• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1617916038720679940?t=ZYVuvLQKwhXq4v7W2RaNfQ&s=19

Initially i thought that this was a joke or parody but nope, this is real. In another episode of "How could anyone thought this was a good idea" i present to your appreciation the mutalk microphone:

View: https://youtu.be/XkZTmcX-hoY

mutalk" is a soundproof Bluetooth microphone that makes it difficult for others to hear your voice and at the same time, makes it difficult for ambient noise to enter the microphone.

Conducting a conference call in a quiet office or open space such as a cafe can cause annoyance to those around you and may lead to information leakage. Also, when you are doing voice chat in the Metaverse or online games, you often end up shouting when things get heated up, but even in such situations, you do not want to disturb your family or neighbors.
Soundproof boxes are one way to do this, but there are price and space challenges. The soundproof Bluetooth microphone "mutalk" is an inexpensive and space-saving solution to this problem.

It is easy to use. Simply place "mutalk" on your desk with your mouth facing up to automatically mute the microphone, and lift it up to instantly unmute it.
"mutalk" also has an earphone jack, so it can be used with smartphones as well. The included band can be used to secure the device to the face. This allows for hands-free conversation even when both hands are full.

The future is here ladies and gentlemen and it's more kinky than I thought it would be.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
1673638266045.png

The future is now

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
this will take my sexting game to a whole new level now i can be mouthboned from anywhere on the planet

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
It looks absolutely stupid and I'll never buy one, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't use it if somebody bought it for me. I've not got a great mic in general, mainly because there are too many other people around my house that it would either pick up or that I'd rather them not hear me when I'm talking online.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good to me? They could have made the shape prettier IMO but other than that it's fine and it's useful.

Also what's with the clickbait title?

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Now you can have heated gamer moments without anyone else in the house hearing that you are a terrible human being!

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
if it works i'm sure it'll be useful for lots of people who are stuck in noisy environments, or people who love to come in all the time

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
This... actually isn't a bad idea.

Putting the design aside for a moment, the concept is solid and the price is reasonable for a first-gen device.

With better aesthetics, I could see a market for this.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Does it look stupid. Absolutely. About as ridiculous as a VR headset looks - hence the picture of them both is so hilarious. Which makes me think that if it does what it says it does, I absolutely think there'll be a market for it.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
What if you get motion sickness in VR and feel a bit... queasy?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i guess this is a stop gap until mics can pickup the vibrations in your throat from when your thinking inside your head

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
The design could be better, but a $200 microphone that doesn't capture ambient noise sounds good to me. No more hearing folks' laptop fans going into overdrive / air conditioners / leaf blowers outside / etc.

Xelan

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
i'd actually be interested in something like this since i have a roommate and would like to talk over games without bothering them. still looks dumb tho