• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo gets third party support after their consoles sell well. Glad to see it on switch as well, but this is consistent with the Wii and DS.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
What's the difference between what you wrote and a third party exclusive for you? the IP is still owned by Marvel, and the game is developed by Team Ninja, Nintendo is only publishing it (and maybe doing the localization, unconfirmed)

Does anyone really believe Sony or Microsoft don't pay for exclusivity? hahahaha seriously.

There has been only few rare occasions where i don't believe that happened and that's with companies like Atlus who takes their time to make a game so they usually decide to focus on a single platform, and even that we don't actually know for sure what's happening in the background.

And most importantly, even if you consider it first party, what's the matter? Nintendo doesn't have third party games because of that? Is this is your narrative? That's how pointless this is.
The premise of the thread is how 3rd parties are seeing the Switch from now on and if things has changed, so its not pointless in that regards. If Nintendo pays for the developement for MUA3 (seeing that they are the publisher and it being exclusive to the Switch), then thats not a case where a 3rd party has changed. The same goes for Microsoft and Sony too. If people had brought up e.g Spiderman in talk about how 3rd parties are supporting the PS4, people would likely comment that Sony is footing the bill for that game, and not being a 3rd party initiative. The other two examples mentioned in the OP, Crash Team Racing and Mortal Kombat XI, those are games were Activision and Warner Bros respectively most likely has taken the initiative themself to make a Switch version, and releasing them at the same date (i assume) as the other versions. A year ago, maybe that wouldnt have been the case.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The premise of the thread is how 3rd parties are seeing the Switch from now on and if things has changed, so its not pointless in that regards. If Nintendo pays for the developement for MUA3 (seeing that they are the publisher and it being exclusive to the Switch), then thats not a case where a 3rd party has changed. The same goes for Microsoft and Sony too. If people had brought up e.g Spiderman in talk about how 3rd parties are supporting the PS4, people would likely comment that Sony is footing the bill for that game, and not being a 3rd party initiative. The other two examples mentioned in the OP, Crash Team Racing and Mortal Kombat XI, those are games were Activision and Warner Bros respectively most likely has taken the initiative themself to make a Switch version, and releasing them at the same date (i assume) as the other versions. A year ago, maybe that wouldnt have been the case.

I don't think it's just the bolded, but it's also about how Nintendo themselves view third parties and especially Western third parties.

MUA3 is a huge sign of renewed interest from Nintendo in licensing Western third party properties.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's just the bolded, but it's also about how Nintendo themselves view third parties and especially Western third parties.

MUA3 is a huge sign of renewed interest from Nintendo in licensing Western third party properties.
Fair point, i didnt think about that. Do you think that Nintendo will invest more into western third party property going forward?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Fair point, i didnt think about that. Do you think that Nintendo will invest more into western third party property going forward?

I think MUA3 is a clear sign of that, yeah. I could also see them going after the James Bond license again, or as someone earlier in this thread suggested licensing out a Star Wars game whenever EA's rights to it expire.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
With Nintendo dominating Japan, I expect the next big wave of Japanese software to be Switch focused, too big a market to ignore.