• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not only this, we're blamed for everything too. Much of the narrative in 2016 wasn't formed around white men and women supporting Trump but instead about the decreased black turnout.

And of course can't forget the low-information racist dogwhistle coming from the left when we don't vote for some white people's preferred candidates in primaries.
It's amazing. My white sister in-law came to visit during the '16 elections. The next morning after Trump wins she has the nerve to be in my house blaming Black turnout.

If Biden loses we will somehow be blamed lmao.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a woman, a feminist, black lesbian, angry black woman, whatever you can think of right now. Yes it fucking sucks that our choices are Trump and Biden, two old white dudes who don't get consent and have still lived long and happy lives, successful lives, and still don't get it. Of course it sucks.

But fuck, Trump can't be re-elected. Look at this covid-19 stuff right now. Trump is the last person who should be leading a country and yet we're relying on this mf to use his presidential powers to actually help and he's not. He's playing politics with our lives. Biden wouldn't do that. Hillary wouldn't have done that. Bernie wouldn't do that.

I mean, if we didn't want to choose between these two assholes, then we shouldn't have put ourselves in this situation. We had so many opportunities to support other people and yet we didn't. Bernie didn't win enough votes, Warren never had a chance due to sexism (and don't deny it when Biden was the best choice we came up with and yet NOW we're worried about his actions with women when this shit isn't new). We made this decision for ourselves by narrowing the field to Trump and Biden. It sucks that so many powerful men in America have histories of sexual abuse and assault and it's not like we didn't know at least some of this stuff about Biden before but that didn't stop anyone from voting for him. Frankly it seems to me like so many old politicians (male especially) have histories like this that maybe it's time to stop electing them. We bitch about old out of touch rich white dudes running everything (ok, boomer) but then go right out and put ourselves back in the same situation. I've been shocked after the rage of the last few years to see 2020's presidential tickets look just like they did when I was a kid.

I guess I'm saying that I think it's noble that so many don't want to vote for a man who doesn't respect women, but that's never stopped this country before. I was 21 and voting for Bill Clinton even though I knew about his cheating long before. I hadn't supported Clinton during the primaries either but at the end of the day, America didn't give a fuck about him cheating and instead focused on Hillary "standing by her man." I get the anger but it's not precious now. Now is the time to vote Trump out and figure out how to move left while having some stability in the White House. Think about the Supreme Court if nothing else. Brett Kavanaugh would not be a SC justice for LIFE if Hillary had won. We wouldn't have been caught flat-footed with this Covid thing if Hillary had won. What stuff do you want to lament if Trump gets another 4 years?

The truth is, you aren't "supporting women" by not voting for Biden when Trump is the opponent.
Great post!

Oct 27, 2017
IMO President Biden should be forced to do something substantial for women and Black people. He owes and if he does nothing within his first two years he should be LBJ'd by somebody behind the scenes. Don't care how old that rapist is.

People aren't going to be enthusiastic about voting for rapists. Biden will probably win anyway but Democrats have shit the bed the last decade as far as respect for them goes.
Why should he do anything for Black people? Many of us have shown well toss our vote to a Dem just cause. He's friends with racists, his own words. He wrote the Crime Bill which he referred to as the crack house bill. He done showed us who he is yet motherfuckers running to him.
So you read about this medical practitioner having to make literal life and death decisions, likely due to the president not taking the pandemic seriously and then shrug it off and reiterate how all that matters is how you feel? Okay, then.

So, your reasoning is that Biden won't do enough for black people so might as well take a chance on letting the guy who is definitely making life worse for black people have another 4 years?

Perfect example of letting the perfect be the enemy of the good. You want to wait for the perfect candidate that doesn't actually exist.
It ain't about perfect it's about looking out for the people. Look at this shit
https://www.resetera.com/threads/me...-s-black-families-combined-study-finds.94023/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/me...-fall-to-zero-by-2053-warns-new-report.12951/

Biden, centrists and moderates ain't doing shit for us. We need left policies and not just black folk need those policies, the world needs them. We need Bernie or Warren, and I don't care if Black people and the south heavily voted for Biden. People vote against their interest all the time this is just another case. All those people have done is chosen a slow death as the reports above show.

Biden ain't his admin ain't gonna do shit. Even if we get Trump out we not really doing anything about what lewd us to him. He is a symptom of the larger problem in this country and world. But everyone so damn scared.
I've had enough of it all.
This, ain't no one doing shit for us. Malcolm said it best, the fox and the wolf.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm a woman, a feminist, black lesbian, angry black woman, whatever you can think of right now. Yes it fucking sucks that our choices are Trump and Biden, two old white dudes who don't get consent and have still lived long and happy lives, successful lives, and still don't get it. Of course it sucks.

But fuck, Trump can't be re-elected. Look at this covid-19 stuff right now. Trump is the last person who should be leading a country and yet we're relying on this mf to use his presidential powers to actually help and he's not. He's playing politics with our lives. Biden wouldn't do that. Hillary wouldn't have done that. Bernie wouldn't do that.

I mean, if we didn't want to choose between these two assholes, then we shouldn't have put ourselves in this situation. We had so many opportunities to support other people and yet we didn't. Bernie didn't win enough votes, Warren never had a chance due to sexism (and don't deny it when Biden was the best choice we came up with and yet NOW we're worried about his actions with women when this shit isn't new). We made this decision for ourselves by narrowing the field to Trump and Biden. It sucks that so many powerful men in America have histories of sexual abuse and assault and it's not like we didn't know at least some of this stuff about Biden before but that didn't stop anyone from voting for him. Frankly it seems to me like so many old politicians (male especially) have histories like this that maybe it's time to stop electing them. We bitch about old out of touch rich white dudes running everything (ok, boomer) but then go right out and put ourselves back in the same situation. I've been shocked after the rage of the last few years to see 2020's presidential tickets look just like they did when I was a kid.

I guess I'm saying that I think it's noble that so many don't want to vote for a man who doesn't respect women, but that's never stopped this country before. I was 21 and voting for Bill Clinton even though I knew about his cheating long before. I hadn't supported Clinton during the primaries either but at the end of the day, America didn't give a fuck about him cheating and instead focused on Hillary "standing by her man." I get the anger but it's not precious now. Now is the time to vote Trump out and figure out how to move left while having some stability in the White House. Think about the Supreme Court if nothing else. Brett Kavanaugh would not be a SC justice for LIFE if Hillary had won. We wouldn't have been caught flat-footed with this Covid thing if Hillary had won. What stuff do you want to lament if Trump gets another 4 years?

The truth is, you aren't "supporting women" by not voting for Biden when Trump is the opponent.
giphy.gif

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All I can hope for is anyone who refuses to vote in November for the Dem presidential ticket and not actively try to stop Trump's re-election thinks long and hard at the repercussions of that choice before making that choice final.

If their own personal morals of not voting Biden weigh more on them than Trump packing the court with alt-right types (in particular he will replace RBG with someone who will vote to overturn Roe v Wade), continuing to lock children in cages, continuing to gut environmental policy....then that is their choice. I can't control that. No one can. That is their decision. Everyone's own personal morals are their own.

For me I see voting for Biden, the man Joe Biden himself, is as not a morally just thing given accusations against him. However, I personally see voting for Biden, as in the competent democratic administration and cabinet he would replace the Trump corrupt cabinet with and the strong judges he'd appoint to the courts as the morally just decision.

That the need of strong judges and cabinet that would come in and work to save out country outweighs the failings of Joe Biden the man to me.

I am not voting for a particular man to be President. I am voting for a competent non-corrupt government. A White House staff that doesn't make policy decisions due to racism. For court appointments to protect a woman's right to choose. And I see only one choice on the ballot this fall for that.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize we're past the statute of limitation.
You were comparing yourself holding your nose to vote for Sanders to holding your nose to vote for someone credibly accused of rape like they're remotely the same thing.

You obviously want to see what you want to see, and not my expression of how I choose to vote conscientiously. I'm not trying to make anyone's decision for them, only expressing what I've done and plan on still doing.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All I can hope for is anyone who refuses to vote in November for the Dem presidential ticket and not actively try to stop Trump's re-election thinks long and hard at the repercussions of that choice before making that choice final.

If their own personal morals of not voting Biden weigh more on them than Trump packing the court with alt-right types (in particular he will replace RBG with someone who will vote to overturn Roe v Wade), continuing to lock children in cages, continuing to gut environmental policy....then that is their choice. I can't control that. No one can. That is their decision. Everyone's own personal morals are their own.

For me I see voting for Biden, the man Joe Biden himself, is as not a morally just thing given accusations against him. However, I personally see voting for Biden, as in the competent democratic administration and cabinet he would replace the Trump corrupt cabinet with and the strong judges he'd appoint to the courts as the morally just decision.

That the need of strong judges and cabinet that would come in and work to save out country outweighs the failings of Joe Biden the man to me.

I am not voting for a particular man to be President. I am voting for a competent non-corrupt government. A White House staff that doesn't make policy decisions due to racism. For court appointments to protect a woman's right to choose. And I see only one choice on the ballot this fall for that.

For the love of god it's not just about personal morals! Drill it into your head, people have trauma! Don't dismiss that! Don't bully that! Don't make them feel like shit because of a fucking trauma block!

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure under which scenario the Republican Party would stop existing. It's a two party system. They're here to stay, no matter what.

Moderate voters and swing voters will either vote for what you call a neoliberal or for a republican. 2018 showed as much. The difference is; those neoliberals are still likely to back anti-gerrymandering and other voting rights legislation while republicans will happily throw it in the trash. They'll still vote to confirm RBG-like judges to the judiciary while Republicans won't.

The only chance you have at fixing the system is tweaking the margins and using bottom-up methods to set a progressive infrastructure in place to counter the infrastructure the GOP has spent decades building. Neither Sanders nor Biden is directly connected to that process.
Yup this. So many starry eyed young liberals think a top down approach will fix this then be disappointed when they don't get thier way.

The system, probably by design, is basically just a whole bunch ofbcom
You know who else is a rapist, racist, and sexist?
Having a rapist as president is not normal and should not be normal. If we elect Biden then Trump has won.
he already won. Once. He is actually in office right now.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
For the love of god it's not just about personal morals! Drill it into your head, people have trauma! Don't dismiss that! Don't bully that! Don't make them feel like shit because of a fucking trauma block!

People aren't dismissing trauma, they're discussing it. Trauma is happening every day under this presidency and efforts to remove the person inflicting that trauma aren't being dismissive of others. One person's trauma isn't more important than another's. The discussion of that is part of the point of this thread. We can acknowledge all trauma while trying to help where we can.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
People aren't dismissing trauma, they're discussing it. Trauma is happening every day under this presidency and efforts to remove the person inflicting that trauma aren't being dismissive of others. One person's trauma isn't more important than another's. The discussion of that is part of the point of this thread. We can acknowledge all trauma while trying to help where we can.
You might wanna reread the threads about Biden's behavior (and even many posts in this thread). I was told my experiences don't make me anymore insightful on the subject than people without them. And the user caught a ban over it.

People still have posting privileges who have cast doubt about the victim because of something she said about Putin.

What do you think these posts are? You think they don't have an impact on sexual assault victims or are dismissive of trauma?

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
Seems simple: the needs of a few do not outweigh the needs of millions
The overwhelming majority voted for this creep and so he's the only avenue to prevent another avoidable catastrophe like the one we're going though now, or some other one we can't even dream of yet.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If there's another option other than Biden I'll vote for them. And if you're the victim of sexual assault I understand not voting for him, as that's a special circumstance. I don't think anyone has the right to tell a sexual assault victim to "get over it" or "push through it". Their trauma is their trauma and they have to come to whatever conclusion they feel is right for them.

But for me personally, it's about more than morality it's about people's lives and the long-standing effect Trump will have on this country if he's allowed to stay in office for 4 more years. I would still vote for Joe Biden over Donald Trump, based on his politics, if someone accused him of literal murder. And that is not hyperbole. Reading this thread it seems like Trump has become so normalized that people think abstaining is a viable option.

It's not. It wasn't 4 years ago either when people chose not to vote for Hillary Clinton.

Last edited:

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
The good news is Biden is a life long democrat that has the ability to beat Trump (we think at least because ELECTABILITY). The bad news is he likely sexually assaulted someone (probably more people than just one, this thing usually is a tract record situation) Hopefully the GOP isn't able to use this for a defense against their own politicians that do the same.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Reading this thread it seems like Trump has become so normalized that people think abstaining is a viable option.

For me it's not that any act of abstention I might do would be in affirmation of Trump. I consider it more of a vote of no confidence in the party to actually hold him accountable if they take full power again.

If Trump is so uniquely bad that nothing should be off the table to oppose him, even a rapist, then the house Dems needed to have been doing more than they are now to check his power. The dude does an impeachable offense every day of the week. They could, and probably should, be impeaching him all the time, to bring a highlight of just how uniquely criminal his acts are and to keep his hands full enough to remove his focus on self-enrichment.

The fact that of all things what they zoomed in on was fucking Burisma and not, say, his failure to divest or his sex crimes or his failure to provide aid to Puerto Rico in the midst of the hurricanes -- let alone the new graft to state governments willing to fluff his ego for medical supplies -- does not fill me with confidence that the party cares more about holding Trump accountable than getting Biden in specifically, and then the rape accusation comes in.

It's hard enough to vote for a rapist. It's harder to vote for one that doesn't want to recognize and address the harm the opposition party is doing. This tepidness in the face of a crisis surge is how we got shit like the Iraq War and torture regimes. Clinton's support for it absolutely hurt her once the general rolled around.

If Trump is such a horrifyingly monstrous leader that even zombie hitler would be shocked at his bloodlust, someone needs to tell Biden about that, because he sure acts like he doesn't know it.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
If Trump is so uniquely bad that nothing should be off the table to oppose him, even a rapist, then the house Dems needed to have been doing more than they are now to check his power. The dude does an impeachable offense every day of the week. They could, and probably should, be impeaching him all the time, to bring a highlight of just how uniquely criminal his acts are and to keep his hands full enough to remove his focus on self-enrichment.

I think the issue is that impeachment takes a lot of time, energy and attention spans wane. People stop caring when you do something too much.

Right now I really think that most people, Dems included are waiting to see how this accusation shakes out. Or at least I hope so.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I honestly don't think this thread can help much in regards to someones personal trauma, the discussion here is very entrenched and combative trying to pull someone to one side or other. I've never found that personally helpful when working though something deep-seated. I just find this an all round an incredibly bad avenue for this, somewhere more neutral where people aren't trying to actively coerce your opinion and people can be more frank seems more suited. Let alone trying to do all this over a single conversation.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
People stop caring when you do something too much.

The GOP base didn't stop supporting the party's work to try to stonewall Obama-era policy goals. I guess there are people to the left of the GOP who expect a semblance of functioning government from the Trump regime, but I don't know who they are; even the most civics-obsessed moderates have had THIS IS NOT NORMAL as a daily mantra. I struggle to believe even a show trial for each of Trump's many, many crimes would have been a negative for them -- the party certainly wouldn't be blocking effective government!

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
When will the onus shift to other demographics?
For the onus to shift to where blame belongs, we would actually have to discuss the responsibility white America has in the stewardship of this country as a whole. So never.

But that's why every day I feel less and less browbeat by forceful demands and threats by Democrats. Because I'm not the one who is really the problem.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
The GOP base didn't stop supporting the party's work to try to stonewall Obama-era policy goals. I guess there are people to the left of the GOP who expect a semblance of functioning government from the Trump regime, but I don't know who they are; even the most civics-obsessed moderates have had THIS IS NOT NORMAL as a daily mantra. I struggle to believe even a show trial for each of Trump's many, many crimes would have been a negative for them -- the party certainly wouldn't be blocking effective government!

GOP's base is different. The GOP in general is also more likely to unite on fucking over the poor and minorities. As to impeaching every crime Trump did/does, I don't think the left is as adept at crafting narratives as the GOP is. It begins to look a little like the boy who cried wolf.

It is my belief that the Dems always have an uphill battle because they have to represent so many demographics (and usually leave black people on the back burner).

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The overwhelming majority voted for this creep and so he's the only avenue to prevent another avoidable catastrophe like the one we're going though now, or some other one we can't even dream of yet.

Blaming people for a mental block is perhaps the furthest you can go for helping someone. In fact, it signals to them that you don't care about them at all. Will you look at a victim of sexual assault and tell them that there refusal to relive trauma is immoral and obscene because "it helps Trump win"? The only reason why we're having this "topic" is because we have taken the phrase "every vote counts" to mean "if you don't vote for my candidate you are an awful human being". It is a complete perversion of "every vote counts" to browbeat, mock, and shame those who don't line up with your vote, which is annoying enough before you add telling those who are victims to "suck it up".

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Theneeds.jpg

:)

You are 100% correct, I agree with this point completely.

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
But Biden is the one that ended up doing well. He wasn't doing great until South Carolina, and then he picked up in a bunch of states afterward. He's who voters chose. The DNC could replace him, but I don't know how voters would respond. Polls have Biden as being best for down-ticket races than Sanders. Biden does better with black voters as a group. He does better in the South and the suburbs, which are both integral to beating Trump. I'm not happy about the situation, but that's apparently how the chips fall in this country and I have no control over that. I do have control over my vote.

I'm operating on the presumption that he will be the nominee. And if he is, I will vote for him because the alternative is, for me, unthinkable.

Sure. And I'm going to end up voting for Biden, but I'm also not going to be a hypocrite and pretend this is fine when we've all been screaming that the election of Trump and his nomination of Kavanaugh is proof that the Republican party doesn't care about women for the last four years.

The party is continuing it's long tradition of having it's only redeeming quality be that they look acceptable standing next to literal facists.

I think he's a trash human being and I'm not going to pretend otherwise in the name of unity. I will cast a ballot for a man I detest and demand that he be better if that's what it comes to, not because he's clearing the lowest of bars, but because Trump is somehow beneath even that.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017

How the hell are we even having this conversation again? This fucking dude thinks nurses and hospitals are secretly hoarding supplies for themselves to justify why he is failing! And every hour this moron is on charge the death number ticks up.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017

How the hell are we even having this conversation again? This fucking dude thinks nurses and hospitals are secretly hoarding supplies for themselves to justify why he is failing! And every hour this moron is on charge the death number ticks up.

Like I said before, there's a reason why there's the phrase "The lesser of two evils." In this case, one evil is almost infintely less than the other evil, but it's still an evil nonetheless. There really are no perfect candidates. Obama was about as close as we ever got in terms of morals and politics. If he's the bar that people have now for President, you're pretty much always going to be disappointed. I'm voting for the lesser evil because far more good will come from that than the opposite.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
can we get rid of Trump first

Then burn Biden at the stake after?

He's only one term and would buy us time

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
can we get rid of Trump first

Then burn Biden at the stake after?

He's only one term and would buy us time
I want a Biden BBQ by July 4th 2020. I want President Biden to be agitated and hounded by women and minorities to the point where he is whispering slurs under his breath every time his phone rings. We are roasting this pig from within the moment he's sworn in, he owes a debt.

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
Warren was the only candidate I gave a damn about. Everyone else was pretty much a not Trump. They had too many isues for me and and honestly, the accusations are meaningless to me at this point. I want to be clear: I'm not condoning Biden or his actions, but I'm in PA so voting for the dem nominee is important (and again, Warren was the only one I was enthusiastic about), all I care about at this point is getting rid of Trump. At least, I don't see the country falling any further apart under Biden. I don't know if the country can handle 4 more years of Trump - especially since it's likely at least RBG is gone so I think I have to vote for Biden in PA no matter what if he's the nominee and I can't really even think about what's wrong with him.

Honestly, I don't think it will happen (and it's just personal fantasy), but this would make me like a pick of Warren as a VP even more.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City

Great post. Doing the right thing sometimes means sacrifice. In fact, most of the time it does. A lot of people are tired of it.. well guess what, So is everyone else. Except for ya know.. fascists. There is nothing brave about giving up on the system even after being knocked down more than anyone else. If you look at the big picture it doesnt add up that there is noone worth voting for, until it is revealed that Biden is actually Trump Jr. or something. He is worth voting for. Signing legislation written by Dems alone is reason enough.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Warren was the only candidate I gave a damn about. Everyone else was pretty much a not Trump. They had too many isues for me and and honestly, the accusations are meaningless to me at this point. I want to be clear: I'm not condoning Biden or his actions, but I'm in PA so voting for the dem nominee is important (and again, Warren was the only one I was enthusiastic about), all I care about at this point is getting rid of Trump. At least, I don't see the country falling any further apart under Biden. I don't know if the country can handle 4 more years of Trump - especially since it's likely at least RBG is gone so I think I have to vote for Biden in PA no matter what if he's the nominee and I can't really even think about what's wrong with him.

Honestly, I don't think it will happen (and it's just personal fantasy), but this would make me like a pick of Warren as a VP even more.

While I'd personally love a Warren VP pick, there's a real shot at the Senate this year and I wouldn't want to lose her seat.

Oct 28, 2017
And now seeing Trump suggest hospitals are doing conspiracy shit during this pandemic with masks and ventilators... I just can't deal with this fucker anymore and some people who can vote against him but will not... It's starting to make me just as upset compared to his ignorant ass supporters.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I'm Spanish so I don't have to make this choice in this specific case, but elections are more often than not a matter of choosing the lesser evil. In particular, I strongly disagree with this:
A vote is a personal expression of conscience and morality based on an evaluation of each candidate individually.
Voting is not endorsing. A vote is nothing more than a pragmatic choice between several possibilities, where the only reasonable assumption being that you vote for either the "best" (or least bad) choice, or the best choice that you consider has a realistic chance to win.

If I'm given a choice to have a cold or the flu, I'll chose the cold. If it's flu or COVID, I'll choose flu. Between COVID and cancer, I'll choose COVID. In none of these cases do I actually desire to endure any of these sicknesses; I just choose what's better for me rather than leaving that choice to others. I think the left needs to stop romanticising so much the act of voting and start seeing it for the straightforward means to an end that it is.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely do not want him to win the nomination. If this is as credible as it sounds he should resign from the race and/or go to trial. If he ends up being the candidate against Trump then of course he will get my vote, because there is just that much at stake.

Oct 26, 2017

We really need to focus more on the Courts, I feel their importance in an election often get ignored by Democrats even though they have been and will be the ultimate judges of how far this country can progress. Trump getting to replace Ginsburg will damage women's rights far more than electing Biden.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
We really need to focus more on the Courts, I feel their importance in an election often get ignored by Democrats even though they have been and will be the ultimate judges of how far this country can progress. Trump getting to replace Ginsburg will damage women's rights far more than electing Biden.

A big Republican voting point in 2016 was the idea that the Republicans could fill the courts, shift the Supreme Court, change the balance on Republican held issues like Abortion and faith, and repealing ACA.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the onus to shift to where blame belongs, we would actually have to discuss the responsibility white America has in the stewardship of this country as a whole. So never.

But that's why every day I feel less and less browbeat by forceful demands and threats by Democrats. Because I'm not the one who is really the problem.

I'll say as an aside that for myself, I felt extremely liberated when I realized that I wasn't obligated to come out to vote for whatever racist neoliberal ghoul that the Dems put forward every four years. Four years ago we were expected to come forward and vote in a racist who attacked the victims of her rapist husband. This year we are expected to vote for a racist rapist. This deal is getting worse at every turn and I can't be a part of a party that thinks this is acceptable.

Either give us a candidate who will improve material conditions for us or the Dems can fuck off into the sun for good. The Democratic Party isn't owed black votes. I don't care what the CBC says. They don't represent me and Joe Biden promising to nominate a black woman to the Supreme Court is textbook tokenism.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Like I said before, there's a reason why there's the phrase "The lesser of two evils." In this case, one evil is almost infintely less than the other evil, but it's still an evil nonetheless. There really are no perfect candidates. Obama was about as close as we ever got in terms of morals and politics. If he's the bar that people have now for President, you're pretty much always going to be disappointed. I'm voting for the lesser evil because far more good will come from that than the opposite.
Nobody's asking for a perfect candidate, just one that isn't a fucking rapist. Literally bring back any of the other moderates in the race and replace Biden with them and people won't have to worry about whether they're voting for a rapist or not. And when will libs stop using Obama, who is a terrible human being, as an example of morals?
And now seeing Trump suggest hospitals are doing conspiracy shit during this pandemic with masks and ventilators... I just can't deal with this fucker anymore and some people who can vote against him but will not... It's starting to make me just as upset compared to his ignorant ass supporters.
Ironic sentiment considering how many Biden supporters have been showing their ass on this issue and acting like Trump supporters and harassing a poor woman who got raped and suggesting she's a russian plant

Status
Not open for further replies.