• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

N00MKRAD

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

This is not public yet, but fail0verflow have Linux running on Switch, and since HW acceleration also works, nothing stopped them from trying Dolphin on it.

And, well, for unoptimized open source drivers it runs pretty good.
He also showed Animal Crossing (CGN) and Spyro 1 running at (or near) full speed in Dolphin/PCSXR.

(Also, I'm not sure which Distro that is, I think Debian with some KDE GUI)

diablos991

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have a feeling switch stuff will iterate quickly.
Might pick up another console while I can before Nintendo makes a hardware revision.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017

This is not public yet, but fail0verflow have Linux running on Switch, and since HW acceleration also works, nothing stopped them from trying Dolphin on it.

And, well, for unoptimized open source drivers it runs damn good - already near fullspeed in Wind Waker.

He also showed Animal Crossing (CGN) and Spyro 1 running at (or near) full speed in Dolphin/PCSXR.

wooooowww

Hope this doesn't get too cracked down on, the idea of being able to carry my Switch round with 64 and GC games on it sounds amazing

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
User Banned (1 Day): Spamming in emulation and homebrew threads.
PLEASE MODS LET THIS STOP

Namyu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind that this isn't running a native build of Dolphin, so the low FPS isn't surprising. It could easily go up in the future.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
PLEASE MODS LET THIS STOP
Please stop spamming every thread with this. Use the report button if you feel it breaks the rules. And yes there is some irony in this post.

And, well, for unoptimized open source drivers it runs pretty good.

(Also, I'm not sure which Distro that is, I think Debian with some KDE GUI)

Very impressive in such a short space of time. To be honest, I'd just be happy with a C64 and Amiga emulator, so I can play a ton of games on the go that will never hit VC etc. Paradroid and Hawkeye on the Switch, nice.

Last edited:

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like when stuff like this happens, Wind Waker will 100% be officially released on Switch, now it'll feel less special :/ lol

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
really makes me wonder just how specialized the Switch version of Dolphin will end up being in a few years time, for example, would they theoretically be able to emulate Wii pointer controls using the joycon gyro like a few eShop games do? because that would be crazy.

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
Melee on the Switch CMON CMON CMON

And for everyone complaining about pirating I have 9 Wiis and 7 copies of Melee so I support Nintendo K thanks.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
I don't like when stuff like this happens, Wind Waker will 100% be officially released on Switch, now it'll feel less special :/ lol
You think so? We just had the HD remake on WiiU. Do they re-release every Zelda game on every platform now? I think Skyward Sword is the prime candidate for an HD remake on Switch. The 2 DS titles might be as well if they get dual screens working. I think they let WW rest a bit.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
You think so? We just had the HD remake on WiiU. Do they re-release every Zelda game on every platform now? I think Skyward Sword is the prime candidate for an HD remake on Switch. The 2 DS titles might be as well if they get dual screens working. I think they let WW rest a bit.
Exactly, all the more easier it is to just port WWHD.
I mean, I think it should come over, but I wouldn't call Nintendo port crazy.
theyve realeased tons of Wii U ports. I mean I'm not upset about it at all, I love it. Bring them all.

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
The first part of the OP Title is not needed imo, it will only make people mad and will end up derailing the thread.

This is super interesting, I imagine a native version is in a matter of days, exciting times.

Oct 25, 2017
If you're skeptical about the framerate - keep in mind this is super early and running in Linux. A proper Switch port of Dolphin likely will run much better.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Sick. Probably won't hack my switch, but I hope those who do enjoy it.

Last edited: