• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WarLox

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There's a spectrum. Making everyone happy is a sophomoric concept. You literally can't, so no need to bring that up.

Could he just say my bad, it was a long time ago. I'm donating to a worthy cause. Remember to see my next 100 movies coming out today, in some fashion? The answer is yes.

There's this trend to emotionally polarize things these days. It's not a binary situation, make everyone happy or no one happy, no.

It was a half ass statement, which he would have been better just staying quiet. He could have squashed it pretty quickly. We aren't talking child rape. Like for gunn.

But the thing is, he doesn't have to do anything. He's at the point in his career where he never has to make another dollar and will still die rich. Theres a reason why people call it "f- you money".

Every celebrity is not going to beg the public for forgiveness every time they screw up.

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But the thing is, he doesn't have to do anything. He's at the point in his career where he never has to make another dollar and will still die rich. Theres a reason why people call it "f- you money".

Every celebrity is not going to beg the public for forgiveness every time they screw up.

Yes, and he'll still be a piece of shit.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

billy eichner @billyeichner

This is not good. A simple, authentic apology showing any bit of understanding or remorse would have been so simple. Like I tweeted a few weeks ago, Hollywood still has a real problem with gay men. On the surface it may not look like it. Underneath, it's far more complicated.

David Mack @davidmackau

no apology no mention of the lgbt community, just imagine if this was about any other marginalised group

dtxziglxgaaiv6iw2d15.jpg

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
Revisionism is a hell of a drug.
  • By then we knew how devastating the AIDS epidemic was.
  • By then we knew that many young kids would commit suicide because of the bullying.
  • We also knew kids were getting killed for being gay.
  • We also knew parents were killing their kids for being gay.
  • We have a whole Wikipedia page dedicated to it.
We ALL knew. And Kevin Hart had the choice not to type that nonesense, and doing a google search. But he didn't. Because he didn't care.

Right now, he had the choice to apologize and tell the world he is okay with gays. He didn't. Because he doesn't care.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
  • By then we knew that many young kids would commit suicide because of the bullying.
We ALL knew. And Kevin Hart had the choice not to type that nonesense, and doing a google search. But he didn't. Because he didn't care.

Right now, he had the choice to apologize and tell the world he is okay with gays. He didn't. Because he doesn't care.
Exactly.

Not only did he not care but he blew smoke up his own ass and praised himself.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Truth. Stop bending over backwards to defend this asshole. He double and tripled down. Fuck him.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Kevin. Sucks for you. Being gay rules.

- Best clubs
- Best dance moves
- Best bartending/drinks
- Best hair
- Best sex
- Best gym habits (not me :<)

Sorry you hate us.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn

All of this.

Damn, Kevin. Sucks for you. Being gay rules.

- Best clubs
- Best dance moves
- Best bartending/drinks
- Best hair
- Best sex
- Best gym habits (not me :<)

Sorry you hate us.
Ya'll also the best dressed for any occasion.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

>

"I just got a call from the Academy and that call basically said, 'Kevin, apologize for your tweets of old or we're going to have to move on and find another host.' I'm talking about the tweets from 2009 and 2010," the 39-year-old comedian said. "I chose to pass on the apology. The reason why I passed is because I've addressed this several times. This is not the first time this has come up. I've addressed it. I've spoken on it. I've said where the rights and wrongs were. I've said who I am now versus who I was then. I've done it. I'm not going to continue to go back and tap into the days of old when I've moved on and I'm in a completely different place in my life."

Nov 1, 2017
Woof. How hard is it to apologize.

So the Oscars were allegedly already having a hard time getting someone to host. Who are they gonna have to settle for now?

Oct 29, 2017
And when the Academy drops him, as they should, he's gonna go bitch and moan that the "evil negative people" were the ones who took it away from him.

Fuck that shit. How hard is it to apologize? He never even "addressed it", only said he'd stop telling the joke because people are too sensitive.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
When, where and how did he "address" it in the past?

giphy.gif

You can't reaffirm you've become a better person to the world when it actually matters? Okay...Thank u, next 😘

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't y'all jump on me for the hate comment when his hosting gig was announced...Misogynistic, homophobic, colorist piece of shit.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When, where and how did he "address" it in the past?

giphy.gif

You can't reaffirm you've become a better person to the world when it actually matters? Okay...Thank u, next 😘
There were a few non-apology, sorry you were offended-type comments from him that were posted earlier in this thread. I wish he could be more self reflective and see what's really happening, but he's taking it too personally and doubling down on his bullshit.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
people are backing hart for this on twitter, the arguement being it's been brought up and apologized for multiple times and it's trolling
>.> interesting cause this generally isn't extended to racist people ( granted it's usually cancelling upon first discovery )

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Him declining means he probably gets canned meaning I can maybe actually watch it

Sowrong

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
how fucking hard is it to say that calling people fags is wrong???
People in this thread are saying 2010 wasn't that long ago yet these tweets "surfacing" now clearly says just how different 2018 is compared to 2010. Republicans didnt even get the ball rolling with "pc culture" complaints yet.

In fact this stuff is so old everyone seems to have forgotten we had this controversy already. He responded to his stand up "surfacing" back in 2015:

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-news/kevin-harts-funny-business-67836/

He's been honest about this stuff the whole time:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/16/kevin-hart-gay-role-_n_6490424.html

So is the outrage actually because he hasn't grown fast enough since then? That it's not enough that he doesn't want those kinds of jokes to be part of his act anymore?

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
people are backing hart for this on twitter, the arguement being it's been brought up and apologized for multiple times and it's trolling
>.> interesting cause this generally isn't extended to racist people ( granted it's usually cancelling upon first discovery )
There's a ton of "he already apologized" which is them mimicking the video with zero actual proof because there isn't any.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Piss off one of the most powerful organizations in the industry just to own the negative people

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if there was evidence that he apologized before he can fuck off.

This is where he is going to take a stand? Fucking really?

I disavow.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Wow droppin the full-on f bomb in those tweets. It wasn't the middle ages it was 2009 and he was like 30.