• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
His non-apology/deflection:

I find this particularly weak and vague. No one put a gun to his head forcing him to say he'd abuse his son if he were gay.

We honestly deserve better than these shitty straight men constantly trying to push the harm they caused others under the rug, as if it wasn't a big deal.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

I find this particularly weak and vague. No one put a gun to his head forcing him to say he'd abuse his son if he were gay.

We honestly deserve better than these shitty straight men constantly trying to push the harm they caused others under the rug, as if it wasn't a big deal.

can u paste the text?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
can u paste the text?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrEFNFalWgw/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

It's a video, not long. I had to copy this from the source, might not be all of it:

Stop looking for reasons to be negative...Stop searching for reasons to be angry....I swear I wish you guys could see\/feel\/understand the mental place that I am in. I am truly happy people....there is nothing that you can do to change that...NOTHING. I work hard on a daily basis to spread positivity to all....with that being said. If u want to search my history or past and anger yourselves with what u find that is fine with me. I\u2019m almost 40 years old and I\u2019m in love with the man that I am becoming. You LIVE and YOU LEARN & YOU GROW & YOU MATURE. I live to Love....Please take your negative energy and put it into something constructive. Please....What\u2019s understood should never have to be said. I LOVE EVERYBODY.....ONCE AGAIN EVERYBODY. If you choose to not believe me then that\u2019s on you....Have a beautiful day

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

LOL holy shit this man is hopelessly out of touch.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Nov 1, 2017
Wow that's a great statement if your end goal is to make your current situation 10x worse

He could have just reiterated his comments from 2015 and this probably would have gone away

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

If anybody still thinks he learned from his words from 2010/11/15 after this, then y'all are fools.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
That response is some fucking Kanye West shit

I mean I get that hes likely talking about the suspect timing, and its more geared toward that idea. It has a hint of fuck you jabronies to it...

Unfortunately, It doesn't address the feelings of folks that hes hurt with his words. People that may be fans, or just human beings you know? People that possibly didn't see this know this...

But when you have fuck you money, and twitter, boy is it hard for people to not tubgirl themselves.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I mean should he really be held accountable for actions and words from 3:20 PM? Our political landscape has shifted so much since then

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I mean I get that hes likely talking about the suspect timing, and its more geared toward that idea. It has a hint of fuck you jabronies to it...

Unfortunately, It doesn't address the feelings of folks that hes hurt with his words. People that may be fans, or just human beings you know? But when you have fuck you money, and twitter, boy is it hard for people to not tubgirl themselves.

He seems to live an insular life, going by what he's talked about and what other comics that know him have said. He travels around with a close entourage everywhere. So they probably agree, and he so he thinks everything's fine.

I get what he's saying. He's claiming that he's changed and he loves everyone, including the gays. But someone with his money should have a publicist that is like, stop Kevin, offer a real apology and throw some of that ridiculous wealth you have to a charity or something. Show you actually care. Don't upload a short video to Instagram of you laying in bed whining like you're a teenage girl.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
The first few pages of this thread are crazy.

Oh wow, eight years ago the world was a totally different place, guys, there's no way we could have known these words would be hurtful since gay people have only existed for the last three years or so.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Wish y'all can understand how rich and happy i AM. I am a MAN who HAS so much HAPPINESS in my life!!! Stop being part of the problem and be the solution. Peace!"

WarLox

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
cot damn.

Well this is an example of how not to deal with things. It would have been amazingly simple to just address it, and keep the message positive with how you've matured/apologized/throw some money to a charity and move on.

Jesus christ.

There's literally nothing he could have said or done to make everyone happy. Nothing.

DeeDogg

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Florida
Social media is dangerous af. You can say something 20 years ago and some ass will dig it up and have some dirt on you. Crazy

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
yeah, but he was 30+ when he made those kinds of "jokes" and remarks. why should we care how he was raised? i don't think that was an excuse then when he talked about "being a man" or referring to women a certain way, and I don't think that's an excuse now. Actually, I don't think anyone has to look at it from his perspective or have to figure out where he is coming from, because the way he talks about being a man/having a woman is itself downright disgusting. He relegates roles to women, as to how they do stuff, how they speak, etc. women should just do this and that etc. kind of comedy. So yeah, I am perfectly okay to trash him without ever having to empathise where he grew up. if he were a kid, sure, but he isn't.
It's valuable to discern between exploring possible explanations for a man's thoughts and behavior, and excusing those thoughts and behaviors.

I apologize for the somewhat terse tone I took before editing this post. I misread and misquoted one of your posts and was responding to both the one above, and the misquote, initially.

Last edited:

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's literally nothing he could have said or done to make everyone happy. Nothing.

Social media is dangerous af. You can say something 20 years ago and some ass will dig it up and have some dirt on you. Crazy

Whenever people make excuses for pieces of shit the way you two are doing, it immediately becomes suspect on your part. The only reason you're jumping to his aid is because you both have likely said abhorrent shit in the not-so-distant past too.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crying foul over people digging up tweets is so weak because the tune of this thread would be different if was, hypothetically, Ryan Reynolds tweeting about niggers in 2008.

Of course, we'd just get another group of defenders in here so what's the point.

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
In 1990 people said 1980 was a different time. In 2000 people said 1990 was a different time. In 2010 people said 2000 was a different time.

There was *never* a time when homophobia was okay.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Crying foul over people digging up tweets is so weak because the tune of this thread would be different if was, hypothetically, Ryan Reynolds tweeting about niggers in 2008.

Of course, we'd just get another group of defenders in here so what's the point.
Seems like the whole "2010 was a different time" folks are silent now at least

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Kevin Hart is weird to me. He comes off fake and corny but then at same time gives no f*cks.

It's weird.

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Leaping to a celebrity's defense influenced by your own fondness for them as a fan or consumer of their entertainment/product has never been a mindset that's made any sense at all to me.

They're not your friends. They're not your family. You don't fucking know them. Why are you giving them the benefit of the doubt?

Kanye was my favorite artist of all time period before his slavery-denying shenanigans happened. I dropped him like a hot potato and had no issues doing so.

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If we're being completely honest, black comedians have a shield against this stuff because their core fans (black Americans) aren't angered by overt homophobia. In fact, Black support for gay marriage lags significantly behind other racial groups, and it just hit a majority (51%) last year. Frankly a lot of black men probably share Hart's view about their son being gay.

HomokHarcos

Jul 11, 2018
Canada
Not surprised he actually said he's not homophobic while saying his biggest fear is his son being gay. I know people who use gay and f**ot as an insult and have the nerves to deny they are not homophobic.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised he actually said he's not homophobic while saying his biggest fear is his son being gay. I know people who use gay and f**ot as an insult and have the nerves to deny they are not homophobic.
It's because they know being a homophobe is a bad thing, and they aren't a bad person, they just don't like gay people. I don't see what the hang up is!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrEFNFalWgw/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

It's a video, not long. I had to copy this from the source, might not be all of it:

This is exactly what we knew he was thinking, but it would have been so easy to just apologize or say he was wrong when he was younger. People wanted him to at least PRETEND he had changed or was showing some sort of remorse over his past word choices but he couldn't even muster that. Sure, some people would have never left him alone for his past mistakes... but it wouldn't have been the majority. Now people aren't going to leave him alone because of what he's saying in the here and now.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

There's a spectrum. Making everyone happy is a sophomoric concept. You literally can't, so no need to bring that up.

Could he just say my bad, it was a long time ago. I'm donating to a worthy cause. Remember to see my next 100 movies coming out today, in some fashion? The answer is yes.

There's this trend to emotionally polarize things these days. It's not a binary situation, make everyone happy or no one happy, no.

It was a half ass statement, which he would have been better just staying quiet. He could have squashed it pretty quickly. We aren't talking child rape. Like for gunn.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017

Maybe if corny ass motherfuckers acted right when they needed to, they wouldn't have to cover their asses later down the line.

Everyone knows abuse is wrong. Gays were just an easy target that no one cared to defend. Y'all damn well knew bullying us was wrong and choose to still do it because everyone else was doing it.

Now you're gonna have to sit there and take it for acting a fool, because now we're actually treated like people.

Fierro

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I sometimes don't get why the internet always needs there to be a process that needs to be followed.

Say something stupid a long time ago, dig it up, celeb apologizes, everyone moves on.

When it doesn't go about that way, boycotts and calling for said person happens.

Kevin is fucked for saying what he did, I don't see how any apology could be good enough because I wouldn't buy that he doesn't think that way.

red13th

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Wow. I was willing to give him a pass if he apologised since I sincerely believe people can change. But after this, well, statement? idk how to call this, I'm even more repulsed.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017

What in the fuck did he jus--

How in the hell are you gonna release a statement without even attempting to apologize and instead propping yourself up because, goddamnit, people need to see just how much of a hard worker you are.

The fuck?

Agreed 100%

Oct 27, 2017
Kevin Hart is 39 years old. He would have been 30 when he made those comments. He definitely knew better.
His age really doesn't matter. 30-year-olds are just as capable of being idiots as 20-year-olds. Come on, You don't stop growing at 30. Self-development is a lifelong thing.

Edit: But with his recent statement, he doesn't seem to have realized the error of his ways. So fuck it.