• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
This will be a character in Death Stranding 2

Facemask Man?

I love how it is photoshopped onto each one.

Lol, I didn't even notice this first time! Good grief it looks so bad.

This... actually isn't a bad idea.

Putting the design aside for a moment, the concept is solid and the price is reasonable for a first-gen device.

With better aesthetics, I could see a market for this.

Agreed; it's just a shame that all designs seem to be terrible. I think something like a full face mask would look better and be less embarrassing, although then you'd need ventilation to prevent the view getting steamed up so maybe that complicates things too much.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The last thing we need in the world is a BDSM toy for little Timmy to wear when he wants to call people slurs on Fortnite when Mom's in earshot.

Yorker14

Apr 27, 2022
Sydney, Australia
1673638266045.png

The future is now
Don't forgot, you'll need to add headphones to that as well to justify this product's existence.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So ridiculous, what on Earth were they thinking? Even the YT vid looks like a skit

EduBRK

Oct 30, 2017
Brazil
The IDEA is not bad, I speak loudly and my partner has super human hearing, I just do not use mics at night since I got married.

But the design... needs work.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
Let's be honest. Those would be the last people who'd bother.
Yeah, and that's why this will go into niche'ness forever or just bomb. The people who should actually be using it wont, and those who are self aware enough to not be super loud would just spend the time googling for 5 minutes to adjust their mics so they can speak quieter and still be audible.

As for external noise suppression RTX voice has this covered. And discords Krisp has definitely gotten better too.

Like, I could see a use for this since I would like to get rowdy in voice chat sometimes for VR skits, but I dont, because I have neighbors, but I'm not gonna wear this thing on my face and pay $200. I'd rather just miss out on that rowdyness and not do those bits. Oh well, I'll just wait until I don't have neighbors.

Could also just pend $200 on soundproofing supplies too for a room :P

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
i guess this is a stop gap until mics can pickup the vibrations in your throat from when your thinking inside your head
IIRC throat mics are already a thing (they look almost like two stethoscope heads that press against your throat) but I have no idea how good the quality is. You'd only really have to whisper for them to detect your speech.

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
LMAO

I really wonder how team meetings for the development of this product goes.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I need this shit like right now because I'm losing my shit at work and I'm trying to keep it down, lmao.