• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Greent4

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Charlotte, NC
9sG9VjG.png

This game was expensive until it got re-released on xbox/psn store. But wtf amazon?

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
9sG9VjG.png

This game was expensive until it got re-released on xbox/psn store. But wtf amazon?
It says right there that it's from a 3rd party seller, selling new.

gamevaluenow.com

What are your Xbox video games worth?

Get the current value of Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the Xbox. We update our video game prices daily so you don't have to!
A complete copy is far more palatable at around $80 right now

Greent4

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Charlotte, NC
It's a third-party seller trying to exploit sealed game collectors.
It says right there that it's from a 3rd party seller, selling new.

gamevaluenow.com

What are your Xbox video games worth?

Get the current value of Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the Xbox. We update our video game prices daily so you don't have to!
ok i thought i something seemed off. Thx

Oct 25, 2017
N64 Mario games have recently doubled in price since the quarantines hit, which is not what the manager of the local store was expecting at all.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Devils Third for Wii U has skyrocketed to north of $180 for some reason. And this is a game that was reprinted. I remember the first run was very low and starting selling for a lot. So they made a second run. Killing the market. And thats when i picked up a copy for $20.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Devils Third for Wii U has skyrocketed to north of $180 for some reason. And this is a game that was reprinted. I remember the first run was very low and starting selling for a lot. So they made a second run. Killing the market. And thats when i picked up a copy for $20.
Holy shit. I had no idea this happened. Last time I checked it was floating in the $80-$100 range.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I notice Stubbs shot up over $100, which blows my mind. I love that game and I'm glad I bought it because I'd probably end up buying it at over a 100 if that was my only option

Looks like Crisis Core is getting a big bump from FF7R.
This blows my mind. I remember seeing the game for dirt cheap forever even when it was new. I would never pay those prices to replay it.
N64 Mario games have recently doubled in price since the quarantines hit, which is not what the manager of the local store was expecting at all.
This sorta makes sense cause people have huge nostalgia for N64 titles and there's always demand for the majority of Mario games on N64. Quarantine isn't gonna help
I'm pretty sure that second run was small as well. Either way I wouldn't recommend paying anything over 60 for it and this is coming from someone who enjoyed playing the game

Deleted member 29237

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Wow why is animal crossing GC suddenly so expensive? I bought an NTSC copy for £40 last year yet now it's worth double? I know there's a new game out but haven't new ones come out every few years anyway?

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow why is animal crossing GC suddenly so expensive? I bought an NTSC copy for £40 last year yet now it's worth double? I know there's a new game out but haven't new ones come out every few years anyway?
Usually when new games give mainstream appeal to a series it causes earlier entries to skyrocket. New Horizons is the most successful game in the series only a month into the game's life. That's a lot of people possibly giving the series a try for the first time, and that usually leads to interest in the previous games in the series. While they aren't seeing the heights of the Gamecube entry, Wild World, City Folk, and New Leaf are all seeing bumps in value as well.

The last time I remember seeing something like this was with Fire Emblem. The older games were reasonably priced, then Awakening released and brought more attention to the series, driving up the prices of all the previous games in the series.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
I remember them getting dirt cheap. I got in on the second run with a $60 copy from GameStop I think. Never got around to opening it

mantis23

Oct 27, 2017
Really surprised nobody has mentioned Ring Fit Adventure yet. Price shot up before the lockdown hit the US and then it went even higher. I was trying to resist selling my copy but ended up selling just the cart for $250 a few weeks back.

Nov 28, 2017
Batman Forever: The Arcade Game (PS1) $80 -100 for just the disc on ebay

I had this as a kid and lost it somehow. Not sure why it's that high.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Really surprised nobody has mentioned Ring Fit Adventure yet. Price shot up before the lockdown hit the US and then it went even higher. I was trying to resist selling my copy but ended up selling just the cart for $250 a few weeks back.
Lol wtf is someone gonna do with just the cartridge for Ring Fit?

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bummer PDS is so much. It really deserves to be played more and that price+limited supply hampers many people's chances of playing it. The easier way of playing the game without shelling out crazy dough is to just region free mod your console or use an action replay cart. (TBH, all Saturn owners should really have that done already unless they are going with a SD card mounting route because it's just so much cheaper than buying every NTSC release... And NTSC doesn't even have most of the good stuff released). After that the games only like $20-30 and with superior artwork.

Hopefully we do get a remaster plus re-release through reverse engineering of the original game one day. I'm supporting all these new Panzer Dragoon remakes just so Saga will have the chance.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
It's a bummer PDS is so much. It really deserves to be played more and that price+limited supply hampers many people's chances of playing it. The easier way of playing the game without shelling out crazy dough is to just region free mod your console or use an action replay cart. (TBH, all Saturn owners should really have that done already unless they are going with a SD card mounting route because it's just so much cheaper than buying every NTSC release... And NTSC doesn't even have most of the good stuff released). After that the games only like $20-30 and with superior artwork.

Hopefully we do get a remaster plus re-release through reverse engineering of the original game one day. I'm supporting all these new Panzer Dragoon remakes just so Saga will have the chance.
I wonder when it'll finally disappear, there aren't THAT many copies in the wild.

PlainOldJosh

Nov 4, 2017
Complete copies of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door are now going for over $100.

OOekEne.png

Loose carts of Paper Mario on Nintendo 64 are also going for almost $90 on average.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
A new copy of Persona 4 Golden will run you anywhere between $70 and $100, in my experience. I bought the game brand new to play on a PSTV just three years ago, and it was $20! It's not even that old. It's not pushing far past $100, but given it only just recently ended production, it's kinda wild to me.

What the hell the solid gold edition must have explode.....

Sold lisitng $499.99 + 71$ of shiping... OMG !

Dernus

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised I hadn't seen this thread before.... I think it's time to go into my attic and start digging through my boxes of old games to see if I have some hidden gems worth some $ seeing as I've been out of work since March.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Complete copies of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door are now going for over $100.

OOekEne.png

Loose carts of Paper Mario on Nintendo 64 are also going for almost $90 on average.
Jeez, I can understand why. The games been trending up for the last few years slowly and the switch title likely gave it a big boost due to it not having any other way to play it. It's definitely a game that would sell well if they just released a modern port

Oct 28, 2017
Beerse, Belgium
This is the opposite of this thread but 2 weeks ago, I managed to buy the PAL versions of Wild Arms 4 & 5 for a fraction of the inflated prices they have been going for since years, the latter even still in plastic. It's almost like the stock market!

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I try not too look too closely at this stuff because it just makes me sad sometimes.

I bought a copy of Rule of Rose on PS2 for $30 at an EB and sold it for $150. It sells for almost triple that now. That's not the only thing I sold too early by a long shot either:(

Sold Game Cube Component cables for $120.

Sole a cart only of Jack Bros for $250...

I could have a McMansion by now if I had hung onto some of this stuff.

I have a spreadhseet with all the games I currently own in it and recently added a column next to everything with the value that way if my apartment burns down, I have a starting point with my tenants insurance. Some of the results were interesting.

On PS3, Everything is at the lowest point it's ever going to get pretty much so most stuff was worth $5 maybe a little more. Some of the stuff that was worth more made sense. Catherine with the Artbook, The Simpsons Game, Folklore. Okay we have a Atlus game with probably a low print run, A Licensed game that has never been and probably never will be available digitally, and an early good PS3 game most people missed.

But then, Midway Arcade Origins, Ratchet and Clank Trilogy, The Sly Collection. How are these worth $30ish bucks each when everything else is worth like $5?

There were some other weird standouts.

Futurama The Game being worth $160 surprised me. Resident Evil Deadly Silence being worth $70 surprised me as well. Most of the Klonoa games being valuable made me happy though. Y'all deserve to pay through the nose for them after not buying these fantastic games the first time around!

Last edited:

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal

I bought this very game for 3€ a couple years ago. Man do I love living in a country that's mostly unaware when it comes to such things (no ebay or any dedicated video game presence when it comes to physical stores)...

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

I want to experience the Fire Emblem games with the best art direction (IMO)but it's like $180 for a disc only copy in acceptable condition
My solution for this particular problem was simple, I bought a disc only copy in unplayable condition for next to nothing, ripped it and dumped it into a thumb drive and played it that way.

I'd say this is also the case for about ~20% of my Saturn and Dreamcast libraries. It's my go to approach for stupidly expensive games and I've yet to encounter a single game in such conditions that couldn't be ripped.

Last edited: