here's some classic house music from the 90's :)

(Yuzo Koshiro borrowed heavily from this song for the track "Go Straight in Streets of Rage 2"!)

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Old ass music makes today's music look like a sad joke. It's gotten to a point where even mumble pop became a thing (Billie Eilish yuck).

I'm consistently unimpressed by new music, so literally all my music is older stuff.