• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
It's funny because i do remember a friend of mine in high school saying he had it, but i never thought about it being rare before. The new early great fairy shots are pretty neat(iirc, we only had distant shots of it before).

Viva o nintendo sessenta e quatro.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
was expecting much more...just look like unfinished models and animations more than cut content...but it's also true that nowadays there's very little to discover about beta zelda content

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I still have somewhere the incomplete strategy guide (up to Jabu-Jabu's belly iirc) that came with my copy. The game came in a big box just to accommodate the guide lol.

zelda-ocarina-time-n64-caixa-grande-original-brasil-vendido-D_NQ_NP_872408-MLB25911582650_082017-F.webp

soulzonik

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Just to give a little context (I ripped the footage for the channel and I also was the original owner of the VHS): yes, it was a pre-order bonus from Blockbuster in São Paulo and yes, the video was given before launch.

I don't remember the exact date, but it was around October (1998), and I got the game from the store in November or December. I watched this tape over and over, but I never thought that what was shown on it was "rare". I thought that other promotional materials had this same material already, mainly in the USA. However, the guys from the channel came to me and wanted the tape. So there it is.

Even with all this footage, I didn't feel spoiled. I was still stuck on how to get into the Fire Temple and, of course, the Water Temple. And I was 10 at the time.

----

In fact, if you are curious to know what the narrator speaks in Portuguese, here is an English translation:

"It all began long time ago"
"In a world not far away"
"There was a boy"
"An eternal battle between good and evil"
"And a dream"
The legend of the mysterious princess
And a force from darkness that only the boy could stop
And now, the legend continues
Enriched by the mystic and impressive power of the Nintendo 64
Come see (witness) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
In a world where evil threatened everyone
The young Link and his guardian fairy began a journey
He must fight unimaginable creatures
And seek the three stones that will help him to save the kingdom of Hyrule
This story was never told with the strength and power of the Nintendo 64
And this legend never entered this time dimension
Therefore, the young Link wakes up and discovers that he became a man
And even if he discovers the secret of his birth
His journey must go on
Through trials of fire and water
Spells and magic
Finally, he will face his biggest challenge
To stop the evil Ganon curse his people forever
Only a designer could create this legendary series
Only one platform has the epic power of the 3D with 64-bit real time
Only a entertainment giant could bring all of this to your home
Get ready for the most awaited game of the new generation
because nintendo is bringing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
In the end of the year for the Nintendo 64 platforms all around the world
The legend continues...

TEXT:
Get ready for the most awaited game of all time...

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man I wish we could get our hands on these beta's somehow, like super-early builds where castle town was 3D instead of pre-rendered.

Hateno

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 30, 2017
Everything behind this game will never stop being fascinating to me. Even minor changes such as musical notes and phantom ganon's painting merge. Perhaps it's rose tinted glasses and the age I was when it came out, or the fact it was so groundbreaking. Thanks for posting this!

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Game looks fairly finished there. I wonder how close to release some of that stuff was changed/cut. Being able to walk while using your sword is cool.

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks fairly finished there. I wonder how close to release some of that stuff was changed/cut. Being able to walk while using your sword is cool.

This is something I don't understand why they've gone back on since TP.

In SS, I guess I could see why with the motion combat. But in BotW, Link is already so slow compared to most enemies, giving him more mobility in combat would have made it feel so much better, imo.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
"Nintendo sessenta e quatro" <3

So was Navi's early name really "Godian" or that was a mistake by the promo?

EDIT: I see he actually says "fada guardiã" lol

Last edited:

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Lol at that alpha yell that young link shouted when falling in the hole

Pt-br
Pera, se fala rirule ao invés de rairule? É isso mesmo produção?
Pt-br/

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
It is a good thread for the reminder that we have a Brazil Era thread for all your portuguese speaking needs

www.resetera.com

BrazilERA |OT| Nothing Happens, Feijoada de Gato

Under Construction -- - Chroma Squad - Oniken - Odallus - Dreaming Sarah - Momodora - Toren - Tcheco in the Castle of Lúcio - No Heroes Here - Rock Fists - Bad Rats (yeah...) We also had some official hacks for the Master System and Mega Drive, like: - Mônica no...

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I thought it was gonna be footage of this early version of the game

That would be more interesting.

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting to know that such rare thing was here in Brazil and never uploaded before.

In 5:29 JabuJabu jellyfish enemies were inside Ice Cavern. I wonder of Ice Cavern was supposed to be inside Jabu Jabu 7 years ln the future.