• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Shit, spoilers 1 week early are killing me.
Also going by your reactions something not good is happening to "him", now im super curious.

Last edited:

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I would have lost my mind if you implied that Gin was back, i would immediately click on the spoilers.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
as funny as those spoilers may be, that's probably close to what's going to happen soon
I didn't consider luffy doing super cringe stuff to unnerve katakuri... oda pls don't go overboard with that if it is the case.

i don't get the love for gin tbh
We have been waiting for Gin for what? 20 years? I don't need him to come back honestly, but it has become like a legend lol

Now it needs to happen.

Gin for yonko.

Law

Oct 27, 2017
and everyone is going to believe on luffy because?... in this moment "The your mama is fat" joke is the more reasonable way to beat kata. /jk

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Do they even like their mom that much

Or at all

I imagine they're more loyal out of fear and pragmatism

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think they have all kind of members, from the legitimate loyal ones to the pragmatics.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
True but If she died they will probably be unhappy of the lost of power and go "oh well at least we had Brother Katakuri"

And Katakuri would be more stressed and have more snack time as a result

Oct 25, 2017
Bleg atm:
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I didn't expect to get spoiled on Soma in a One Piece thread so thanks I guess.

This is what happens when Oda takes a week off.

Oct 26, 2017
Greg confirms that Katakuri's comment on Armament Haki isn't about different levels. "Levels" is the closest English equivalent, but Kata's not deferring that there are actual levels or tiers of Armament Haki.

EDIT 1:
Greg said Oda is a Kingdom fan.
And earlier, he hinted that the sun-like sphere in the wall markings on the Moon in the Enel cover-story might be a Devil Fruit.

EDIT 2: Greg mentioned that Oda tries hard not to use modern terminology in One Piece so it doesn't date his work.

EDIT 3: Greg says he's still crushed that the giant hole in Enies Lobby didn't lead to the water fountain at Water Seven.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Greg theorizes that the counterculture of anime fans attaching to the otherness of the angular Japanese character designs and heavy Japanese culture is probably one of the reasons why One Piece doesn't do too well on U.S. and U.K. television.
One Piece is a very western concept (pirates) and western looking (the characters are Disneyesque), so some Western anime/manga fans reject it because it looks like what they're used to seeing in their countries.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Greg says that the counterculture of anime fans attaching to the otherness of the angular Japanese character designs and heavy Japanese culture is probably one of the reasons why One Piece doesn't do too well on U.S. and U.K. television.
One Piece is a very western concept (pirates) and western looking (the characters are Disneyesque), so some Western anime/manga fans reject it because it looks like what they're used to seeing in their countries.

Yeah, I've had this thought for awhile.

PeacefulDream

Oct 25, 2017
Why do the Heart Pirates have a submarine? That seems like a weirdly advanced piece of technology for a random young pirate to have.

OP
OP
Reyes
Greg theorizes that the counterculture of anime fans attaching to the otherness of the angular Japanese character designs and heavy Japanese culture is probably one of the reasons why One Piece doesn't do too well on U.S. and U.K. television.

Makes sense.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
One Piece doesn't look 'cool'/'edgy', that's is something that will always throw some people back.

Their loss

Oct 26, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/7cvj48/project_dawn_leaks/
Traveling from Vancouver to Ontario I was on orojackson looking at one piece stuff and started talking with a guy who "claimed" to work for Bandai Namco who is working on Project Dawn... (But wouldn't give me his name)

PLEASE TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN... A PILE OF SALT, BECAUSE I'M SCEPTICAL

So first off Project Dawn's official title is One Piece Grand Glory

The main villain is a Mercenary/Assassin who is also a former slave that was freed when Fisher Tiger attacked Mariejois, apparently he was a relatively good person from the East Blue until he was enslaved and after he was freed he turned criminal

The game spans across 4 islands that are in a seamless open world

In his words "Think of the map from the game Just Cause 2, but with a Zelda Breathe of the Wild feel"

3 of the islands are on the Ocean and are themed differently (winter, dessert, and tropical) while the other is a man made island in the sky above the other 3, also this man made island will be 70% the size of the other 3 islands combined

Again in his words "Like Columbia from Bioshock"

The game apparently will feature all the Straw Hat as playable characters and also other unlockable characters (Ace, Smoker and Tashigi) for different gameplay

As for fighting mechanics all this guy told me was, and again this is in his words

"It's like Burning Blood but with Pirate Warriors gameplay speed"

"You can come across large groups of enemies in the open world but when it comes to boss fights it gets 1on1 and cinematic" . . . . Now my personal opinion is that it's BULLSHIT and he's just a One Piece fan that just happen to come across another fan

But being polite I listen to what he was saying and didn't give him much credibility, but thought it was interesting enough to share on here

So what do you think? Is this BULLSHIT or could these be actual "LEAKS"
One Piece equivalent of "My uncle works at Nintendo".

Status
Not open for further replies.