• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, this isn't a new tweet. I personally can't stand these people who seemingly make money/articles quoting old ass tweets like this. That said, all it does is reaffirm that some of these people are dicks. They were several years ago, and they are in the present. Honestly glad he did not try to defend it either. We know damn well those "I was a different person back then" PR spins by damn adults talking about stuff they said a year or more ago, are the same people they are today.

I'd rather a person be real and tank their career with no apology than, drop a fake one and expect me to believe it.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, this isn't a new tweet. I personally can't stand these people who seemingly make money/articles quoting old ass tweets like this. That said, all it does is reaffirm that some of these people are dicks. They were several years ago, and they are in the present. Honestly glad he did not try to defend it either. We know damn well those "I was a different person back then" PR spins by damn adults talking about stuff they said a year or more ago, are the same people they are today.

I'd rather a person be real and tank their career with no apology than, drop a fake one and expect me to believe it.

Amazingly he did both LMAO

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Replace him with Hannah Gadsby, you cowards.

photofunky.gif

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
"Hey, that bus is going to hit you, get out of the road."
"I don't need to get out of the road! People understand that I don't want to get hit by that bus without me having to move!"

Rose Red

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine hating a random group of people for no reason so much you'd rather give up Oscars than apologize to them.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Dudes trash and always has been. Glad hes not hosting anymore (though Kimmel inevitably coming back gonna be boring af too)

Pretty insane how this idiot refused to apologize tho. I didnt see it coming since I always thought he was so self-preservating

He chooses THIS as the hill to stand on. Yikes

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Watching the Oscars has been a lifelong tradition for me, so I'm mostly just thrilled I'll get to do that while also continuing to ignore the existence of this unfunny, grating jackass.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Smart move by kevin for stepping down really

How so? Seems like a total unforced error to me. Smart for his appeal to conservative audiences, maybe, but dumb for the opportunities it could close off. Then again he's likely rich enough that it doesn't matter.

Imagine hating a random group of people for no reason so much you'd rather give up Oscars than apologize to them.

Well, he did apologize, but the whole thing could have been avoided if he had disavowed his shitty jokes ages ago.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Good riddance. Im still amazed though that he somehow remained popular enough to get movies and hosting gigs.

Sherman

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
User Banned (permanent): dismissing prejudice across multiple topics, history of similar behavior, junior phase account
Why are people so convinced that this is actually homophobia, rather than offensive jokes from like eight years ago? And from a fucking stand-up skit as well? This whole "cancel culture" is getting ridiculous now. How do people keep falling for this?

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Jamie Lee Curtis called him out, love her. I as a gay man i was willing to let this go initially as I thought it was just some old joke thing, probably could find similar with most comedians.. but he dug in, when a simple apology would of been suffice. I don't think, however, he necessarily hates gay people or anyone else and I worry if the alt right might of been digging up stuff to fuel the outrage cause they wanted to take him down cause he's black.

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
I was reminded what an annoying fuck he is after recently watching him be an obnoxious little shit on Fallon when Robert Iwrin was on. Him and Fallon acting like morons trying to one up each other in attention whoring instead of just holding the fucking animal or politely declining made me want to kick Kevin in the head.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly shocked celebrities haven't started a mass twitter deletion at this point.
You know, not everybody was a homophobic piece of shit in the distant, savage dark ages of mid 2000s-2010s. The drive for better, more equal, less bigoted treatment of minorities has been a thing for decades. Some people just weren't the kind who'd shit on minorities (or anyone) for jokes because that's just not who they are about as people. Some people just are nicer that way.

Someone who told homophobic "jokes" around 2005-2010 can't bring up some kind of "it was a different time" card into this argument. Gay rights and thrive for some level of thoughtfulness when approaching the topic of oppressed minorities were already a highly visible thing at that point. They need to admit they had drunk the gay hatorade and were homophobic idiots then, apologize and show that they have changed through actions going forward.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
About time this dude got called out for his shit. He's been an asshole for so long and people just let it slide because they find him funny.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
My journey since the news broke he would be hosting...

Hey Kevin Hart is hosting Oscars, cool.

Wtf at those tweets!? He needs to apologise and he still may get dropped. That sucks.

Wtf was that Instagram shit?
Jeaus christ dude.

Stepped down and apologize.
Sheesh... Too late dude but better late than never. Bye.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Dudes trash and always has been. Glad hes not hosting anymore (though Kimmel inevitably coming back gonna be boring af too)

Pretty insane how this idiot refused to apologize tho. I didnt see it coming since I always thought he was so self-preservating

He chooses THIS as the hill to stand on. Yikes
it's been known that he is extremely homophobic for years so I'm not suprised.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thought my eyes were playing tricks on me when I saw the "declines" part... breh

Baneros

Aug 22, 2018
Don't these people have their own publicist or something? Jeez.
I was wondering about that, how is it possible to handle a situation this badly in 2018? He could've even just lied.
"I apologize to the lgbt-community for the offensive remarks I made in my past, I have a grown as a person and do not hold those beliefs anymore. I hope you can forgive me so we can move forward together."
Done. Keep the job, whole thing would blow over.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wait

So Kevin Hart was offered a chance to apologize. A request from the Oscar people. "Apologize about your old comments."

And he declined.

Wow. Atleast he's honest? I guess? About his bigotry? Most people would lie and pretend to apologize whilst still holding the views to host the Oscars.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like OP should be updated, there are people coming in who still don't know he issued an apology, whether it's geniune or not is another question though obviously

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are people so convinced that this is actually homophobia, rather than offensive jokes from like eight years ago? And from a fucking stand-up skit as well? This whole "cancel culture" is getting ridiculous now. How do people keep falling for this?
This is not homophobic to you?
"Yo if my son comes home & try's 2 play with my daughters doll house I'm going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice 'stop that's gay,'

Cancel culture is ridiculous though. Really wish he had just apologized and everyone moved on.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Good riddance. Surely they can find some other comedian to make jokes about how short he is.

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
I was happy with how he dealt with it until I came here for the full story.

If he continued his comments and is being insincere about changing, screw him. I don't understand declining to apologize. There were a number of tweets that were just infantile BS. If he's truly changing for the better, why not just publicly say you were wrong and move on? Bad look. Not sure how much it'll hurt him overall since I don't think he's really the face of much that would seriously clash with this.

On the "fear" of having a gay child, I don't think that's a crazy idea. Ultimately it almost always comes from a place of homophobia (his comment seem to suggest it), but wanting your kid's life to be easier in some way isn't crazy. There's some undeniable additional baggage that comes with it.

Are there more recent comments?

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
LOL. Boy things escalated quickly while I was sleeping. Double, triple, now quadrupling down in his Instagram video. Fucking unreal.

Anybody who thinks he stepped down or issued a genuine apology is a fool. He was dropped the moment he released that trashcan of a video response. No doubt somebody sobered him up with that forced ass apology.
This is not homophobic to you?

Cancel culture is ridiculous though. Really wish he had just apologized and everyone moved on.
He cancelled himself.

Slacka

Oct 27, 2017
Gervais would make it fun. I doubt the Academy would appreciate being roasted all night long though.

I doubt announcing him as host would go any better given the transphobic material that he has used both in the past, and as recently as this year in that Netflix special he did.

He also had a pretty bad rep for constantly using derogatory disablist slurs and being utterly unapologetic about it at the time back around the same time as Kevin Hart was being homophobic, so I imagine that would all come back up again too.