• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

It's amazing how far Mr. Sakurai and his team went above and beyond to make this happen. And it all started last year when the first look of Ultimate took over half of the Direct (following the hype-fueled teaser featuring Splatoon's Inkling a few months before).

Now look at where we are...

We have a staggering roster of ALL previous Smash characters, with new characters with a few we (most of us) never expected: original or Echo. And it's still counting with two more characters yet to be revealed.

A huge Adventure Mode.

We have a whole line of stages, with Stage Builder returning. Though some faves were absent.

New Replay and Video editing.

And the Smash Community even bigger than before.

This truly is ULTIMATE!

How do you feel about all this, ERA? Obviously there are some things I missed.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Well they aren't wrong, everyone is there for sure. I have traditionally not been a Smash person outside of Melee, but I enjoyed my time with Ultimate and will go back to it once some of the DLC characters come out. I just have too much to play to really put a lot of time into it. Great game though.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
With the reveal of Banjo-Kazooie in Ultimate, it's not only my favorite Smash game, but my favorite video game of all time.

I was overall disappointed with Smash 4, but Sakurai and the Smash team have more than made up for that with Ultimate.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
On this day last year...

tenor.gif

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It's not my favorite game of all time, but it's certainly the most ultimate. The amount of pure hype and volume blows away any other head to head action game I can think of. And the roster is a miraculous series of impossibilities pulled off in a seemingly effortless manner.