• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think?

• Yes, I understand you.

Votes: 377 57.1%
  • That's the lamest thing I have ever read in my life.

Votes: 115 17.4%
  • Are you drunk already?

Votes: 56 8.5%
  • That's really sad.

Votes: 112 17.0%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
México
We all are gonna be dead in the near future (in less than 100 years everyone currently reading this will be dead), and all I can think is that I'm gonna miss all the Nintendo franchises in the future. All the new consoles. The newest movies, series, books. We are gonna be dead, but Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and every other big company is still going to exist.

Yes, of course I also think in how I'm not gonna see my daughter and wife anymore, and possibly my grandson's growing up, of course.

But, man. All the entertainment and technology and scientific advances I'm gonna miss. It sucks.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just need to make it till Berserk ends then I can walk into the great unknown feeling complete.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It's a very minor reason but it is a little depressing. Surely not a big enough reason for why dying sucks though to make it into the thread title lol

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
It's incredibly lame but also I understand you. I cannot die until I see Villeneuve's Dune.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
When I was suicidal a few years back, one of the reasons for why I didn't kill myself, besides not wanting to make the people around me sad, and not wanting to traumatize the person to find my dead body, was lame as it is wanting to see how GOT ended.

I'm such a loser.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
well that's certainly a manifestation of augmented survival I hadnt considered

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad I didn't die in-between the Infinity War and Endgame movies getting released. I would have been so pissed down there in hell or whatever.

Fusionfrenzy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 2, 2019
I get it. I sometimes feel weird at the idea of not having seen a new Pokemon gen. Like I don't want them to stop making gens but I also don't want to die and miss a new gen completely either

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
To some extent I get it.

On the other hand, if I'm dead, i won't care, because I can't.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still hold out hope that we'll have robot bodies before I die. I certainly haven't accepted my death as an inevitability and won't until I'm right at the door. Don't know how I could carry on living if I knew for a fact I was going to die.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You can't miss things when you are dead. That's kind of the point of death. So don't sweat it.
We are gonna be dead, but Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and every other big company is still going to exist.
In 100 years they probably won't.

I still hold out hope that we'll have robot bodies before I die. I certainly haven't accepted my death as an inevitability and won't until I'm right at the door. Don't know how I could carry on living if I knew for a fact I was going to die.

You are definitely going to die, and there's plenty of things you should sort out before you are "right at the door".

Even if there were some robot bodies that let you live forever, Earth won't last forever so you would be boned at that point. And even if you found some way around that, heat death of the universe will take you out.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about the maximum number of books I can read in my life and it probably maxes out at around 5000 if I continue my current pace and live to 100. That doesn't seem like a lot.

Oct 25, 2017
Because you're on a media-centric board and people have a cancerous need to self-depricate re: their hobbies many will say that's stupid, but yes, missing out on all of the artistic expression beyond is a sad thought.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I want to know how different everything will be for franchises like Marvel, DC, Star Wars, etc....
Will the movies/live action content still be relevant, or are people already moved on from all of these things?

ncsoft

Dec 11, 2017
I totally get you.
I mostly want to see how the world and humanity progresses, the technology we're gonna have, the space exploration we're yet to do. The Machinery society that might someday replace the biological one which we have.
But as a Cameron and Box office fanatic, I told myself the other day: definitely don't die before Avatar 2....

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
There are other reasons as well of course but I'm totally with you. I'm also one of those people who if they had one wish it'd be to be immortal though, which at least among my family and friends is apparently super weird so maybe most people don't have fomo.

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
Its probably because your life is base around that.

Take a month off from media and you'll come off at a different conclusion.

Humans are incredible at adapting. Just enjoy life the best you can do.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
When I was younger I used to think that old people today are missing out on a lot of amazing shit and I felt bad for them. Now I realize that most of them don't care about the stuff I find amazing and they just want to be comfortable and not lonely late in their life.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
OP:
giphy.gif

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Just counterpoint that with all the celebrity gossip, all the pop music, and all the Fortnites of the future you'll miss.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will be a bummer when most of us are dead before the final part of Final Fantasy VII remake comes out in 2050