One. Million. Posts.

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the most active dedicated forums out there, especially for gaming. Granted, it is brand new and fresh, but everyone got settled in immediately. It's rare to see a site grow so fast, I guess majority of the other place couldn't wait to escape from it. It's even neat to see accounts associated with notable sites, people, and channels in the gaming industry garnering this forum some credibility rather quickly.

Giving how much of a cesspool gaming communities can be, it's nice to have one that encourages at the least sensible and rational disscussion. It might not always be the case, but it's a hell of a lot better than other places. Resetera team should be proud of what they accomplished in such a short time, and of course all the users that give the site life.

Oct 26, 2017
Insanely impressive at how fast this place not only got up and running but how quickly the community transitioned here as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Is anybody keeping track of the posts/day? This place feels almost GAF level fast in the evening. It's insane. I was a little afraid it could slow down but the way things are going, we're looking to get bigger, eh?

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Is anybody keeping track of the posts/day? This place feels almost GAF level fast in the evening. It's insane. I was a little afraid it could slow down but the way things are going, we're looking to get bigger, eh?
Seems to be at a great and steady pace of about 50k posts/day atm.

Oct 27, 2017
Meanwhile the other place on life support. Topics that have 30+ pages of replies here have 3 there. On one hand I feel a bit sad about it, but then I see the levels of activity here and remember the other place was just a name, the community is alive and well :)

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Congrats to you all that worked your asses off to make this site so awesome, new and old members. Mighty fine establishment, mighty fine indeed.

Oct 31, 2017
Got to say Era is great. I'm really happy that this forum is growing so fast and the fact that it was so easy for everyone to move on from the other site is awesome.

You need to reply to this in order to see this content.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
This is one of the most active dedicated forums out there, especially for gaming. Granted, it is brand new and fresh, but everyone got settled in immediately. It's rare to see a site grow so fast, I guess majority of the other place couldn't wait to escape from it. It's even neat to see accounts associated with notable sites, people, and channels in the gaming industry garnering this forum some credibility rather quickly.
I think it's fair to say that the other place had issues that went way beyond that one incident, and even beyond you-know-who. What happened was merely the straw that broke the camel's back and had it coming for some time. I, for one, liked neither the place nor its management, and I don't miss it at all. I think many users felt too intimidated or (certainly in my case) careful to post at the old place, even about uncontroversial topics. This new home is like a breath of fresh air and has been far more welcoming to all.

This is a hell of a milestone though. It's great to see that such a huge, concerted effort to make a better home for the community has paid off. The community is still alive, and thriving like never before. The positive aura here has been infectious, and it feels like this site is in good hands. Keep up the good work everyone!

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's fair to say that the other place had issues that went way beyond that one incident, and even beyond you-know-who. What happened was merely the straw that broke the camel's back and had it coming for some time. I, for one, liked neither the place nor its management, and I don't miss it at all. I think many users felt too intimidated or (certainly in my case) careful to post at the old place, even about uncontroversial topics. This new home is like a breath of fresh air and has been far more welcoming to all.
I think one notable improvement is the transparency. The staff seems more engaged with the users, and if a user is warned/banned, then there's a stated reason given. Even if one doesn't always agree with the moderation, at least it's open. With the other place users may have felt like they needed to walk on eggshells for any number of reasons and it didn't feel very inviting.

Oct 27, 2017
I think one notable improvement is the transparency. The staff seems more engaged with the users, and if a user is warned/banned, then there's a stated reason given. Even if one doesn't always agree with the moderation, at least it's open. With the other place users may have felt like they needed to walk on eggshells for any number of reasons and it didn't feel very inviting.
100% agree.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Absolutely, it makes a huge difference. Walking on eggshells is exactly the right term to describe how things were at the other place. I'm so glad it's not like that here.

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I couldn't agree more Cerium! You and the staff did a great job in collaboration with the community! I'm so proud to be a part of it since its very first moments even before it went open to the public.

Pif

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kinda curious to know how it compares to the website that shall not be named.

Congrats to the team. The ask a dev feature is something that I look forward to in the future.

Pif

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Trafficwise we already outrank it in the US:

I meant how long it took for them to reach 1M posts since launch.

But I'm sure given the history behind this forum, it just has a ridiculous growth that dwarfs other gaming dedicated websites.

Nov 8, 2017
Congratulations :P I know I went to great lengths to dig up a personal email address to migrate over here. Was never a doubt in my mind that this place would explode with all the great people on the site.

shinobi602

Newman
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Absolutely, it makes a huge difference. Walking on eggshells is exactly the right term to describe how things were at the other place. I'm so glad it's not like that here.
Happy to hear that. A top personal goal of mine was to push for that, and of course from the whole team. It was definitely a priority in forming the policy :-)