• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Old homophobic Kevin Hart comments surfaced (update: Oscars request apology, Kevin declines)

Oct 26, 2017
Canada

billy eichner @billyeichner

This is not good. A simple, authentic apology showing any bit of understanding or remorse would have been so simple. Like I tweeted a few weeks ago, Hollywood still has a real problem with gay men. On the surface it may not look like it. Underneath, it’s far more complicated.

David Mack @davidmackau

no apology no mention of the lgbt community, just imagine if this was about any other marginalised group

Oct 27, 2017
The In-Between
Revisionism is a hell of a drug.
  • By then we knew how devastating the AIDS epidemic was.
  • By then we knew that many young kids would commit suicide because of the bullying.
  • We also knew kids were getting killed for being gay.
  • We also knew parents were killing their kids for being gay.
  • We have a whole Wikipedia page dedicated to it.
We ALL knew. And Kevin Hart had the choice not to type that nonesense, and doing a google search. But he didn’t. Because he didn’t care.

Right now, he had the choice to apologize and tell the world he is okay with gays. He didn’t. Because he doesn’t care.

Oct 25, 2017
  • By then we knew that many young kids would commit suicide because of the bullying.
We ALL knew. And Kevin Hart had the choice not to type that nonesense, and doing a google search. But he didn’t. Because he didn’t care.

Right now, he had the choice to apologize and tell the world he is okay with gays. He didn’t. Because he doesn’t care.
Exactly.

Not only did he not care but he blew smoke up his own ass and praised himself.

Oct 25, 2017
USA

Truth. Stop bending over backwards to defend this asshole. He double and tripled down. Fuck him.

All of this.

Damn, Kevin. Sucks for you. Being gay rules.

- Best clubs
- Best dance moves
- Best bartending/drinks
- Best hair
- Best sex
- Best gym habits (not me :<)

Sorry you hate us.
Ya'll also the best dressed for any occasion.

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
>
“I just got a call from the Academy and that call basically said, ‘Kevin, apologize for your tweets of old or we’re going to have to move on and find another host.’ I’m talking about the tweets from 2009 and 2010,” the 39-year-old comedian said. “I chose to pass on the apology. The reason why I passed is because I’ve addressed this several times. This is not the first time this has come up. I’ve addressed it. I’ve spoken on it. I’ve said where the rights and wrongs were. I’ve said who I am now versus who I was then. I’ve done it. I’m not going to continue to go back and tap into the days of old when I’ve moved on and I’m in a completely different place in my life.”

Oct 29, 2017
And when the Academy drops him, as they should, he's gonna go bitch and moan that the "evil negative people" were the ones who took it away from him.

Fuck that shit. How hard is it to apologize? He never even "addressed it", only said he'd stop telling the joke because people are too sensitive.

Oct 27, 2017
When, where and how did he “address” it in the past?

You can’t reaffirm you’ve become a better person to the world when it actually matters? Okay...Thank u, next 😘
There were a few non-apology, sorry you were offended-type comments from him that were posted earlier in this thread. I wish he could be more self reflective and see what's really happening, but he's taking it too personally and doubling down on his bullshit.

Nov 6, 2017
people are backing hart for this on twitter, the arguement being it's been brought up and apologized for multiple times and it's trolling
>.> interesting cause this generally isn't extended to racist people ( granted it's usually cancelling upon first discovery )

Oct 29, 2017
how fucking hard is it to say that calling people fags is wrong???
People in this thread are saying 2010 wasn't that long ago yet these tweets "surfacing" now clearly says just how different 2018 is compared to 2010. Republicans didnt even get the ball rolling with "pc culture" complaints yet.

In fact this stuff is so old everyone seems to have forgotten we had this controversy already. He responded to his stand up "surfacing" back in 2015:

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-news/kevin-harts-funny-business-67836/

He's been honest about this stuff the whole time:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/16/kevin-hart-gay-role-_n_6490424.html

So is the outrage actually because he hasn't grown fast enough since then? That it's not enough that he doesn't want those kinds of jokes to be part of his act anymore?

Oct 27, 2017
people are backing hart for this on twitter, the arguement being it's been brought up and apologized for multiple times and it's trolling
>.> interesting cause this generally isn't extended to racist people ( granted it's usually cancelling upon first discovery )
There’s a ton of “he already apologized” which is them mimicking the video with zero actual proof because there isn’t any.