• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Being born gay is "normal" btw. We aren't abnormal, and any hardships we face for being born gay are because fucks like this guy treat it as abnormal. So stop using that as an excuse for him.
Its alarming to see how many posts agree with his sentiment 'as a parent wanting whats best' or whatever. I'm sure none of them ever experienced what it might feel like to come out to a parent.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I get what you're saying but I mean in his comedic way Kevin Hart is not exactly wrong. Come on...I feel like reality is that if most parents had a preference they probably wouldn't want their child to be gay. Not because it's wrong or not "normal" but you're almost guaranteed to face some sort of hardship or discrimination growing up which can definitely be overcome. But it's also true that most parents wouldn't be capable or have the capacity to help their child overcome these hurdles. Some parents just want smooth sailing. We all know how bad some of these parents are in "normal" situations
No.

People who feel this way aren't fit to be parents. Period.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I get what you're saying but I mean in his comedic way Kevin Hart is not exactly wrong. Come on...I feel like reality is that if most parents had a preference they probably wouldn't want their child to be gay. Not because it's wrong or not "normal" but you're almost guaranteed to face some sort of hardship or discrimination growing up which can definitely be overcome. But it's also true that most parents wouldn't be capable or have the capacity to help their child overcome these hurdles. Some parents just want smooth sailing. We all know how bad some of these parents are in "normal" situations
There is no comedy in his words. He literally said he'd beat his child with a dollhouse if he found him playing with one and be all "that's gay, don't do that." Where in the fucking hell is the humour in that?

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw his Instagram video addressing why he isn't apologizing, I mean if he address it before and it's something he said in 2010 I'm with him his in a different mindset from when he said it. Sucks he stepped down for the Oscar was only going to watch it cause of him Ima pass now.

If it was me I would say just apologize cause people will come after him more, now, but I can also understand why he doesn't want to cause he said he already address the issue before and many times according to him.
Maybe read his comments "addressing the issue" before you take his homophobe ass comments as gospel. His "apology" was shit, if you can even call it that. He said he stopped his gay jokes because the potential controversy they'd cause, not because he thinks they are wrong.

He was so widely, openly homophobic for a long ass time that it warrants a repeat apology now that his shit has resurfaced (if you can call anything he has said before as an actual apology). If he was truly empathetic to gay people, it shouldn't matter if he has apologized before. His words live on, so occasionally the need for an apology might rise and he should apologize without hesitation.

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting turn, need to do through all the Twitter stuff still. But was surprised at the initial thing because this standup routine is on Netflix. Not exactly hidden. Also not quoted in full on the tweets. Not to say it's great in full but pretty sure the next part is him saying he is also afraid of having a daughter because he doesn't want anyone fucking his kids. I guess that could be thinly veiled homophobia but it never struck that way to me. Can't really comment on the rest of this since it blew up but it definitely sounds pretty dumb on his part. "Free speech" is a crazy way to take this is that's what actually happened

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
He said he stopped his gay jokes because the potential controversy they'd cause, not because he thinks they are wrong.

To be fair everyone is doing things like this and keep their joke in a private circle... In the other hand, he should be fired from the oscar because he refused to apologize properly.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I only want white male hetero cis children because society!

You can drop the white part considering the shit show that is the gender imbalance in China and the rape issues in India. A lot of the world has a stronger preference for boys that isn't healthy for society in general and has led to some very serious issues.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this really went to 100 real quick. Fair play to him for not apologising at the Oscars' demand. Seems he apologised anyway after stepping down.

While in this case it wasn't hard to find the material, I do think people spend to much time digging up other people's past. It should almost be a rule to delete your social media history, even if you're 95% sure you said something that wouldn't fly in 2018.

Deleted member 50454

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Damn, this really went to 100 real quick. Fair play to him for not apologising at the Oscars' demand. Seems he apologised anyway after stepping down.

While in this case it wasn't hard to find the material, I do think people spend to much time digging up other people's past. It should almost be a rule to delete your social media history, even if you're 95% sure you said something that wouldn't fly in 2018.

He didn't apologise.

He was a homophobe in 2010 and he's a homophobe in 2018.

He's a homophobe.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
No, no! Dig UP, stupid!

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...-upbeat-during-stand-up-after-oscars-scandal/

Kevin Hart Tells Crowd to 'Always Embrace Your Flaws and F—k Ups' at Comedy Show After Oscars Scandal

The show must go on. Kevin Hart performed stand-up in Sydney, Australia, hours after he stepped down from hosting the 2019 Oscars amid his homophobic Twitter controversy.

"Kevin came on late but kept to his script. He seemed to be touched by the hugely enthusiastic response from the audience," a source tells Us Weekly exclusively. "At one point during his act, when he was discussing his cheating scandal, he said, 'Always embrace your flaws and f—k ups.' He repeated it a couple of times." (Hart previously admitted to cheating on his wife, Eniko Parrish, in December 2017.)

Hart also tweeted a Martin Luther King Jr. quote on Friday: "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

That's right! Embrace your inner adulterous, homophobic, moronic self!

Girl, bye.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
No.

People who feel this way aren't fit to be parents. Period.

Parents who would PREFER their children not face percecution and have an easier time through life aren't fit to be parents now? WTF? I've spent most of my adult life making moves specifically so my kids would have an easier life than me, didn't know that made me unfit to have them.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Parents who would PREFER their children not face percecution and have an easier time through life aren't fit to be parents now? WTF? I've spent most of my adult life making moves specifically so my kids would have an easier life than me, didn't know that made me unfit to have them.

You know damn well that's not what he was saying.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Look at the way it was done, if you can't see how it's different from 'protecting' their kid and 'beating them for being who they are'... I can only assume you're being intentionally obtuse.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
You know damn well that's not what he was saying.

He quoted someone who said a lot of parents wouldn't want their kids to be gay or trans due to how society would treat them, they want their kids to have an easier life, and the poster said those people are unfit to be parents.

How does wanting your kids to have an easier life make you unfit to be a parent? He didn't say he wouldn't support them if they were gay.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
He quoted someone who said a lot of parents wouldn't want their kids to be gay or trans due to how society would treat them, they want their kids to have an easier life, and the poster said those people are unfit to be parents.

How does wanting your kids to have an easier life make you unfit to be a parent? He didn't say he wouldn't support them if they were gay.

Yeah, it's called damage control. His original statements amounted to nothing but 'no son of mine is going to be a pansy.' Tired, toxic masculinity bullshit.

You're either being really naive or disingenuous.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Yeah, it's called damage control. His original statements amounted to nothing but 'no son of mine is going to be a pansy.' Tired, toxic masculinity bullshit.

You're either being really naive or disingenuous.

Well I only saw that quote I mentioned and the response. That didn't seem harmful on its own. If there are other posts he made about threats, beatings, or violence then I can't speak to that as I didn't see them.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Btw forgiveness is worthless if we "need to give it"

That's what was so badass about how Gunn reacted, he never said you need to forigve me, he never demanded forgiveness.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
What difference does any of that make? Regardless of a person's internal feelings of concern, there is not a situation where a parent saying something like that out loud to their child would make them a good parent. There is no way to know if your child will be gay therefore potentially harming them like that is worse than any judgment they may face from strangers.