• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2018
Tax benefits wouldn't be worth it.

If you get no health insurance from your work and could get on their's I wouldn't blame you at all.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Terrible idea. You know when people say they have a friend as backup marriage partner? No one does that for real

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
It would be easier to pull off if you lived together. The fact that you live on seperate parts of the country might be a problem in regards to your medical usage.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
pros
- you get good insurance
- he gets some vague tax benefits (it rarely actually works out unless you make no money since your income will get added to his), I would be a bit suspicious if he said this is why he wanted to

cons
- if either of you start dating explaining why you are married to a man possibly in another location is gonna be tough
- if either of you luck into a big chunk of money it could get really bad
- if either of you ever get in trouble with the legal system YOU ARE GOING TO GET FUCKED OVER HARD when they start asking why a heterosexual man is married to another man. There is no way to talk your way out of this one, "we did it so i could get his insurance" just leads down a "...well, maybe you are a terrorist then because you lie about everything" kind of path
- you are legally responsible for all debt either of you take on. He could get $100k of credit card charges, you guys divorce, and guess what, you now have 50k credit card debt. prenups don't matter

Did you watch Chuck and Larry last night?

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
You'll never have sex, which is the approximate amount of sex every other married couple is having.

Married couples always had more sex statistically speaking and the downward trajectory of sex among millenials is appalling to the point if it keeps up with the next two generations it will become a national concern.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
0025195053792_p0_v2_s1200x630.jpg
Hey excuse me

Why did I see this in theaters?

Thanks,

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I...don't think I've ever heard of anyone wanting to do this for strictly financial reasons. Like, I guess it makes sense but how are you going to explain it to people?

OP
OP

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I...don't think I've ever heard of anyone wanting to do this for strictly financial reasons. Like, I guess it makes sense but how are you going to explain it to people?

My other friends would understand. It's pretty much a group of people I hang out with, we're all friends with each other.

It'd even be fun being able to make "my husband" jokes around our friends.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
imagine finding the woman of your dreams and explaining that you are currently married to a man.

I'm sure there are people that would handle that with a nice laugh and be ok. But I would think that would be the rare reaction

*i feel like this didn't come across right. so i hope it is is taken in the spirit in which is intended, which is "this would be very confusing thing to spring on someone and might scare them away*

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It sounds like the type of thing where there are a metric fuckton of unknowns that could come back to bite you in the ass if you go along with it. I wouldn't do it.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Wait, did you just admit that you want to commit a crime? /S

More seriously, go for it, just be sure to do a good pre-nup so both of you are fine if a divorce occurs! The US is so fucked, i won't blame anyone for wanting to fraud the system like that for insurances

Oct 25, 2017
pros
- you get good insurance
- he gets some vague tax benefits (it rarely actually works out unless you make no money since your income will get added to his), I would be a bit suspicious if he said this is why he wanted to

cons
- if either of you start dating explaining why you are married to a man possibly in another location is gonna be tough
- if either of you luck into a big chunk of money it could get really bad
- if either of you ever get in trouble with the legal system YOU ARE GOING TO GET FUCKED OVER HARD when they start asking why a heterosexual man is married to another man. There is no way to talk your way out of this one, "we did it so i could get his insurance" just leads down a "...well, maybe you are a terrorist then because you lie about everything" kind of path
- you are legally responsible for all debt either of you take on. He could get $100k of credit card charges, you guys divorce, and guess what, you now have 50k credit card debt. prenups don't matter

Did you watch Chuck and Larry last night?
Please read this post OP

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
you know about all those other people youve heard do this?

oh you dont know anyone whos done this?

.....theres a reason

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Just caught up to the fact both parties are heterosexual.

Now I feel like this forum has turned into a sitcom.

I better get a royalty check if the number of views exceed the average relative to post count.

OP
OP

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
imagine finding the woman of your dreams and explaining that you are currently married to a man.

I'm sure there are people that would handle that with a nice laugh and be ok. But I would think that would be the rare reaction

I have a unique sense of humor and honestly wouldn't want to be with someone who didn't find this amusing. There's a reason this guy is one of my best friends, our sense of humors jell very well. I mainly only keep with people who have my sense of humor.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Depending on what states you two live in, a prenup will not protect you 100%.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OP > is doing something stupid a bad idea?

Everyone > Oh my god yes it's a bad idea

OP > ok but is it actually a bad idea? What about...

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
Yeah that's a hard no dawg. Two dudes getting married but they tell them selves they aren't gay. Going to need a lot of whisky to wash away the first time you guys have sex after a night of drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.