• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rowlf

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
As mentioned in my previous post, all community |OT|s are to be posted in Hangouts. However, if you are making an official thread for a new movie, new show or something similar, feel free to post it here, and we'll move it after the first couple of weeks if appropriate.

As always, feel free to PM a moderator if you have any questions.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for the clarification - was unclear to me where to look for OTs for new things like Odyssey.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
OK. So I'm free to make an Inhumans OT and drag some poor souls into that hell with me? Great!

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I was going to post my Hot Ones OT again here. It was a relatively new OT and didn't have much of an established community so I think having it in EtcetEra would be better than Hangouts for the time being. It was in OT and not Community at the old site. Maybe it can be moved after a couple weeks. Is that OK?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to post my Hot Ones OT again here. It was a relatively new OT and didn't have much of an established community so I think having it in EtcetEra would be better than Hangouts for the time being. It was in OT and not Community at the old site. Maybe it can be moved after a couple weeks. Is that OK?

I would say yes, post it here for exposure. Threads made to hangouts are the well established communities at this stage.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
What about threads for stuff that isn't new, but is more of an idea that could spawn an OT community but hasn't?

For example I'd love a Prog Rock hangout, but it was never really a big thread at our old forum and I'm not sure it even ever got moved to the OT or had a community. It was just one thread bumped once in a while that people had subscriptions to.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for clarifying that! I like having the new stuff readily available in the main board.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Please make the move be after 1 month please :x
Otherwise time to work on blue planet 2 ot

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like that they have all been put in there to start with, instead of being a section of the site where OTs go to die because no one goes in there unless for a specific topic, we have a section where everyone goes to find all the OTs together.

But I get it, it's a system that worked, at least it's always right there more obvious at the top of the page now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rowlf

Rowlf

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
As long as your show does a new OT each season, it goes in EtcetEra to begin with. If show does just 1 thread for the entire life of the show, then it stays in Hangouts.

MtG releases can be treated as a "new" season.

OP
OP
Rowlf

Rowlf

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
where do unofficial threads go
You toss them in the air and let the wind carry them wherever.

NervousHappygoluckyIndianhare-small.gif

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
As mentioned in my previous post, all community |OT|s are to be posted in Hangouts. However, if you are making an official thread for a new movie, new show or something similar, feel free to post it here, and we'll move it after the first couple of weeks if appropriate.

As always, feel free to PM a moderator if you have any questions.
Will Ots for Next month be able to go back in general offtopic?

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Made a Bad Movies OT for those so bad, they're good type movies. There'll be a streaming of "The Gingerdead Man" on Sunday night, come and join us!

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Not that I've done any OT's, but curious as what the policy is on copying "old" OT's to the new site. As in, those that created those OT's are free to 1-to-1 copy their old ones?

OP
OP
Rowlf

Rowlf

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Not that I've done any OT's, but curious as what the policy is on copying "old" OT's to the new site. As in, those that created those OT's are free to 1-to-1 copy their old ones?
Yes, as long as they were the ones who created the OT. As of now, NeoGAF retains a non-exclusive right to any content posted on their site (which we do as well), so the content creator is free to repost their OT here.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not to call out threads, but things like the Coffee OT and the Saving for Retirement OT should be in Hangouts, right? How about the Board/Card Games OT (if and when it migrates), given that it rolls up discussion of new board/card games that don't have sufficient support for their own threads?

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Can we get a pin of all the OT threads in hangout? Maybe alphabetically, so if we want to find a Gardening thread or a Vice thread or a NPR thread, etc. I was searching for a thread on a game (dig or die), but the search told me all the words were too common, even with "s.

OP
OP
Rowlf

Rowlf

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Can we get a pin of all the OT threads in hangout? Maybe alphabetically, so if we want to find a Gardening thread or a Vice thread or a NPR thread, etc. I was searching for a thread on a game (dig or die), but the search told me all the words were too common, even with "s.
Pet, a community directory sorted by topic is already on my to-do list.

JSR_Cube

Oct 27, 2017
Ya, I think the board/card games OT was a pretty good thread in the old board. I'd love to see it back again.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Rowlf, for a new season of a previously airing show...which started its season last month but might not get many eyeballs in Hangouts .... is it ok to post it in Etc first? I'm referring to This is Us.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
For Next month Ots for threads that change every month, do you still want us to post in the hangout. FilmEra

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Is there someone who would be willing to make a Podcasting OT maybe More_Badass ? I have to wait 60 days to be able to do that. I could help compile info for it.

OP
OP
Rowlf

Rowlf

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Rowlf, for a new season of a previously airing show...which started its season last month but might not get many eyeballs in Hangouts .... is it ok to post it in Etc first? I'm referring to This is Us.
Yes. If you do a yearly thread for your show, feel free to start it out in Etc.
For Next month Ots for threads that change every month, do you still want us to post in the hangout. FilmEra
Yes, please.