• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I think what Shanks said is obvious

latest

Luffy vs. Shanks is gonna be hype af

Watch Blackebard killing him too

Who cares about the warlords anymore? What a weird inclusion

They actually don't even exist anymore lol, but Luffy could easily defeat any of them after Wano.

Shanks and Luffy haven't met since Luffy was a kid, so I get why everyone expects them to clasp hands in camaraderie, but Shanks is going to treat Luffy like a grown-ass pirate and grown-ass pirates don't always see eye-to-eye, especially when someone in Luffy's Grand Fleet burned Shank's flag and took over one of his towns.

Shanks is mostly a pacifist, that's why he's on good graces with the WG. If he fights Luffy it will be for "fun".

Last edited:

rognas

Feb 23, 2021
I hope this is the last big arc before the final arc. I rather have smaller interconnected arcs.

I wish that was the case, but considering Oda wants to wrap it up, there isn't a lot of time for many small arcs. He is already rushing it to reach the end and it's showing ( Luffy's power ups back to back in Wano that should have been spread over various smaller arcs for example)

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped watching right after Fishmen Island Arc. I would like to continue watching but knowing there are several hundred episodes waiting and probably still hundred episodes to come is just demotivating lol.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I stopped watching right after Fishmen Island Arc. I would like to continue watching but knowing there are several hundred episodes waiting and probably still hundred episodes to come is just demotivating lol.
I started again this week after stopping for 3 years at Thriller Bark, but this time I'm watching One Pace and it's way better.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in finally finding out the fuck Blackbeard has been doing this whole time, dude has to be the end game here, expecting him to kill Shanks and his crew.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I'm interested in finally finding out the fuck Blackbeard has been doing this whole time, dude has to be the end game here, expecting him to kill Shanks and his crew.

Same. Luffy thought about Ace and Shanks when meeting him for the first time, and well...

I don't expect him killing the whole crew though, would be too much for Oda lol

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
I want to find out what happened to my boy Buggy.

Shanks? Sabo? Vivi? Fuck'em. Buggy is where it's at.

Last edited:

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I always thought Raftel vs laugh tale was a case of broken telephone within the One Piece universe where over time the original name was lost

Is it actually just a translation issue from the manga? That would suck if so 😅
If it was only ever written phonetically, ラフテル, and no one bothered to ask Oda for a romanized version, then it's just what the translators worked out of it.

Like how Mary Geoise was translated totally wrong before it appeared romanized in the manga.

SirShorse

Jul 16, 2020
I thought a few years ago it was said One Piece would be done in a few years, any guesses how long it wil go on for? Until what year?

aidangs

Jan 8, 2019
Void Century? Imu? Please, there's only one plot thread I need to see resolved before this thing ends.
brook_watching_over_laboon.png

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
You know...I just realized most of Warlords are most likely Luffy's ally now --- reluctantly or not.
Luffy's: Hancock, Mihawk, Law, Crocodile(?), Jinbe
Blackbeard's: Moria, Weevil
Neutral: Doflamingo, Buggy

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Here's what happens after Wano.

Strawhats sail to a country controlled by a big baddie and his crew. The big baddie beats Luffy at first to show how strong he his but friendship is magic so Luffy beats him in the rematch while the rest of his crew fight the baddies crew. Stick a helpless princess somewhere in there who may or may not be wearing bikini armor.

Rinse and repeat.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Here's what happens after Wano.

Strawhats sail to a country controlled by a big baddie and his crew. The big baddie beats Luffy at first to show how strong he his but friendship is magic so Luffy beats him in the rematch while the rest of his crew fight the baddies crew. Stick a helpless princess somewhere in there who may or may not be wearing bikini armor.

Rinse and repeat.
You (poorly) described only Alabasta, Dressrosa, and Wano

But sure, let's just ignore Little Garden, Long Ring Island, Water 7/Enies Lobby, Shabaody Archipelago, Whole Cake Island, Punk Hazard, Fishman Island, Zou, Impel Down, and Marineford because they don't fit into the reductionist narrative you're trying to spin

FelRes

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CA
You (poorly) described only Alabasta, Dressrosa, and Wano

But sure, let's just ignore Little Garden, Long Ring Island, Water 7/Enies Lobby, Shabaody Archipelago, Whole Cake Island, Punk Hazard, Fishman Island, Zou, Impel Down, and Marineford because they don't fit into the reductionist narrative you're trying to spin
why are you getting butthurt and replying to obvious bait

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Just please let this Wano arc end already. Awful.

Best arc of the series, easily the best post time-skip.

The backstory, the action and what's at stake for the people…all incredible. Luffy holding his own against Kaido after learning how powerful Kaido truly is…just so good.

This arc will end with Luffy defeating Kaido, Big Mom running away, the samurai killing Kaido, Momo becoming their leader, Wano opening its island to others and Yamato joining the crew. Jimbei and Yamato will have the drinking ceremony with the crew at the same time.

Oct 25, 2017
What would be the point in Luffy fighting the former Warlords? Hancock loves him, Mihawk is being saved for Zoro, and Buggy is... Buggy (putting aside all the jokes). Only one that could be a reasonable threat is Weevil, and we still don't know what his deal is. I have heard theories that his mother was part of the Rocks Pirates.

Wano's in a weird place where it feels like it's wrapping up, but at the same time there's still so much to cover. We still need that Kaido flashback.

Feb 26, 2021
One piece seems geared towards people who use their own imagination to make the story better than it is. Ever since fishman island the story has been back to back prolonged and mostly boring arcs. If it wasn't for the crazy theory crafting and speculating people do on their own, time most people would see this.

It took them 46 chapters to beat Caesar Clown, Monet and Vergo; None of which are showed any feat to make them a serious threat. Dressrosa Arc had very good elements and cool moments but it dragged on forever. Mama's arc was soo long i stopped following it weekly, it also made a joke of the yonkos and their crews.

Wano has been free powerups for everyone to the point it makes the Yonkos seem useless. I had expected more out of the Yonkos and their crews but they've all been jokes so far tbh. Feels like bleach where the story suffers because the end goal is in sight. Which is worst in this case because this story has wasted a lot of time in trash arcs that couldve been used here to make these current arcs more intereresting.

Last edited:

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Wano has been free powerups for everyone to the point it makes the Yonkos seem useless. I had expected more out of the Yonkos and their crews but theyve all been jokes so far tbh.

Kaido and Big Mom aren't even hurt after facing all the Samurais + Supernovas + Straw Hats. Kaido needs to be defeated so the story can progress, though. It's not like Big Mom that can just hang out.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
I still think Big Mom will end this arc being in a non-enemy relationship with Luffy and the Straw Hats.