• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Time for another 3 mins in the next comedians in cars getting coffee in which Seinfeld complains unprompted about polítical correctness

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Surfaced?? Thats from his stand up and all over youtube for years with millions of views... wtf surfaced..

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
LOL. Boy things escalated quickly while I was sleeping. Double, triple, now quadrupling down in his Instagram video. Fucking unreal.

Anybody who thinks he stepped down or issued a genuine apology is a fool. He was dropped the moment he released that trashcan of a video response. No doubt somebody sobered him up with that forced ass apology.
I'm mad he wants to feed the "champions of free speech". Why put in so much effort? The apology would have taken less.

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was happy with how he dealt with it until I came here for the full story.

If he continued his comments and is being insincere about changing, screw him. I don't understand declining to apologize. There were a number of tweets that were just infantile BS. If he's truly changing for the better, why not just publicly say you were wrong and move on? Bad look. Not sure how much it'll hurt him overall since I don't think he's really the face of much that would seriously clash with this.

On the "fear" of having a gay child, I don't think that's a crazy idea. Ultimately it almost always comes from a place of homophobia (his comment seem to suggest it), but wanting your kid's life to be easier in some way isn't crazy. There's some undeniable additional baggage that comes with it.

Are there more recent comments?
Yeah no it's definitely homophobia and it is crazy to have that belief about your kid.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people so convinced that this is actually homophobia, rather than offensive jokes from like eight years ago? And from a fucking stand-up skit as well? This whole "cancel culture" is getting ridiculous now. How do people keep falling for this?
He literally said he *fears* his son being gay. A fear of homosexuality is as literal textbook homophobia as it gets! What the hell is actual homophobia if not this?

On the "fear" of having a gay child, I don't think that's a crazy idea. Ultimately it almost always comes from a place of homophobia (his comment seem to suggest it), but wanting your kid's life to be easier in some way isn't crazy. There's some undeniable additional baggage that comes with it.

lol come on, you really think it's more believable that the only reason Kevin Hart is afraid of his son being gay is because of all the discrimination he'd have to face from other people?

lordg

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good bye, don't need ya. I still won't be watching the Oscars and never will.

Last edited:

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I hope I understand all the nuance to this: Basically if he just apologized when the academy asked him to and didn't take the "blame the person that dug the tweets up" approach, he would be fine and still hosting the Oscars, right?

Alpende

Oct 26, 2017
You know, I think this is one of those situations where it might be that if he apologized, people wouldn't call it sincere. Now he doesn't apologize and people think it's bad. I wonder what the reactions would be if he did apologize and chose to host the Oscars. Maybe it would have been better if he did apologize and not host?

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I think this is one of those situations where it might be that if he apologized, people wouldn't call it sincere. Now he doesn't apologize and people think it's bad. I wonder what the reactions would be if he did apologize and chose to host the Oscars. Maybe it would have been better if he did apologize and not host?
I think it would all hang in the balance of if his apology is an apology for what he said versus "I'm sorry I got caught". In a way he did the latter but without the apology part until later.

SharkJAW

Oct 28, 2017
I hope I understand all the nuance to this: Basically if he just apologized when the academy asked him to and didn't take the "blame the person that dug the tweets up" approach, he would be fine and still hosting the Oscars, right?
I personally believe it would depend on how authentic or sincere the public considered the apology to be, along with whether the apology was considered "enough". I wouldn't say an apology guaranteed his spot. This is not to say he should have foregone an apology, though.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017

Honestly, why would anyone accept a forced apology? "They told me to say I'm sorry, so...I'm sorry. Now I get to collect that paycheck." No one is going to feel better.

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mmmm not really. Had his response been an apology in 2015, would have been fine. Even if his first response yesterday on Instagram was an apology, would have been fine. Instead he doubled the fuck down until 9:15pm when he apologized and stepped down from hosting after realizing he fucked up.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
every celebrity just needs to use tweetdeleter and delete every tweet from 2008 till 2015, you'll love some good ones, but in the age of LETS DIG UP THE TWEETS, you gotta do it and you gotta get removed from the wayback machine,

Most should probably take the Childish Gambino approach and delete their account. They really don't need it in reality.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, why would anyone accept a forced apology? "They told me to say I'm sorry, so...I'm sorry. Now I get to collect that paycheck." No one is going to feel better.
That makes sense, but maybe this is a dumb question: when should he have apologized? He claimed he did in the past, but should he have just done it here as soon as people started talking about it? Would it just be effectively a forced apology because people found out about it?

SharkJAW

Oct 28, 2017
That makes sense, but maybe this is a dumb question: when should he have apologized? He claimed he did in the past, but should he have just done it here as soon as people started talking about it? Would it just be effectively a forced apology because people found out about it?
I think after being removed from hosting would be, unfortunately for him. That might lend itself to be considered less "forced" by some, as he has already lost what was at stake in this instance.

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He didn't do it in the past, and that's when he should have done it. He had a chance in 2015 with Rolling Stone and squandered it.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
All he had to do was apologize and say that he has changed and feels embarrassed by his old tweets.

Literally all he had to do.

I can't remember the last time I have seen such a self inflicted wound. The epitome of toxic masculinity.
Exactly. I don't know if he has addressed his past actions but if he is truthful in that then what was so hard in just apologizing again. Did he really think he'd look good in any way by not simply apologizing.

Feels like another example of someone needing to stay off Twitter. How do you say you aren't apologizing because you've talked about in the past then apologizing after you been booted.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
A gritted teeth apology, that places the cupability on gay people. Because "No Fun Allowed".

It's always the same thing. Demanding to be treated like humans is somehow an affront to the lives of others, and we must be made to feel bad for "ruining" things.

I have to laugh. This grown ass man has profited from calling us f*ggots and making jokes at our expense, even as news of us committing suicide or dying because of homophobia kept surfacing. But he's the victim in all of this.

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly. I don't know if he has addressed his past actions but if he is truthful in that then what was so hard in just apologizing again. Did he really think he'd look good in any way by not simply apologizing.

Feels like another example of someone needing to stay off Twitter. How do you say you aren't apologizing because you've talked about in the past then apologizing after you been booted.
If i extend him the most amount of charity that i comfortably can, assuming he actually addressed these things in the past like he says, he probably saw the initial backlash as some kind of twitter/internet campaign to fuck up his gig at the oscars given the timing and as such didn't want to give into the "haters"

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I was happy with how he dealt with it until I came here for the full story.

If he continued his comments and is being insincere about changing, screw him. I don't understand declining to apologize. There were a number of tweets that were just infantile BS. If he's truly changing for the better, why not just publicly say you were wrong and move on? Bad look. Not sure how much it'll hurt him overall since I don't think he's really the face of much that would seriously clash with this.

Are there more recent comments?
It's ok to be worried about a child's problems & hardships in life if he/she turns out to be gay. It's not ok to say "I hope my child isn't gay and if he/she does anything gay ever, I'm gonna *insert exaggeratingly violent action of breaking the "gay" toy in half by bashing him/her with it on the head*" That's messed up as all fucks to say. Like, let's imagine Kevin Hart's boy does turn out to be gay and he finds what his father has said before he comes out. Not really an encouraging "It's totally ok to be gay, and this is a parent to whom I feel comfortable coming out to" kind of thing to hear your own father say.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
As a father I understand being concerned for your son with the way society treats gay people and probably another reason. I agree the way he said it is hurtful. A simple clarification "I hope he isn't gay but if he is I will accept and support him" isn't a crazy thing for a parent to say.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
As a father I understand being concerned for your son with the way society treats gay people and probably another reason. I agree the way he said it is hurtful. A simple clarification "I hope he isn't gay but if he is I will accept and support him" isn't a crazy thing for a parent to say.
Nah, "I hope my son isn't gay" is a pretty shitty thing to say.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

But he clearly doesn't mean that, considering he also said if he saw his son playing with his sister's dollhouse he's break it to stop him from turning gay.

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He could just have said "I hope my son is straight" then. My point is that concern doesn't necessarily come from a place of homophobia.. though in his case and how he said it it does seem so.
It mostly always does come from a place of homophobia, though. Normal parents don't have a need to make that comment.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
"I hope he isn't gay" is a phrase no parent should publicly utter about their son ever. People underestimate the life-ruining shame and anxiety a parent can cause by offering anything less than unhesitating acceptance.

Hot tip #1 for not screwing up your kid is to let them grow into their identity in their formative years without being a judgmental prat who stifles them with your petty insecurities.

Sometimes it's better to shut the hell up and make sure you're there if they need you.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
This feels like a massive missed opportunity.
Walking away and doubling down isn't making him a martyr.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
"I hope he isn't gay" is a phrase no parent should publicly utter about their son ever. People underestimate the life-ruining shame and anxiety a parent can cause by offering anything less than unhesitating acceptance.

Hot tip #1 for not screwing up your kid is to let them grow into their identity in their formative years without being a judgmental prat who stifles them with your petty insecurities.

Sometimes it's better to shut the hell up and make sure you're there if they need you.
Unfortunately it's a very common sentiment among most people I have ever discussed it with. "I'll love them OF COURSE! but I really hope they aren't gay".

I had that conversation with my Sister not that long ago. I was like, your kid is how he/she is. You should be hoping for their happiness above all else. But, as long as people continue to see gay as abnormal, they'll continue to hope against it. We have a long ways to go and people like Hart are not helping.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
He's obviously not concerned about how his son, if gay, would be treated by society. It's his own personal aversion to homosexuality.

I'm more so shocked that people thought he was going to deliver an apology for something he clearly still believes. People are calling for his head when it's just baffling that we would expect for him to apologize for something in which he doesn't feel sorry for. He's a complete dolt.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know Hart was even hosting the Oscars and only found out when he had to leave yesterday and it was popping hot on Twitter. Seems like another classic case of someone being totally incapable of sincere apology and self-reflection and blowing themselves up. These tweets I'm seeing are pretty much indefensible but he could have weathered it if we was really sorry and not doubling down or going with "I'm sorry I offended" bullshit. Seems that wasn't the case. A shame.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
He could just have said "I hope my son is straight" then. My point is that concern doesn't necessarily come from a place of homophobia.. though in his case and how he said it it does seem so.
That means the same thing. It's no better. Like, personally, the only thing I HOPE for a child is for them to have as happy & healthy a life as possible. Being gay isn't an obstacle for that, especially in a supportive environment, even with the additional hardships gay people can go through due to bigotry against them. If my child was gay, I'd worry about the homophobia they might face but not to the point that I hoped anything one way or the other in relation to their sexual orientation. They come as they are, I just hope their genes don't fuck them up in other ways (like, some seriously debilitating disease at a young age) & that I raise them well enough that they have at least half-decent readiness to take on life's challenges.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
That means the same thing. It's no better. Like, personally, the only thing I HOPE for a child is for them to have as happy & healthy a life as possible. Being gay isn't an obstacle for that, especially in a supportive environment, even with the additional hardships gay people can go through due to bigotry against them.

I mean.. in a perfect environment it's not an obstacle and shouldn't be anyway. But right now depending on the place and people, hell yeah it absolutely can be an obstacle to being happy and healthy. In some places even safety is something you'll have to worry about.

But I guess before we go too far off.. I did see the other tweets from Kevin and it's coming from hate rather than concern for safety/bullying a parent has for their child.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I mean.. in a perfect environment it's not an obstacle and shouldn't be anyway. But right now depending on the place and people, hell yeah it absolutely can be an obstacle to being happy and healthy. In some places even safety is something you'll have to worry about.

But I guess before we go too far off.. I did see the other tweets from Kevin and it's coming from hate rather than concern for safety/bullying a parent has for their child.
Ok sure, there is an argument to be made that some parents worry that their kid will face severe discrimination for being gay and will ultimately be unhappy. But, from my experience, it's more about what the parent wants, they want a "normal" kid that was just like they were, that will meet a girl or boy and have babies. It's about the parents putting what they want, first.

Last edited: