• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Redding been posted yet?

Honestly even as a 20 something I wouldn't classify anything as "old" until we're in big band territory or prior.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Heres some more classic Australian songs -

Way better than most of today's music that's for sure.
Ehh, I don't agree personally, (though music is pretty much the most subjective thing on Earth, so I'm not saying you're wrong or anything) there is just as much amazing music coming out these days in almost every genre (though obviously not as innovative) - it's usually just not played on commercial radio and takes a little bit of searching and/or experimentation (and luck) to find.

Oct 27, 2017
I downloaded a giant like 20 CD compilation of Americana music from the 1910s-1930s and it was one of the most fascinating things I've listened to. It's sad to think there are so many eras of music from so many cultures that I'll never get to experience.

Is this sort of stuff available on Apple Music, do you (or anyone) know?

I like old music but tend to go no further back than the 50's - though I'd like to if it remains readily available.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Is this sort of stuff available on Apple Music, do you (or anyone) know?

I like old music but tend to go no further back than the 50's - though I'd like to if it remains readily available.
Good question--I'm sure it is, but I'd need to dig into an old external hard drive to find the specific one I had. Back when I was a member of a..less than legal site, I went through a phase of downloading traditional music from all over the world and spent months going through it, but they had to get it from somewhere. I'll see if I can find the names of some specific compilations.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm honestly ashamed it took me so many years to hear Big Mama Thornton's original (and in my opinion, superior) version of You Ain't Nothing but a Hounddog.

Right there with you.

When I lived in Scarsdale NY we had a junior high music teacher that taught us all about the blues/jazz and that era of music across the states. Amazing lady who gave me/us a love of such a wider range of music. I don't wish to bring any race or incorrect term here so apologises in advance if I word this poorly. Scarsdale was the second most Jewish place on the planet when I was there and to have an African American teacher there who literally gave that school a soul was incredible. Serious juxtaposition and a wonderful class to be in for a few short years, my sister had her some years before and the same effect occurred, she spread the history of soul music far and wide while instilling a love for it as well.

Wiseguy

Oct 29, 2017
youtu.be

I Only Have Eyes for You

Provided to YouTube by RhinoI Only Have Eyes for You · The FlamingosFlamingo Serenade℗ 1959 Rhino Records, Inc.Composer: Al DubinComposer, Writer: Harry Warr...

Last edited:

Wiseguy

Oct 29, 2017
youtu.be

Stay In My Corner

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupStay In My Corner · The DellsThere Is℗ A Geffen Records Release; ℗ 1968 UMG Recordings, Inc.Released on: 1968-01-...

Last edited:

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Agreed.

www.youtube.com

Sam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Come (Official Lyric Video)

"A Change Is Gonna Come” by Sam CookeLyrics: I was born by the river in a little tentOh, and just like the river I’ve been a-runnin’ ever since.It’s been a l...

www.youtube.com

The Kinks - All Day And All Of The Night (Official Audio)

Official audio for "All Day And All Of The Night" by The Kinks. Originally released on 23rd October 1964 in the UK and 9th December 1964 in the US. The track...

www.youtube.com

In My Life (Remastered 2009)

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupIn My Life (Remastered 2009) · The BeatlesRubber Soul℗ 2009 Calderstone Productions Limited (a division of Univer...

Oct 25, 2017
I found this evolution of music video that I think is pretty interesting. It's mostly western centric, but still worth a listen.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
www.youtube.com

Electric Light Orchestra - Yours Truly, 2095 (Audio)

Music video by Electric Light Orchestra performing Yours Truly, 2095 (Audio). (C) 1981 Epic Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment

www.youtube.com

Donnie Iris - Ah! Leah! (Original Album Version)

For entertainment use only. All credit goes to Donnie Iris for the original song.

Not super old (early 80s) but still good

www.youtube.com

Joe Smooth - Promised Land (Club Mix) (HQ)

Joe Smooth - Promised Land (Club Mix) (HQ)

and a shot of house music

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I agree. I think music that sounds like 50's and 60's will make a comeback for x amount of time. I'm waiting.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017

Stevie and the rest of the band put on a fucking music clinic. Everything about this is just so perfect. It starts with a sublime bassline, then you add in the other instruments and it peaks with those horns. And to top it off you have Stevie's heavenly voice that just melts into this song.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Jimi still goat tier

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Some early The Who instrumental