• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Reyes
fe2.png

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I am missing out on a lot of crucial discourse by knowing nothing about Bleach.

Maybe I'll start reading it after I finish Jojo. Though that may be too big of a quality whiplash.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I've been considering marathoning the other 2 of the original "big 3", against my better judgement. I did read them all at one point.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
I keep hearing so much about jojo but the ugly ass art and character design is turning me off so much

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Watch the anime, when you will be starting the manga the art changes to something more stylized

The early manga is pretty rough in its style

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
So I just looked, there are 20 one piece OPs now? I thought it'd be fun to go through all 20 and rank them all:

Top Tier
Share the World (OP 11)
We Are (OP 1)
We Go (OP 15)
Hikari-e (OP 3)

High Tier
Brand New World (OP 6)
We Are (OP 10)
Koko no Chizu (OP 5)
Wake Up (OP 17)

Mid Tier
Fight Together (OP 14)
We Are: Strawhat Version (OP 7)
Hard Knock Days (OP 18)
Believe (OP 2)
We Can (OP 19)

Low Tier
Jungle P (OP 9)
Bon Voyage (OP 4)
Hands Up (OP 16)

Bottom Tier
Kaze wo Sagashite (OP 12)
Hope (OP 20)
Crazy Rainbow (OP 8)
One Day (OP 13)

I might edit this list later, I was shuffling it around rightup to the end.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The big problem with Jim Jam's artstyle is how much it changes in part 4 and beyond.

Part 1-3: Lovely, inspired by Fist of the North Star. Everyone is big and beefy.
Part 4+: ENDLESS TRASH only worth reading because the story is still good.

It's even worse when the author decides to redraw a part 1-3 character and makes them super ugly like he's forgotten how to draw.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
The big problem with Jim Jam's artstyle is how much it changes in part 4 and beyond.

Part 1-3: Lovely, inspired by Fist of the North Star. Everyone is big and beefy.

It's even worse when the author decides to redraw a part 1-3 character and makes them super ugly like he's forgotten how to draw.

Highly disagree, part 4 has some very charming art, and part 7 has standout panels.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Araki's art is topnotch. The way it evolved over time is just wonderful.

You don't see it that often in manga.

That said Part 1 is pretty rough (it was a 80's manga after all). After part 4 midway it got quite stylish. No part really looks the same.

I do find it odd to criticize the art of Jojo when the start of One Piece throws so many people off as well.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So true. He's gotten to a point though where at least the art is technically very good though. I always die a little inside when Jotaro pops up again. And Polnareff...

Araki's art is topnotch. The way it evolved over time is just wonderful.

You don't see it that often in manga.

That said Part 1 is pretty rough (it was a 80's manga after all). After part 4 midway it got quite stylish. No part really looks the same.

I do find it odd to criticize the art of Jojo when the start of One Piece throws so many people off as well.
I prefer early One Piece as well lol

Obviously it's still very good though

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty funny to look at the Jojonium covers and see how barely recognizable some are.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can understand why some people like the simple less detail style early on in OP.
But i love current style since it so detail .
Aside from Oda making women breast to big everything else is so much better IMO.
For eg his inking and shading alone times better than early on.
I think I wouldn't like old style if it was still being made today, but it has a simple charm like early Dragon Ball that makes me feel warm and happy.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Okay thx for the replies guys. I have always been curious about jojo but i couldn't get over the art. Since everyone recommends it i will give it a try when i have more free time. Looking forward to it.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Okay thx for the replies guys. I have always been curious about jojo but i couldn't get over the art. Since everyone recommends it i will give it a try when i have more free time. Looking forward to it.

You'll see stands, nen and devil fruits as basically one concept with different implementations.

At least I did. Used to love shaman king as a kid, but I reread it and man it sucks. That's probably the worst stando bullshit implementation.

Oct 25, 2017
The anime just got to the first of Brook's many awesome moments this arc. Revealing his ability to nullify Homies. SOUL KING BABY!

I get the feeling the anime will end off the same place as the manga did last year. With the reveal of Evil Pudding and Sanji reduced to tears.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
New episode was decent. A little disappointed there wasn't more Brook but at least other things actually happened.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
Bleach had a cool rap intro. so theres that.

Thinkin of it makes me nolstagic.

Man I remember when canadian tv use to dedicate saturday nights to anime. pretty sure they got rid of that. I remember YTV showing DBZ, Naruto, Inuyasha (which apparently was the whole reason for this anime block), Zatch Bell, Gundam, FMA, death note.

It was a good time to be a canadian kid in the mid 2000s

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all know that show with the character that likes One Piece, Inuyashiki? Just binged it all in one go, it is hilariously dark, quite the enjoyable watch.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot there's no OP this week. It's pretty much slow week in Shonen's land story progression wise, at least from what i'm following. And there's till Tokyo Ghoul:re coming which will certainly be a depressing piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.