• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You are going to either way most likely. You do you though.

350.png

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Phone bank, talk to online friends who live in other states, talk to relatives. Fuck dude I don't know figure out what you can do and do it.

I'm not asking for advice. I'd support Bernie 100% over Trump. And I would never not do what I can in our current situation. There is just literally no way Bernie can sweep the rest of the primaries. And I'm not going to throw a tantrum like you guys and hand it to Trump again.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not asking for advice. I'd support Bernie 100% over Trump. And I would never not do what I can in our current situation. There is just literally no way Bernie can sweep the rest of the primaries. And I'm not going to throw a tantrum like you guys and hand it to Trump again.
Throw a tantrum is an interesting way of putting "I refuse to vote for a rapist"

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
We got motherfuckers dropping Foucault in this topic but any conversation of pragmatism is questioned as PoliSci nerd stuff. Hey, all, Judith Butler's theories of performative gender reveal a lot about the dynamics of ERA conversations but don't be bringing statistics into it; that's for nerds!

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Throw a tantrum is an interesting way of putting "I refuse to vote for a rapist"

You're voting for one either way. Especially if you're in a swing state. Glad you feel good about yourself though.

Sorry, if I'm ranking the options Trump is the only one to get a hard no. I'd rather not deal with this again.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obama having an identical twin who will magically swoop in and win 100% of the vote in the remaining states is more realistic than Bernie even coming within 10% of Biden in the final primary results.

There has been a lot of early voting in the remaining handful of states, Biden almost certainly built up insurmontable leads in early votes in the few remaining big states like Ohio.

If Biden was somehow forced off the ticket for ANY reason (death, illness, etc included) his delegates would rally around a candidate like him, a moderate, at the convention. This is why Cuomo has higher odds in Vegas than Bernie.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We got motherfuckers dropping Foucault in this topic but any conversation of pragmatism is questioned as PoliSci nerd stuff. Hey, all, Judith Butler's theories of performative gender reveal a lot about the dynamics of ERA conversations but don't be bringing statistics into it; that's for nerds!
Nerd

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Problem is ain't no one got time for """leftists"""" to unfuck themselves before the remaining infrastructure of government is smoldering ruins.

This supposed """Revolution""" was electoral vaporware in search of a voting constituency, while the rank and file just wants to not have to worry what their government was plotting last night while they slept.

But that's a wider critique of Sanderism and his outreach strategy, and not whether Biden is a good choice for POTUS he isn't

The rank and file can fuck off. We can be bigger than them, and overthrow them.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The rank and file can fuck off. We can be bigger than them, and overthrow them.
I mean, if that was the case would Biden have won and thus end up in this situation?

Bernie lost the primary, in a landslide. We don't have do-over button on elections.

However, there is always the chance the next Bernie can fix the mistakes of the Bernie campaigns of 16 and 20. AOC for example might be able to eventually.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look, all I'm saying is that we're going to fight for Bernie harder than ever now that things have gotten this fucking grim. We invite you to join us in our attempt to overcome the Democratic establishment and the media, both of whom are harboring and protecting a rapist, and help us elect Bernie Sanders so maybe we can feel good about our president again as opposed to succumbing to the "lesser of two evils" bullshit.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
If Biden was somehow forced off the ticket for ANY reason (death, illness, etc included) his delegates would rally around a candidate like him, a moderate, at the convention. This is why Cuomo has higher odds in Vegas than Bernie.
That seems contradictory to what you just said

If there are high odds on something, that means that the bookers consider it unlikely

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
well yeah i don't really know what to tell you
foucauldians think pragmatism is for nerds

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
so maybe we can feel good about our president again as opposed to succumbing to the "lesser of two evils" bullshit.

You lost me at the "maybe" here. Not good enough betting odds.

But you can think about how far your extra tall moral ladder got you when you're still asking the same question after Trump gets re-elected.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Sad to see Doomer mentality has taken hold of the party of Civil Rights.

Doomer mentality? I see a brighter future with anyone running right now that isn't Trump. With Trump? That future is pitch fucking black. You can't have Bernie so your're throwing your arms in the air using the excuse of moral superiority. Look in the mirror.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is all fucked. Everyone who said "But Hilary is the lesser of two evils" is about to get a crash course into that really means.

Either vote for a rapist, Dont vote against president shitbag, or vote for president shitbag. Hell of a fucking choice and I think we all need to have some understanding for each other as we make this choice. The democrat party needed to be united and once again an old white guy putting his hands on women threaten to unravel even more social progress.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doomer mentality? I see a brighter future with anyone running right now that isn't Trump. You can't have Bernie so your're throwing your arms in the air using the excuse of moral superiority. Look in the mirror.
You're getting pretty damn personal here so I'm gonna let you go. I'm glad you can find peace in your President who did some rape though.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
You're getting pretty damn personal here so I'm gonna let you go. I'm glad you can find peace in your President who did some rape though.

Find peace? A lot more than I can with Trump. So, that's a positive "glass half full" approach I'm employing here. Better than sitting there with your completely empty Bernie glass and throwing a fit over it.

And absolutely nothing personal here. I'd say the same to anyone who displays your mentality in this dire situation. But yeah, have a good night.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Find peace? A lot more than I can with Trump. So, that's a positive "glass half full" approach I'm employing here. Better than sitting there with your completely empty Bernie glass and throwing a fit over it.

And absolutely nothing personal here. I'd say the same to anyone who displays your mentality in this dire situation. But yeah, have a good night.
Take it eaz comrade

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
If the Dems lose, it won't be because of the people who couldn't bring themselves to vote for an alleged rapist. If the Dems lose, it will be because they decided to nominate, push, and stick with an alleged rapist.

The left is supposed to be the side that's not okay with this stuff but these last few years have really illuminated how far right a lot of the left is. America is a fucking sad country where citizens get to choose between rapey and deluxe rapey for President. Take a moment and think about how fucked that is before you start blaming others for a hypothetical Trump win.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If the Dems lose, it won't be because of the people who couldn't bring themselves to vote for an alleged rapist. If the Dems lose, it will be because they decided to nominate, push, and stick with an alleged rapist.

The left is supposed to be the side that's not okay with this stuff but these last few years have really illuminated how far right a lot of the left is. America is a fucking sad country where citizens get to choose between rapey and deluxe rapey for President. Take a moment and think about how fucked that is before you start blaming others for a hypothetical Trump win.

The sad part here is that I don't know who is who in the choices you've outlined.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
Your condescension has convinced me that you're right.
the fun trick is that when you take the tone away i actually am right on this one

this needs repeating, it doesn't have to be sanders but if this doesn't go away it has to be someone else

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies but why hasn't this taken off at major news networks? They'll flood the airwaves with "buttery emails" but won't shed light on what really matters?

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies but why hasn't this taken off at major news networks? They'll flood the airwaves with "buttery emails" but won't shed light on what really matters?
Good question. The media, including conservative media, are protecting Biden from this. My guess they see this as a possible Bernie bounce back story and both sides of the media would rather have Biden in the General

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Doomer mentality? I see a brighter future with anyone running right now that isn't Trump. With Trump? That future is pitch fucking black. You can't have Bernie so your're throwing your arms in the air using the excuse of moral superiority. Look in the mirror.

The topic was "Biden is a rapist. What do we do now" so uh your comment here seems kinda tone-deaf

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017

It's one of the three.

1) They're investigating instead of doing a knee-jerk which could, potentially, cost them bigly
2) Corona is just totally dominating
3) They already did investigate and all of them, including Fox News, came to a different conclusion than many here have

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Good question. The media, including conservative media, are protecting Biden from this. My guess they see this as a possible Bernie bounce back story and both sides of the media would rather have Biden in the General
They're probably waiting for Biden and/or DNC people to no comment and write shit up.

The conservative media has already jumped on it, the top results I just saw for "Biden sexual assult" are Reason, the National Review, The Federalist and News One. Not exactly unbiased news organizations.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're probably waiting for Biden and/or DNC people to no comment and write shit up.

The conservative media has already jumped on it, the top results I just saw for "Biden sexual assult" are Reason, the National Review, The Federalist and News One. Not exactly unbiased news organizations.
None of them are mainstream either. I honestly don't know what's going on right now.

If the media are waiting for Biden and the DNC to comment or no comment, then they aren't doing their jobs.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its incredible watching people try to continue making this about bernie and moral superiority over rape, like that isnt the fundamental issue people are having here. He raped someone. This has nothing to do with feeling morally superior.

Obama having an identical twin who will magically swoop in and win 100% of the vote in the remaining states is more realistic than Bernie even coming within 10% of Biden in the final primary results.

There has been a lot of early voting in the remaining handful of states, Biden almost certainly built up insurmontable leads in early votes in the few remaining big states like Ohio.

You said you would vote for adolf fucking hitler. Why are you still trying to talk politics?

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are, but consider this. They go off one source and make it a huge deal. Then it's found said source is bunk, then what?

Fox retracted Seth Rich.
Took them weeks to do so. They had to force Hannity to stop after the family threatened to sue. I doubt they would "learn their lesson" from that anyway if they thought they could use it to their advantage. My guess is that Fox is gonna bring it up when the time is right, aka when the actual general starts.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Again, that chance was a while back... on a Tuesday I believe.

Great goal for 2024 though.

I'm talking longterm yeah. We're kinda fucked for this election unless Biden drops out I'll admit that. I do believe that as the left continues to extend their outreach and....honestly, once the more moderate older generation that's still susceptible to red scare tactics dies off, progressive candidates will continue to do better.

what?

they have more guns.

and better guns too.

and more people in general.

at least ones that show up anyway...

Our policies benefit more people than theirs, so in theory once the working class achieves class consciousness we'll win. I believe this will happen in my lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.