• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spinx

Oct 27, 2017
How do you know that? Shanks and Black Beard were on the move during reverie. We have no idea what happened during Wano.
Shanks attended a wedding and Blackbeard went to get something before the marines do. They have not interacted with the Straw Hats at all. This new saga starting after Wano when the previous one is called the for yonko saga and the two yonko are still kicking is nothing but a marketing strategy.

Sabo stands no chance against Akainu. Sabo hasn't shown the qualities of a king and Akainu has an advantage when it comes to the devil fruit.

I also don't like people saying Blackbeard is the final villain. The pirate who finds the One Piece won. And it's not going to be Blackbeard. He'll either lose at Lodestar Island or Laugh Tale. The Celestial Dragons have ruled the world for 800 years with Im-sama at the top. Blackbeard unfortunately is just some guy. The WG has gotten rid of those types in the past i.e. Rocks.
No one is coming to Blackbeard's aid to fight the WG. There will be a lot of people coming to Luffy's.

And Luffy has a better shot to get some good marines on his side like Garp, Coby, Smoker, Fujitora and Kuzan. Those poeple are not joining Blackbeard.

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can see 3 arcs being in the last saga

Elbaf
Laughtale
Last battle

A but like how the 4 emperor arc was
Zou
Whole cake island
Wano

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Math says ends in 2026 then.

unknown.png
It is amazing to see how far they come. 2026/2027 would make sense.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
The setting is fine, simply too many characters, too many things happening at once, too many different perspectives. It was just overwhelming and not in a good way. I felt my eyes glazing over as I read and caring less and less.
That's the week to week talking. Took 2 years off and read it all in one binge. Very seamless.No real superfluous plot lines or characters I noticed.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Well, I think there must be a plot twist about the void century that WG/World Noble was right all along.
First Joyboy probably does some unforgiven thing that causes 20 kingdoms against him.
And Form WG to prevent anything that could make happen again.

Roger Crews know about it [Reyleige said they and Ohara are too impatient]

This only explains Why They do not Expose it And Why Gorosei and Shank [who likely is World Noble] seem fine with each other.

Part of me wonders if there might be a 2nd time skip incoming...

Can't be a year. We know that a big war will happen after 2 years tike skip.

Spinx

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I think there must be a plot twist about the void century that WG/World Noble was right all along.
First Joyboy probably does some unforgiven thing that causes 20 kingdoms against him.
And Form WG to prevent anything that could make happen again.

Roger Crews know about it [Reyleige said they and Ohara are too impatient]

This only explains Why They do not Expose it And Why Gorosei and Shank [who likely is World Noble] seem fine with each other.

Can't be a year. We know that a big war will happen after 2 years tike skip.

The Donquixote that ruled Dressrosa before he took his family to Mariejoa was said to be a giant asshole to the Tontatta. I kind of doubt it they were in the right.
And have you seen the celestial dragons? They don't even want to breathe the same air as regular folks. There's a reason the Alabasta Kingdom said nah, fuck that shit we're going back to our Kingdom.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
The Donquixote that ruled Dressrosa before he took his family to Mariejoa was said to be a giant asshole to the Tontatta. I kind of doubt it they were in the right.
And have you seen the celestial dragons? They don't even want to breathe the same air as regular folks. There's a reason the Alabasta Kingdom said nah, fuck that shit we're going back to our Kingdom.

Well, Most of them are bad but When Gorosei talking about Luffy Fruit.

They seem to fear what will happen to the world than what will happen to Them/WG if The Fruit gets Awakened.

Spinx

Oct 27, 2017
Well, Most of them are bad but When Gorosei talking about Luffy Fruit.

They seem to fear what will happen to the world than what will happen to Them/WG if The Fruit gets Awakened.
Well, they would get thrown off their throne made of shit. Countries wouldn't need to pay the Celestial Tribute to be a part of the WG. We've seen Vodka Kingdom wage war with other countries to rob them to get money for it. If you can't pay the tribute you don't get protected by the marines and you're free pickings for pirates. It's just bad. They're a tumor on the world

Adum

May 30, 2019
2-3 arcs left? Hopefully with better pacing
Elbaf
Laugh Tale
Final War with Marines
(Shanks and BB may get their own arcs or be part of one of the arcs above)

Seems so. But a part of me hopes the story once again runs away from Oda and we get another 10+ years of the Strawhats. It's sad knowing the end is in sight.

Can't see Wano gonna end in 2 chapters [1053]

likely that 1054 is still Wano but drop the lore that is important to the final saga.
We'll probably get a proper mini post war arc after the break.

Seeing that tweet was a bittersweet feeling. One Piece has been a part of my life for so long. A high point of my week even when everything else seemed so dark. Maybe it's because it's a weekly release and not a huge novel release every few years, but One Piece is just a constant in my life now. It's got plenty of flaws, but I truly believe it to be a narrative masterpiece despite it's shortcomings and I feel so lucky to be able to read it.

Here's to hoping the live action show is a blast and introduces a new generation to Oda's world.

3BMLBO.gif

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Is it still really bad in Wano?
Thank to a big increase in production it is much better than previous arcs but it is still paced slowly. I dropped the anime hard at dressrosa and I picked up bits in whole cake. I have seen some cool clips at wano and certain episodes are must watch if they are helped by a certain director (ishitani). See episode 1015. I will probably shotgun all of wano in anime and manga when the anime reaches THAT part.

Feb 16, 2022
The pacing issue with the manga is extremely exacerbated by the weekly releases. People tend to forget that longtime readers usually started reading in like late Volume 20s, or Volume 30+. Not to mention many also used to read on a per-volume basis as they come out in their respective countries--this was how I read up until the timeskip.

Basically, OP readers in general likely started feeling like the pacing slows down heavily once they started reading weekly.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
The pacing issue with the manga is extremely exacerbated by the weekly releases. People tend to forget that longtime readers usually started reading in like late Volume 20s, or Volume 30+. Not to mention many also used to read on a per-volume basis as they come out in their respective countries--this was how I read up until the timeskip.

Basically, OP readers in general likely started feeling like the pacing slows down heavily once they started reading weekly.
That's certainly been the same for me. One Piece was a daunting task to start, but it was a comfy ready pretty much the entire way through. I was in control of its pace. Once I got caught up and started reading weekly, things drag a lot more easily. I could easily wait for physical volumes, but I don't have that restraint knowing there's more out there that I can read immediately.

Dec 23, 2017
With Wano coming to a close, I hope we can get One Piece Pirate Warriors 5 with a fully fleshed out Wano arc and Luffy's new form.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
That would be so boring.
i've had a theory that blackbeard wouldn't kill shanks but would instead kill his entire crew leaving only him behind. that would be a worse thing than death to shanks and would be the same for luffy as well. i've always thought that luffy would have somebody from every type of group join him. from an emperors crew he just got yamato. he has law with him to represent the warlords. all he needs is an ex emperor to join him and i can see shanks doing that in the final war. instead of luffy joining shanks like he wanted to when he was young shanks would join him in the future and pretty much cement luffy becoming the pirate king. from the marines i think coby would be that representative in the final war with him representing sword.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
We'll get a spinoff manga by another author called Two Piece that follows the offspring of the original characters

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
Things I want to see before the end:
- Mihawk going all out
- Shanks going all out
- Why Benn Beckman is considered one of the most intelligent characters.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
- Why Benn Beckman is considered one of the most intelligent characters.

I mean that was just in the context of East Blue, a very looooooong time ago, I'm sure he'll be a levelheaded character and all, but I wouldn't expect anything particularly noteworthy regarding his intellect

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
There's a lot of story here left:

A lot of the worst generation are still making moves.
Luffy's fleet of 10,000 are supposed to do something which shakes the world.
The schibukai were disbanded and are now being hunted (Mihawk is due an arc)
Shank's Ponyglyph.
The whole deal with the revolutionaries and what went down with Sabo.
The celestial dragons, the goresei and Imu (what Imu wants with Vivi).
Fishman Island and Shirohige.
Sword and the marines (Coby, Smoker) and what Kuzan has been up to.
Blackbeard and his whole thing.
Elbaf.
Laugh tale.
The war after finding One Piece.
The whole thing with the moon (I personally think the dream Luffy and Roger share is simply going to the moon).

Phew, Oda this is a hell of a story you've crafted. I'm sure I've forgotten a lot of plot threads here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing with the moon (I personally think the dream Luffy and Roger share is simply going to the moon).

Seems unlikely after Ch. 1049, its likely tied to Luffy telling Kaido he wants a world where his friends can eat as much as they want in. Hard to picture the exact wording of his dream that would also be something you could see Roger saying, but yea, unlikely to be moon related

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I really, really hope we get some small random islands. I looked forward to the mystery of the next island just as much as anything else. After Enies the hype kind of grew for post-island info dumps but I really miss that pre-island feeling.

Hope we get to see plenty of everyones new forms. I want to see all that hype.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
Love the idea, but maybe a bit too dark for OP
its gonna get darker as we go on. we already got some actual deaths from the raid. blackbeard already killed an emperor but we haven't seen him wipe out a crew. i think blackbeard would love to do this just to show shanks how superior he is.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
This art always hurts me

Poor Nami.... post-timeskip OP designs were overall not good :(

Agreed. I don't think anyone came out looking better and I think the series was overall better too with the cast. Franky went from a rough but loving guy to a showoff guy, Usopp stopped sniping, Chopper and Sanji aren't the same, feels like they just have miracle food and medicine, no one really talks about their dreams anymore besides supporting Luffy, etc... Still love it all but an A series became B+ for me. Still my fave.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pre timeskip was better than post time skip. But I don't mind the designs for the most part. But Robin's and Nami's changes were uh….overboard.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Seems unlikely after Ch. 1049, its likely tied to Luffy telling Kaido he wants a world where his friends can eat as much as they want in. Hard to picture the exact wording of his dream that would also be something you could see Roger saying, but yea, unlikely to be moon related

I think Luffy and Roger both want to hold the world's biggest feast/party, which would go along with the constant theme of holding a big feast after every arc.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
I actually like Robin's design, at least the idea behind of the outfit. It reflects her character development as now she's more laid back and not thinking overly dark about stuff before time skip. But yeah, the design of the outfit is really bad and I wish Oda can design one without showing much of her skin.