• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017

billy eichner @billyeichner

This is not good. A simple, authentic apology showing any bit of understanding or remorse would have been so simple. Like I tweeted a few weeks ago, Hollywood still has a real problem with gay men. On the surface it may not look like it. Underneath, it's far more complicated.

David Mack @davidmackau

no apology no mention of the lgbt community, just imagine if this was about any other marginalised group

dtxziglxgaaiv6iw2d15.jpg

Kanye ghost write this?

Fucking terrible response btw

So it's another James Gunn?
Jamess Gunn wasn't given a chance to apologise and keep his job. This is next level immolation.
IIRC James apologized years before he was accused or involved with guardians. Disney kicked him anyways

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if his career will survive this. Dude is a shithead, passed on an easy apology... Oscars are going to for-sure pull him now.

Didn't y'all jump on me for the hate comment when his hosting gig was announced...Misogynistic, homophobic, colorist piece of shit.

Colorist? Is he?

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Wow, he's a fucking idiot. I hope those terrible responses prevent him from screaming constantly in another dozen movies(and game shows) next year. I always figured the obvious cocaine use would be what kills his career because it literally would kill him.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
i mean,

there's gonna be more fallout to this.

whatever movie he is currently making, expect that to be canceled. whatever he's doing for the next 2 years at least.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

Anytime old ass tweets get brought up, I never like to go after the person because I don't see any use shitting on someone if they have changed because automatically the goal is to get said person to better themselves. It seems like that's not the case here and dude is unwilling to change, pretty disappointing.

Sometimes people change and sometimes they don't.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
i mean,

there's gonna be more fallout to this.

whatever movie he is currently making, expect that to be canceled. whatever he's doing for the next 2 years at least.
nope nope and nope, jumanji 2 is gonna happen
and his rep hasn't taken too hard a hit
back to back hits and this is done and forgotten

dumb of him tho , just apologize , add the i have already adressed this before and then move on , stepping down was meh

Emmert

Banned
Oct 23, 2018
love this. Just another example of the how the "too soon" theme is bull. Some people are never going to forgive you or let go. Just do what makes you happy, and has you at peace with yourself, instead of giving others the power to constantly hold things over you.

Lmao you're acting like it's so hard to apologize more than once. If you're not a jackass, it should be easy enough to say "sorry I said some really bigoted shit". I would say it ten times if that's what it took to make marginalized groups feel better, but nah he should be praised for doubling down and putting this on the people offended by bigoted shit.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
He's got a fuck ton of money so he'll be fine personally yes but you're on something else if you don't think telling the academy to go fuck themselves isn't a career limiting move.
he has jumanji 2 , secret life of pets 2 and a ton of things already in production
he is way way past the come up stage
he is too bankable

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017

Hmm, yeah if he's already apologized multiple times in the past like he said then I understand. If he's never apologized for what he's said about those horrible tweets then there's a problem.

It's interesting see who's all siding with him on this and who isn't. I'm seeing most blacks side with him according to the responses to that tweet. Way more than I was expecting.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
he has jumanji 2 , secret life of pets 2 and a ton of things already in production
he is way way past the come up stage
he is too bankable

It will jeopardise future projects if he doesn't course correct. It's already cost him one gig.

Even he seems to realise this given he's just changed his tune and given a better apology like he should have from the start.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It will jeopardise future projects if he doesn't course correct. It's already cost him one gig.

Even he seems to realise this given he's just changed his tune and given a better apology like he should have from the start.
Folks will now factor in the smoke of his comments and non apology when they want him for a project. Because who wants to be promoting something and have to answer those questions? Cause they will be coming

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, yeah if he's already apologized multiple times in the past like he said then I understand. If he's never apologized for what he's said about those horrible tweets then there's a problem.

It's interesting see who's all siding with him on this and who isn't. I'm seeing most blacks side with him according to the responses to that tweet. Way more than I was expecting.
Tonight was the first time he has ever apologized for it. His defenders are supporting homophobia. It sure makes the black vs. gay divide even deeper, unfortunately.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Not only were the comments worse than I thought they'd be, but his response was baffling... not even trying to deflect in the usual "I won't apologize for jokes because they're just jokes" way but just straight up focusing on how happy he is :lol

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Tonight was the first time he has ever apologized for it. His defenders are supporting homophobia. It sure makes the black vs. gay divide even deeper, unfortunately.
I don't know if Kevin's telling the truth but he said he's apologized in the past about it and people can look that up too so who knows really. I get the whole "people can change" thing and I believe it, even earlier in the thread I was one of the people saying he's changed but with that said he's gotta at least apologize and you gotta mean it from the heart. Change starts from within. If he apologized and has changed then I personally can say "ok, well that's what you're supposed to do."

But if someone doesn't apologize nor do they change, like say they make a blanket statement, idk. Either way it just boils down to if people think he's changed or not and also if you can take his word.

I'll take his word for it but if people don't want to I 100% completely understand why they wouldn't and think he hasn't changed and/or apologized. Same thing for if people got on me for when I was younger and I said something harmful to others. Even if I changed from how I used to be at the end of the day I said that so you gotta live with it. Same thing for this dude in school who called me a "nigger" in class. Yeah he said he's changed and I believe him but at the same time my homie doesn't.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
This reminds me of Trump saying he's denounced hate in the past and doesn't want to keep doing it. But I do get what Kevin is saying, I dislike this "find something and make them apologize" culture, it's not like he's running for government or nominated for the Supreme Court, but saying you don't want to apologize for it because you have before...maybe do it again? Yes they "win" if that's your mindset but if you've changed, doubling down on the change takes as much time as saying nah I'm not going to this time.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this was really an unaided fumble on his part. All he had to do was give a genuine apology to the obviously homophobic tweets and literally just about everyone would have moved on. You could tell the Oscars really wanted to get past this and were going to stand by him with a clear apology. Yet, he decides to downplay his bigotry and attack other people for calling him out on his BS. He probably just cost himself a lot more than just this Oscar gig from his response to this as well.

He needs the best PR person he can find on the phone ASAP. He'll need them.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If James Gunn was tanked for what happened to him, Kevin Hart should be keeping his eye open