• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not defending Kevin at all. What he said was terrible.

All I said was "the timing is suspect" in a paragraph long post, then someone decided to pluck only that sentence from it and start an argument, so I had to defend my point. I haven't defended Kevin at all in any post that I've made.

Of course the timing is suspect. When your profile continues to rise you should expect and be ready to deal with this kind of scrutiny, though.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Would it be ok if it was after he presented the oscars? I'm assuming you're fine with him still doing the gig?
Nope, never said that at all.
It's terrible, because one is about a man who couldn't help where he was born and absurd claims, and the other is about hate speech.

It proves what? That every time a new person rises to prominence people on one side try to dig up dirt? This happens to everyone mate, and you know this.

Racism is real, plenty of non-racist people doing detective work too.
Its accurate because it's in the intent. Both are situations where one tries to get in a position of power, and the other tries to dig up dirt to discredit them.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Its accurate because it's in the intent. Both are situations where one tries to get in a position of power, and the other tries to dig up dirt to discredit them.

No... one is defending a man who did nothing wrong, and the other is defending a man who spewed hate speech. This is NOT the context for the debate you're trying to have.

You're way off here.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man it's like you aren't reading the whole thing.

I never said Kevin should still host or that he shouldn't be condemned, I said the exact opposite.

All I said was "the timing is suspect" in a paragraph long post, and someone decided to pluck that one sentence and start an argument. Go back and look at my post, I never said Kevin should get away with it.

And FYI, I work in film. I watch all the award shows, hell I've even gone to a few and some of my best friends/colleagues are in the LGBTQ+ community.

It's like some of y'all just take one comment out of context and spin the whole fucking thing. It's annoying as fuck sometimes.
Man if you're pretending to be ignorant you're a damn fine job

Kevin Hart's tweets coming to light now ain't suspect. It has absolutely ZERO to do with him being black. If Casey affleck or James Franco or woody Allen or mark walhberg were selected as Oscar hosts, then their past would be brought up as well. This is EXACTLY the time for these tweets to come to light now that he's hosting the Oscars. Get that through ya head brotha

astro

Oct 25, 2017

Kevin Hart's tweets coming to light now ain't suspect. It has absolutely ZERO to do with him being black. If Casey affleck or James Franco or woody Allen or mark walhberg were selected as Oscar hosts, then their past would be brought up as well. This is EXACTLY the time for these tweets to come to light now that he's hosting the Oscars. Get that through ya head brotha

Exactly.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
It's like some of y'all just take one comment out of context and spin the whole fucking thing. It's annoying as fuck sometimes.

I've no doubt that this happens, but you have nothing to back up your claim that it was done due to race. This thread is about a homophobe rightfully being called out, nothing else.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
The timing is suspect.

Those comments are trash though.

He'll find a way to get out of it though. The man has a weird way of words that I can't describe. Watch his Breakfast Club Interview after he got caught cheating. Pretty much flipped the whole script and came out unscathed.
No... one is defending a man who did nothing wrong, and the other is defending a man who spewed hate speech. This is NOT the context for the debate you're trying to have.

You're way off here.

I've no doubt that this happens, but you have nothing to back up your claim that it was done due to race. This thread is about a homophobe rightfully being called out, nothing else.
I quoted my original message at the top, for all of you who are saying that I am defending this man or saying this is because of race.

I NEVER SAID ANY OF THAT.

All I said was "the timing is suspect" and one person took it out of context and chose to run with it.

Never defended Kevin Hart.

Never said he should still be host.

You're arguing for the sake of arguing, without taking in everything that I'm saying.

Oct 29, 2017
Y'all really think "fag" was acceptable to use in 2010? No, I don't care if you were in middle school and used it to impress your shitty friends at the time.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I quoted my original message at the top, for all of you who are saying that I am defending this man or saying this is because of race.

All I said was "the timing is suspect" and one person took it out of context and chose to run with it.

You're arguing for the sake of arguing, without taking in everything that I'm saying.

The very fact you are choosing this place to spark up this conversation is defense.

This is NOT the time or the place. This is NOT comparable to what happened with Obama.

Have some damn awareness of the context.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing. You're just missing the point. It's the constant thread of "black man gets put in position of power, let me dig up something to bring them down."

It happens all the time.

You sure about that? Then why bring this up, or the Obama post? Do you even read the shit you type?

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I was gonna say that he probably said something that wasn't generally seen as offensive back then. But that was pretty bad and 2010 wasn't that long ago

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
The very fact you are choosing this place to spark up this conversation is defense.

This is NOT the time or the place. This is NOT comparable to what happened with Obama.
Nobody was trying to spark up the conversation Astro, holy fucking shit.

I get that you're mad and angry, but you can't just be mad and angry at everything/everybody when they say something small like that without taking in everything that they are saying.

It's a comment. I didn't say "the timing is suspect guys, we need to investigate this", I essentially said "the timing is suspect, but it doesn't matter because what he said was vile."

Jesus.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody was trying to spark up the conversation Astro, holy fucking shit.

I get that you're mad and angry, but you can't just be mad and angry at everything/everybody when they say something small like that without taking in everything that they are saying.

It's a comment. I didn't say "the timing is suspect guys, we need to investigate this", I essentially said "the timing is suspect, but it doesn't matter because what he said was vile."

Jesus.

I'm not mad at you, I'm just amazed you can still be posting this nonsense. The lack of awareness surrounding your own comments you literally just posted is also impressive.

Take a long breath, then check this conversation over once more.

Oct 29, 2017
Fag was never acceptable for anyone, ever, except for maybe trashy ignorant straight guys.

Exactly. It was never acceptable. Even when people were using it as shitty "edgelord humor" in grade school it wasn't ok in 2010. Full stop.

I dont know what people are thinking when they say shit like "guys it was a different time!" For them maybe, when they weren't mature enough to know that words meant, but Hart was a grown-ass man at the time.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
You sure about that? Then why bring this up, or the Obama post? Do you even read the shit you type?
In the Obama post maybe I should've just said "man" or "dude" or "person", probably would've been better.

But you guys kept trying to bash me for defending someone when I never did any of that. I put the phrase in all caps and y'all just skipped over it.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018

Then instead of just writing timing is suspect maybe put some context to it? Like why you think it's suspect, and if that changes anything?

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not mad at you, I'm just amazed you can still be posting this nonsense. The lack of awareness surrounding your own tweets you literally just posted is also impressive.

Take a long breath, then check this conversation over once more.
Nonsense? Lol what? How is any of it nonsense? Obviously the conversation evolved, but I kept putting my sentiments in ALL FUCKING CAPS and you guys just skipped right over it. It would've been done but you chose to keep it going.

Like not once, ever, in any post did I ever defend Kevin Hart. Not once. But for some muthafuckin reason, you think I did. That, to me, is nonsense.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
People are surprised about this? It comes with the Kevin Hart bundle.

It's almost like if I signed Jim Jefferies to host the Oscars only to be shocked to find out he says cunt a lot.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Then instead of just writing timing is suspect maybe put some context to it?
He did put some context. He said when a black man gets in a position of power people try to take them down.

But pls note that he's not defending Hart. He's just accusing the original tweet finder of being racist. Because otherwise why even say that?

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Then instead of just writing timing is suspect maybe put some context to it?
I mean I wrote about four more sentences after that, so it shouldn't have even been necessary. You shouldn't have to explain "person gets a big job and then old tweets resurface". The timing of it is just suspect, but that doesn't mean what Kevin said and did is okay, because it's not. He shouldn't be able to host the Oscars.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Nonsense? Lol what? How is any of it nonsense? Obviously the conversation evolved, but I kept putting my sentiments in ALL FUCKING CAPS and you guys just skipped right over it. It would've been done but you chose to keep it going.

Like not once, ever, in any post did I ever defend Kevin Hart. Not once. But for some muthafuckin reason, you think I did. That, to me, is nonsense.

The nonsense is your lack of awareness of the context and your own posts. The fact you are in here starting this conversation IS defense.

The fact you still don't see it and are ranting about ALL CAPS shows you're not paying attention.

He did put some context. He said when a black man gets in a position of power people try to take them down.

But pls note that he's not defending Hart. He's just accusing the original tweet finder of being racist. Because otherwise why even say that?

And still they won't see. They're walled up, I doubt we'll penetrate that for now.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You shouldn't have to explain "person gets a big job and then old tweets resurface". The timing of it is just suspect

Literally every job ever made has background checks. There's nothing suspect about finding out the truth about a job candidate.

You must be real confused when somebody runs for president and their opponents start bringing up old bad things they've done before.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017

Didn't say they were racist, champ. A comment of "the timing is suspect" is like saying "this drink is a little strong, but it tastes fucking amazing" or "man I can't believe she hates hip hop, but I love her to death so it doesn't matter."

The rest of it is inconsequential, because all that matters is the ending.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Literally every job ever made has background checks. There's nothing suspect about finding out the truth about a job candidate.

You must be real confused when somebody runs for president and their opponents start bringing up old bad things they've done before.
Before I go any further I just got to ask..... do y'all know what suspect means? Not in the literal, judicial sense, but in the slang sense.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't say they were racist, champ. A comment of "the timing is suspect" is like saying "this drink is a little strong, but it tastes fucking amazing" or "man I can't believe she hates hip hop, but I love her to death so it doesn't matter."

The rest of it is inconsequential, because all that matters is the ending.
First you said we gotta stop ignoring all your stupid posts and read all the context, not just the first sentence. We bring up your stupid posts, and you go back to saying the first sentence was all that matters.

This is a clown shoes performance

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
First you said we gotta stop ignoring all your stupid posts and read all the context, not just the first sentence. We bring up your stupid posts, and you go back to saying the first sentence was all that matters.

This is a clown shoes performance
It's really not. Other people have said the same things I have said in this thread, you guys are just choosing to pick out little things and make them bigger than what they are.

But forreal, answer my other question. Do y'all know what suspect means, not in the literal sense, but the slang sense.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

It's almost like if I signed Jim Jefferies to host the Oscars only to be shocked to find out he says cunt a lot.
Kevin Hart has had a recent blockbuster family friendly-ish image.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really not. Other people have said the same things I have said in this thread, you guys are just choosing to pick out little things and make them bigger than what they are.

But forreal, answer my other question. Do y'all know what suspect means, not in the literal sense, but the slang sense.
Why don't you explain us why this is suspect and I'll explain why you're wrong

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017

I think people are over selling the star power of Kevin Hart, he does not stack neither with other comedians nor other oscar hosts, that's the reason why there is so much surprise about these comments, most people didn't know enough about Hart.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Kevin Hart has had a recent blockbuster family friendly-ish image.

How about the films or stand-up specials he made right before Jumanji? They're not that old...

On said specials he acknowledged cheating on his wife, getting drunk, doing drugs and whatnot. Doesn't strike me as the family friendly type.

I think people are over selling the star power of Kevin Hart, he does not stack neither with other comedians nor other oscar hosts, that's the reason why there is so much surprise about these comments, most people didn't know enough about Hart.

I was surprised they chose him tbh.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So I assume you're going to be ignoring the thread after your contextless drive-by post? Since you're very much active and posting elsewhere, despite me asking you to explain what you meant by this?
I think we all know it's probably about something they said where they said comedy is becoming too PC which is silly for several reasons

1) there's offensive jokes and then there's offensive statements trying to masquerade as jokes and just offensive statements with no disguise as a joke. Hart's stand up is the 2nd and his tweet is the 3rd. I'm not sure either of them would stand by hart's comments

2) I like Bill Burr a lot, he's probably my favorite stand up comedian who's still active and his voice acting is fantastic. But even he admits he's just a grumpy old dude who's probably behind the times on a lot of stuff.

3) they're both straight males which is a pretty fucking gross defense. Hey LGBT Era and Twitter, let me parade out these straight dudes to tell you why this other straight dude's hateful comments aren't actually bad!

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Why don't you explain us why this is suspect and I'll explain why you're wrong
Dude gets new job.

Day after someone digs up old tweets of them saying homophobic stuff.

They then post it to twitter with the caption "and the Oscar for most homophobic host goes to..."

Boil that all together, and the timing of it all just seems suspect. NOT suspect in the sense of "wow, the person who posted that has some malicious intent and we should be looking at them more" BUT INSTEAD "hmm.... that's weird." Suspect, in the slang sense, just means weird.

Like yo, I'm ON all of y'all fucking SIDE. Taking that whole thing out of context was just fucking stupid, and alienating someone who wwas saying people were right, and Kevin Hart is a homophobe who shouldn't host the oscars.
You wrote this..."It's the constant thread of "black man gets put in position of power, let me dig up something to bring them down."

This isn't about a black man, it's about a homophobic man.
Yeah, I get that.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude gets new job.

Day after someone digs up old tweets of them saying homophobic stuff.

They then post it to twitter with the caption "and the Oscar for most homophobic host goes to..."

Boil that all together, and the timing of it all just seems suspect. NOT suspect in the sense of "wow, the person who posted that has some malicious intent and we should be looking at them more" BUT INSTEAD "hmm.... that's weird." Suspect, in the slang sense, just means weird.
Person gets a job. Other people chime in saying he's not the right fit for a job.

This is...very normal. Did you think it was "suspect" when people brought all the negative things about Trump to light when he got the job as president?

Oct 27, 2017
Fag was never acceptable for anyone, ever, except for maybe trashy ignorant straight guys.
Yeah, thinking about it I maybe heard it a handful of times ever in real life and really only saw it on 4chan where it was clearly used as a slur, although a bizarre slur that didn't have to do with sexuality. Are there any links to the original tweets? Did the comments call him out on them at the time?

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Person gets a job. Other people chime in saying he's not the right fit for a job.

This is...very normal. Did you think it was "suspect" when people brought all the negative things about Trump to light when he got the job as president?
No, because all of that started long before he became President and even before he announced his candidacy. Do you know the effort you have to go through to dig up old tweets? Someone had to actually have searched for it. But none of that matters, because what he said was horrible and vile.

Why'd you just ignore the rest of my post though? Forreal Y'all are just arguing to argue. It's fucking stupid. I'm literally ON YOUR SIDE. I've said it time and time again.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, this was not an acceptable thing to say even in 2010. People in here are acting like 2010 was the 70s

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, because all of that started long before he became President and even before he announced his candidacy. Do you know the effort you have to go through to dig up old tweets? Someone had to actually have searched for it. But none of that matters, because what he said was horrible and vile.

Why'd you just ignore the rest of my post though? Forreal Y'all are just arguing to argue. It's fucking stupid. I'm literally ON YOUR SIDE. I've said it time and time again.

Typing "@kevinhart4real fag" into the twitter search brings up all the tweets. stop making it seem like there's a bunch of effort to uncover public tweets lol

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Typing "@kevinhart4real fag" into the twitter search brings up all the tweets. stop making it seem like there's a bunch of effort to uncover public tweets lol
It's not the effort in typing it in. It's more so what drove that person to do it in the first place. Has Kevin Hart said anything malicious or bad towards people in the LGBTQ+ community recently? No.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
This aint sus

Now if there was some 10 year old tweet of Hart tweeting "GAYYYYY" at someone's Just Married announcement tweet that got dug up, but then it turns out that he was the best man at the wedding and it was a friendly but not PC joke between two buds, yeah THAT would be suspect

Him not wanting his son to be gay/berating the 'gay' out of him at a young age, calling dudes fag repeatedly, thats not some hitpiece leaving out context to rile up people online because a black man is hosting

It's not the effort in typing it in. It's more so what drove that person to do it in the first place. Has Kevin Hart said anything malicious or bad towards people in the LGBTQ+ community recently? No.
People remember shit like that when it personally affects them, no one here would have a problem with some upstart politician getting raked over the coals for some welfare queen racism from 10 years ago, EVEN IF he hasnt mentioned EBT financed rap cars not one time since

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
for the record lets go over his history of gay panic and homophobia. And who better than the guy who brought up the tweet in the first place!

Hmm very suspect timing somebody would write about Kevin hart not being a good Oscar host the day after he's elected Oscar host huh? Very suspect indeed...

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
People remember shit like that when it personally affects them, no one here would have a problem with some upstart politician getting raked over the coals for some welfare queen racism from 10 years ago, EVEN IF he hasnt mentioned EBT financed rap cars not one time since
I understand that, and it's a completely acceptable response. My initial comment said "The timing is suspect. His comments are trash though." And then someone took that initial sentence out of context and picked an argument with me, so I had to defend myself. I've said multiple times though that what he said was horrible and vile and the timing of it all doesn't matter. I've known Kevin Hart was an egotistical piece of shit for a while, I can read between the lines. I'm surprised these things are coming to light this late.