• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder that this dude is a sexual predator.

Trump engaged in a wave of allegedly unwanted touching. One of those incidents happened during a Mar-a-Lago New Year's Eve party in the early 2000s. Karen Johnson spoke publicly about the events of that night for the first time in an interview with us.

Johnson said she was at Trump's Palm Beach estate that night with her husband, who was suffering from multiple sclerosis, and another relative. The family visited the seaside club regularly; Johnson and her husband had even held their wedding reception there a few years earlier. Trump, whom she didn't know before her wedding, had "chased some of my bridesmaids around," said Johnson, but he had been "nice" to her.
At the New Year's Eve party, Johnson, wearing a black Versace dress, danced with her friends. Shortly after glittering balloons fell from the ceiling at the stroke of midnight, her husband said he wasn't feeling well and the relative was ready to go. Johnson decided to make a quick trip to the restroom before they headed home. "I hadn't seen [Trump] that whole entire night," said Johnson, who was in her late thirties at the time. "I was just walking to the bathroom. I was grabbed and pulled behind a tapestry, and it was him. And I'm a tall girl and I had six-inch heels on, and I still remember looking up at him. And he's strong, and he just kissed me," she recounted to us. "I was so scared because of who he was... I don't even know where it came from. I didn't have a say in the matter."

Johnson said Trump then grabbed her hand and said, "You have to help me greet these guests out," explaining that Melania was upstairs. "So I stood next to him while he greeted some guests out the door," Johnson said. She didn't let on that anything was amiss because she didn't want to create an awkward situation. "I was afraid to say what had happened," she said. "I didn't even know how it happened."

Documentation and photographs corroborate Johnson's general description of the evening. A friend also said Johnson told him about the encounter years before Trump ran for office.
In the days after the incident, Trump began pursuing Johnson. "He started calling me. I answered my phone and he said, 'Do you know who this is?' And I knew his voice. And I was wondering how he got my phone number," she said. He called her regularly for the next week or two, she told us, offering to fly her up to New York to visit him. Johnson told Trump she couldn't because she was taking care of her dying husband. "Don't worry about it, he'll never know you were gone," she said Trump told her. "He said he'd have me back by six o'clock. This was like crazy. He was going to fly me to New York for the day to see him. I said, 'No, no, no.'" But Trump persisted. When he was in Florida, he called and said he would send a car to bring her to Mar-a-Lago. "I kept saying, 'No, no, no,'" she said. "I was scared. I didn't know what to do."

In time, Johnson said, the calls stopped. She never went back to Mar-a-Lago. She eventually told the relative who was with her at the New Year's Eve party what had happened, but she never told her dying husband. Years later, Johnson was shocked to hear Trump describing on the Access Hollywood tape exactly what he had done to her. "When he says that thing, 'Grab them in the pussy,' that hits me hard because when he grabbed me and pulled me into the tapestry, that's where he grabbed me—he grabbed me there in my front and pulled me in," she told us.

From an upcoming book
In All the President's Women: Donald Trump and the Making of a Predator, journalists Barry Levine and Monique El-Faizy draw on over 100 interviews, many of them exclusive, to craft a detailed history of Trump's relationships with women, stretching back to his childhood and education as well as his rise through real estate, entertainment, and politics. What emerges from the authors' reporting is a portrait of a predator who hides behind wealth and institutional power to frequently harass and abuse women.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He grabbed her directly on the vajingle? At least make your accusation believable. What kind of person have you ever heard of who would walk right up to a beautiful woman and grab her by the crotch? If you could name one person who is even suspected of such a weirdly outlandish and disgusting move I will withdraw my "doubt."

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not shocked and the way he pursues woman sounds just like him too. It still amazes me stuff like this didn't stop him from becoiming president let alone being hounded, black listed etc. for being a sexual predator who assaults and rapes woman.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Wait it's up to 43?

Lmfao. Mr. "YOU CAN'T CALL WOMEN BEAUTIFUL ANYMORE" is in the hot seat huh?

It's absolutely ridiculous that a bunch of private gov jobs require ridiculous background checks yet a sexual predator can become president.

If the highest office required a security clearance this bum wouldn't be there so why doesn't it?

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that Evangelicals overwhelmingly approve of this sexual assaulting, cheating rapist.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Wait it's up to 43?

Lmfao. Mr. "YOU CAN'T CALL WOMEN BEAUTIFUL ANYMORE" is in the hot seat huh?

It's absolutely ridiculous that a bunch of private gov jobs require ridiculous background checks yet a sexual predator can become president.

If the highest office required a security clearance this bum wouldn't be there so why doesn't it?
It's presented as 43 new, not 43 total, allegations. I think we were at 26 previously, which is fucking insane, so that would be 69 allegations in total. Give or take.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He doesn't have any publicly available convictions of sexual assault, so he'd clear that. Allegations are just that. Allegations.

Hopefully, that will change. :)

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
He grabbed her directly on the vajingle? At least make your accusation believable. What kind of person have you ever heard of who would walk right up to a beautiful woman and grab her by the crotch? If you could name one person who is even suspected of such a weirdly outlandish and disgusting move I will withdraw my "doubt."
I think my sarcasm detector is broken

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I hate to say it, but no amount of allegations is gonna do anything at this point. We have him on tape admitting he sexually assaulted women for fun and that did literally nothing to convince his piece of shit supporters that he is a scumbag.

So anything short of an actual criminal conviction is gonna fall short i think.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I hate to say it, but no amount of allegations is gonna do anything at this point. We have him on tape admitting he sexually assaulted women for fun and that did literally nothing to convince his piece of shit supporters that he is a scumbag.

So anything short of an actual criminal conviction is gonna fall short i think.

Even that wouldn't be enough.

We could have direct video footage of him sexually assaulting a woman and the following would happen.

Part of his base would dismiss it outright as fake news.

Other parts would cheer him on and come up with excuses as for why she deserved it.

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
I have nothing but compassion for the suffering these women have gone through, and admiration for their strength coming forward when so many before them have been shamed, blamed and ridiculed in defence of that filth. I only hope that the complete lack of impact that their stories have had will not freeze out others who have felt threatened and intimidated into silence.

I wish I could believe in a reckoning, but he is old and this is not new behaviour. His wealth, position, skin colour and sex have, do and will continue to insulate him from being accountable. We can only work to ensure that he and his ilk are a dying breed of cancer.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Reminder that Evangelicals overwhelmingly approve of this sexual assaulting, cheating rapist.

The revival of the Evangelical movement in the United States was always tied to rich, right-wing assholes.

As long as your powerful enough to help enforce their agenda, the movement has never cared what you do.

Windy_Smile

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine watching your assaulter rise to the highest position in the country, unable to escape his face, tweets, interviews. I can't fathom the courage these women have coming forward knowing the insurmountable challenge they face getting justice.
I really don't want Trump to die, I want to see him suffering for decades.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
The people who literally thank God for Trump are some of the most reprehensible hypocrites on the planet. Championing a confirmed racist, a serial rapist, a compulsive liar, and a blatant bully. Scum of the earth.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that I, too, can one day claim to average one sexual assault allegation per year of life. What a truly astounding accomplishment.

Fucking hell.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
Cancel culture is getting ridiculous. Who is even safe anymore? Even Donald Trump of all people is being accused of sexual assault. I hope it doesn't hurt his career

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
As long as he doesn't grab a man by the privates, he's okay with Evangelicals. That would be their line in the sand.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's almost 70 total allegations, if my math is right.

It's okay. The Christian right gave him a mulligan... So, in the Lord's eyes, he is forgiven. As long as he hates the brown people and abortions!

Oct 28, 2017
The President of the United States. It makes my stomach churn. Everyone who died and sacrificed for this country are still spinning in their grave.

MikeyLikesIt

Banned
Sep 24, 2019

if nothing has been done even though Trump has been accused of tying a 13-year-old girl to a bed, raping her and then hitting her in the face at Epstein's crib (and this was corroborated by a witness) then this is literally nothing. I don't understand how that accusation/lawsuit didn't gain more traction in the media.

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017
waiting for Trump to say that he couldn't have raped them because they are not his type -_-

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
well as disturbing as it all is, I don't think anyone is surprised. Garbage human being, who was somehow able to get through life without any consequences. And he is the POTUS. karma, where are you?

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the allegations are coming back again. Blood in the water. He's going to be eaten alive the moment he's a private citizen again.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And he still won't get punishment for it. Sucks.

He may be ruined while in office but he will certainly be sued into oblivion after office - and if you want a more happy note to think about :

If Putin has damning personal kompromat on Trump (he does) its only real value is while the president is in office.

Putin will burn the asset at the height of the value of doing so.

I wish the presidents lickspittles understood this fact because all their timelines are built around last minute pardons and current graft.

I'd be basing any of my decisions on a clean exit vector guided by polling and impeachment. When he's lame duck it's too late.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
So, you're saying it wasn't just locker room talk and this is Trump's modus operandi? This should be bigger news.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
He may be ruined while in office but he will certainly be sued into oblivion after office - and if you want a more happy note to think about :

If Putin has damning personal kompromat on Trump (he does) its only real value is while the president is in office.

Putin will burn the asset at the height of the value of doing so.

I wish the presidents lickspittles understood this fact because all their timelines are built around last minute pardons and current graft.

I'd be basing any of my decisions on a clean exit vector guided by polling and impeachment. When he's lame duck it's too late.

isn't it possible that Putin screws Trump over by "leaking" all of that just to further splinter USA? If Trumps polls go lower I don't think Putin cares so much for him and he has already done plenty of damage

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's fucking gross that this will get almost no news coverage, but hey, remember when he used a sharpie on the weather map? Remember that?!

Oct 28, 2017
attach29768_20191009_igkzu.gif

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's insane that we've reached the point where 43 new accusers of Trump's sexual harassment/assault won't break a page on ERA or even land a headline.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
It's insane that we've reached the point where 43 new accusers of Trump's sexual harassment/assault won't break a page on ERA or even land a headline.

Jean Carroll, a very credible woman with a credible rape accusation and clear mental scars from the experience, barely got any news and establishment Dem response to her was this:

Here's Nancy Pelosi verbally shrugging in response to a question about what she thinks Congress should do about a credible rape accusation against the president. Not great.

And just like that it gets shifted into "not my problem and not my issue, stop bothering me" like Kavanaugh's accusations. And the story remains dark and buried.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Jean Carroll, a very credible woman with a credible rape accusation and clear mental scars from the experience, barely got any news and establishment Dem response to her was this:

And just like that it gets shifted into "not my problem and not my issue, stop bothering me" like Kavanaugh's accusations. And the story remains dark and buried.

Counterpoint:

She clapped