• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
D1IhVGHWkAAOnFp.png

Listing it as US TV show separates it from the anime that is already on netflix in some regions.

With netflix throwing big money around along with working on the Cowboy Bebop series many (including myself) thought Netflix would also be making/working on this series to since the same Production House working on the One Piece live action series, Tomorrow Studios is the same studio doing Cowboy Bebop.

We also have a Jump inside man/leaker YonkouProductions talking about it so its looking more likely then ever:

One Piece Podcast which reports alot of offical One Piece news has also reported:

Can I call making the OT for the live action show?

Make me walk the plank if old.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
There's no possible way this will be good with the powers that need to be shown as well as the amount of story to be adapted.

May it end quickly but what is made be a hilarious train wreck.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
THe anime adaptation train-wreck to end all trainwrecks. Of course it happens when One Piece is at it's peak of worldwide popularity

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna be awful. I'm not a One Piece fan at all, but a live-action adaptation would pretty much destroy anything that makes the series even work in the first place.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
This sounds like it's going to be a train wreck. A live-action DBZ series would even be better than a One Piece series. The set/world design is so insane after the first few arcs that you would need a massive budget. Not to mention the massive amounts of CGI needed for the main character's powers.

Ventilaator

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This existing was announced a while ago.

But yeah, it's impossible for me to imagine a good version of this. Just...no. You can't. One Piece is the only story I can think of that might actually be unfilmable.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
As a One Piece fan, I'm well aware that a) this is going to be absolutely awful and b) I'm going to watch this because I'm an idiot

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Can't see Oda's unique designs apply well to a live action series ... it will be live action, right?

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
They should embrace the sillyness and use purposely bad special effects for the powers.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
Haven't we known that this was in production for a while? They straight up announced it at a Comic Con panel and Oda has mentioned working on it.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still baffled on how they're going to do this. It would literally need an MCU level budget to work. I'd be amazed if they make it into something palatable.

RJeddy

Dec 4, 2017
Was this always a Netflix show? I could have sworn this was announced for something like Showtime but that may be a Mandela effect type of thing going on since I can't find any proof of that...

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
... yeah, this is one of the least adaptable things I can think of. Everything from One Piece's character designs, its world, its fullness, and the ridiculous powers all seem incredibly difficult to convincingly adapt. I can't see this being both entertaining and resembling One Piece.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still baffled on how they're going to do this. It would literally need an MCU level budget to work. I'd be amazed if they make it into something palatable.

You know exactly how. Every character design will be normalized and they will only use their powers rarely except for battles which will be a couple per season at most. Most episodes will consist of the cast standing around talking in the same couple of places.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
You know exactly how. Every character design will be normalized and they will only use their powers rarely except for battles will be a couple per season at most.
I'm not against this entirely, the story in One Piece is strong enough to carry the series by itself however at the same time I don't want it to not resemble the series it's adapting either.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They will turn OP into a character drama, I can see it. Luffy speaking about loss and feelings with Nami. And they'll be an item. I'm scared. Hold me

Oct 25, 2017
*sees the other side's thoughts*
*people screeching about how they're going to make Nami a fat black woman because America*
... Do these people listen to themselves when they talk?

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Rumored to be 9 to 10 million US dollars per episode which is in the same ballpark as Game Of Thrones I think
I feel like this is money down the drain but i don't know. GoT barely manages convincing CGI and all they have is dragon's and snow men.

Regardless this will certainly be something....