• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Some degenerate scum found out and blackmailed her about leaking it to the press, so she's decided to own it.

Transphobia will always be vile and abhorrent, just wish people felt the same when it's being spouted by famous people they find funny. Shit should permanently be in the gutter. Not emboldened by people with windows to millions being invited onto awards shows or given a pass because they're alright if you 'ignore the bad parts'.

This is what that breeds. Trans identities and lives not being treated seriously and only permitted on the conditions of others. I'm proud she's come out to own it even though it must be hell off-camera. Brave and I'm glad her fans by and large have her back.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Whoever put her in that situation is a real asshole, but great for her to find the bravery to take it on and not let the blackmailer win.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Oh that's why #nikkie was trending. Hope she's got real life support to help her through this. Assholes that outted her can rot.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Good for her, fuck the blackmailer.

Her voice is incredible, is that something you just have to practice forever or do hormones help?

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
Very sad that she was forced to do this. She was planning on coming out eventually and now couldn't do it on her own time.

The silver lining though is the overwhelmingly heartwarming response. She also has a lot of young followers. This will no doubt be of help to many of them.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As ever, never tolerate transphobia, in any form. You may not always see the effects it can have, but rest assured, they exist.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow. She's Dutch so i know here from TV (i don't follow make-up youtube channels).
Well, she's Nikkie... And she's great.

Like she says, we're all individuals and we're all a bit different and that's fine.
Fuck judgemental fucks who are unable to deal with that.

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
Wow i had no idea, i don't subscribe to her on Youtube but i do subscribe to some other beauty gurus, and i've watched some of her videos over the years. Good for her for owning it but it sucks she was forced out

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's fucked up. Fuck whoever did this. As for her I hope she stays safe and is able to use this to help others and spreading positive influence while still taking care of herself.

Oct 25, 2017
Really powerful video. I think it'd be great for cis people to use this as a learning opportunity to stop obsessing over people "passing". It's always felt gross. Nobody needs to pass or fit whatever image to make you happy. Especially since it's harder for trans folks who don't have the means to look the way they want.

Nov 27, 2019
God, the fact we live in a world where people can be so trash as to try and blackmail her with this makes me want to scream.

Good on her for pulling the rug right out from under them, but the fact that it ever came to that... Ugh.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Woooowie she knows how to put on Make-Up! Looks amazing! Love the attitude too, more power to her!

En Avant

Alt account
Banned
Dec 28, 2019
Having your stealth broken is incredibly awful even for the average Trans person, but I cannot imagine how much worse it has to be when you're a public figure. I feel so bad for her.

Really powerful video. I think it'd be great for cis people to use this as a learning opportunity to stop obsessing over people "passing". It's always felt gross. Nobody needs to pass or fit whatever image to make you happy. Especially since it's harder for trans folks who don't have the means to look the way they want.

Cis people (yes, even the woke ones) don't accept Trans people regardless of whether they pass or not. That's why passing will always be important, because the only way to actually be seen or treated as the gender you identify as is for people to not know that you're Trans.

Last edited:

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow. She's Dutch so i know here from TV (i don't follow make-up youtube channels).
Well, she's Nikkie... And she's great.

Really? I watched the video not knowing anything about her and assumed she was American(or Canadian). I don't know if this is supposed to be a Dutch accent but she sounds American to me.

Anyways, good on her for taking control of the situation and not letting some asshole take advantage of her the way that person wanted too. I hope she can have more peace of mind going forward from here on out.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
Whoever is doing that is pure scum.

But.. I mean.. it wasn't a well kept secret... no? It was very widely rumored, at any rate. Still, fuck anyone who forces someones hand like that.
Luckily I think she'll have plenty of support from her fan base, and if anything her following will grow because of this.
Fucking awesome how she's dealing with it though. Wish she had legal recourse against her blackmailers.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Having your stealth broken is incredibly awful even for the average Trans person, but I cannot imagine how much worse it has to be when you're a public figure. I feel so bad for her.

Cis people (yes, even the woke ones) don't accept Trans people regardless of whether they pass or not. That's why passing will always be important, because the only way to actually be seen or treated as the gender you identify as is for people to not know that you're Trans.

There's a thread on askreddit if trans people should disclose if they're trans to their potential sex partners. It's full of cis people saying they're not transphobic, but trans people should disclose. I love being reduced down to my genitals.

Thinking about it, since trans people are in more danger when they disclose, perhaps it should be up to cis people to tell US they're not into trans people?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
There's a thread on askreddit if trans people should disclose if they're trans to their potential sex partners. It's full of cis people saying they're not transphobic, but trans people should disclose. I love being reduced down to my genitals.

Thinking about it, since trans people are in more danger when they disclose, perhaps it should be up to cis people to tell US they're not into trans people?

That's not a bad idea. I'm old, married, and out of the dating scene, but hypothetically, that should be easy enough.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
May even lead to a very enlightening conversation for a first/second date. Could probably make some quick conclusions about how accepting someone is as a person in general and save a lot of time and effort.

I posted the same opinion to the askreddit thread. It didn't go nearly as well as here. Thank you for being reasonable. :)

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Really? I watched the video not knowing anything about her and assumed she was American(or Canadian). I don't know if this is supposed to be a Dutch accent but she sounds American to me.

Anyways, good on her for taking control of the situation and not letting some asshole take advantage of her the way that person wanted too. I hope she can have more peace of mind going forward from here on out.

Anecdotally, I follow a few dutch streamers/youtubers and they have a really native sounding North American accent even though they were never born there.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Imagine being so hateful you blackmail someone into divulging something so sensitive. Like, what do you get out of that? What do you gain? How do you benefit?

People are assholes. Hope whoever they are, they get stomped. Real talk.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
It's a real shame that people have to do this.

It isn't just the blackmailer who is the asshole. The blackmailer thinks they have leverage because of the rest of the society eager to react negatively to someone coming out as trans. It's our responsibility to be more welcoming and accepting of trans people which takes away the blackmailer's perceived leverage.

I believe that nobody should have to disclose anything about who they are at any moment, and anybody who is upset or ... mad or something about someone being trans is a fucking immature idiot who has to grow up and realized the world isn't about you.

I don't think I'd be comfortable saying "I'm not into trans people," because, like, I dunno I'm not "into" trans people (like, it's not something that sexually turns me on or something), but I would never go out of my way to *tell someone* that I'm not into them if it's just not relevant. There's all sorts of body types and people that aren't my thing, but I think it's unnecessarily critical for me to go out of my way and tell someone that I'm not into them, sort of like, "okay, why should I care if you're into me or not...?" I feel like me going out of my way to tell someone I'm not into them, without being prompted, is just unneccessarily mean.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

That's a good idea actually.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I believe that nobody should have to disclose anything about who they are at any moment, and anybody who is upset or ... mad or something about someone being trans is a fucking immature idiot who has to grow up and realized the world isn't about you.

I don't think I'd be comfortable saying "I'm not into trans people," because, like, I dunno I'm not "into" trans people (like, it's not something that sexually turns me on or something), but I would never go out of my way to *tell someone* that I'm not into them if it's just not relevant. There's all sorts of body types and people that aren't my thing, but I think it's unnecessarily critical for me to go out of my way and tell someone that I'm not into them, sort of like, "okay, why should I care if you're into me or not...?" I feel like me going out of my way to tell someone I'm not into them, without being prompted, is just mean.

I don't mean to suggest that you should go up to anyone you think is trans and say "I don't want to date you." I think if you're not into dating trans people (and that's perfectly okay) you should tell people you're dating so they can make an informed decision if they want to date you.

How many cis people died because they told people they didn't want to date trans people?

That's a good idea actually.

Thank you.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean to suggest that you should go up to anyone you think is trans and say "I don't want to date you." I think if you're not into dating trans people (and that's perfectly okay) you should tell people you're dating so they can make an informed decision if they want to date you.

How many cis people died because they told people they didn't want to date trans people?

Oh, I get you. I thought you meant in terms of makeup artists, like me posting on this person's page that I'm not into her :D

If anything it might be helpful for dating sites to include that as a setting. Maybe they do these days. I haven't used a dating site in about... 10 years, but back then they exclusively asked your gender and the gender you were interested in, and didn't filter/drill down about whether that gender included trans or anything.

Oct 25, 2017
It's a real shame that people have to do this.

It isn't just the blackmailer who is the asshole. The blackmailer thinks they have leverage because of the rest of the society eager to react negatively to someone coming out as trans. It's our responsibility to be more welcoming and accepting of trans people which takes away the blackmailer's perceived leverage.

I don't think I'd be comfortable saying "I'm not into trans people," because, like, I dunno I'm not "into" trans people (like, it's not something that sexually turns me on or something), but I would never go out of my way to *tell someone* that I'm not into them if it's just not relevant. There's all sorts of body types and people that aren't my thing, but I think it's unnecessarily critical for me to go out of my way and tell someone that I'm not into them, sort of like, "okay, why should I care if you're into me or not...?" I feel like me going out of my way to tell someone I'm not into them, without being prompted, is just unneccessarily mean.

I think it could be done in a much less crude fashion. Out on a date, getting to know people, and while discussing life, politics, movies, have a conversation about how you'd feel about dating a trans man, woman, or nb. I think it would be a super interesting conversation, whether your date is cis or not. Then they can decide based on how you feel, whether or not to pursue a relationship with you.