• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't listen to old Eddie Murphy standup shows.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
NvSXEOM.png

97wqIHD.png

Christ...

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He will come out and say he was wrong I bet, and probably be genuine about it to. 2010 is a long time ago, in the sense that a lot of people have evolved over the past decade.

This doesn't excuse his behavior then, but I don't think he's "canceled."

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"surface"
Literally just watched this the other day on Netflix. It hasn't been buried...
It's such a weirdly mean spirited part of the special. Really made me do a double take when it happened. Like someone else said, there's not even a joke there, just "don't be gay." I hope he's changed his heart on this since, because it's just an ugly way of thinking.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
In some ways I'd rather not know how bad he was.

It was in the 80's, so the height of people thinking AIDS was a disease made to wipe out gays. That's a lot of what his routines were about when he did routines about it. But he did apologize for it in the early 90's and as far as I know he hasn't made any jokes like that sense. So he at least seemed genuine with his apology.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Going to be very interesting to see how the Academy handles this, given the very public knowledge that Hart only got this gig after everybody else passed.

Considering Disney's track record though - they're going to want him gone.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, there is no move here he can make except for owning up to them, explaining without qualification how bigoted the statements were and either showing or explaining how he's changed. From there it's in the court of public opinion whether it's accepted or not

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how a full on bit from a famous comedian's stand up special counts as "surfaces". These weren't made in some dingy chuckle hut off the LA expressway.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018
i'm available to host the oscars and the only skeletons in my closet are on habbo hotel back in '03 so

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What's he said since then? I'm willing to accept a change of heart as genuine if it happens before the person gets busted.
Man, he dug himself deep, though... yikes.

Dec 9, 2017
They kept this one in the tuck just in case Kev made it past talk show interviews, cheap comedies, and black sporting events.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe he's.... changed since then? Hopefully? It's not like homophobia was all that cool only 8 years ago though.

Dave Chappelle's transphobia didn't seem to hurt him and that was, what, this year? Last year? Tooooons of people defend him, but maybe people care enough about gay people to push the issue with Kevin Hart.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Wait what the fuck? I do not keep up with the guy so has he changed his tune at all? Has he even apologized for these comments?

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Honestly surprised it is only resurfacing now. More surprised after what's happened in the past couple of years, celebs havnt deleted their horrible posts.

Do people spend their days just digging up old tweets lol