• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Post some Carrot stuff, for old time's sake

bed626d624fac22ce0753ba8b4ad2efe.png

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yo why are they spending SO much time on Flambe in this stream?

Really? I thought it was gonna be a lot worse. Unless you mean in general, not the "incident", because yea, some like Roger weren't happy at how late she was introduced.

Personally I don't really see the issue, especially with the presumption that she'll be relevant later on when Katakuri loses.

OP
OP
Reyes
Really? I thought it was gonna be a lot worse. Unless you mean in general, not the "incident", because yea, some like Roger weren't happy at how late she was introduced.

Personally I don't really see the issue, especially with the presumption that she'll be relevant later on when Katakuri loses.
It feels like they spent 30 minutes on it basically here and there so far.

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
*reading reactions to comments about 12 hour streams*
*realizes he streams playing a game/talking about a game series for near similar amounts of times at time*
*nervously shakes*

Carrot stuff?

Can't wait to go full Kaku in World Seeker

c44.gif

This is still one of the best animated scenes in all of One Piece and one of my favorite "nostalgic" sights from the series as a whole. Sure sure, running and leaping into a free fall is an anime opening staple at this point, but something about it combined with the locale of Water 7 is just a huge "I really love this sense of scale and openness" moment for me.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like they spent 30 minutes on it basically here and there so far.

Sounds about right.

Carrot stuff.

This is still one of the best animated scenes in all of One Piece and one of my favorite "nostalgic" sights from the series as a whole. Sure sure, running and leaping into a free fall is an anime opening staple at this point, but something about it combined with the locale of Water 7 is just a huge "I really love this sense of scale and openness" moment for me.

I feel the exact same way.

I know it may be a joke but I would like to see some CP9 now 0 members.

Though it may just be Lucci since Kaku hasn't been shown yet unlike Lucci and Spadam.

Even if its Kaku Lucci talking to in Dressrosa.

No, I completely agree with you, I would love to see them both again. Not all of them though, it'd be lame if they were all CP0 members. I wonder how high Lucci's ranking is.

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017

This was a thing I found myself disagreeing to varying shades about while listening to the Reverie. I think I just have a high tolerance for it, especially with One Piece, but the character introductions have always felt like Oda setting up faces within the Big Mom pirate crew for a later encounter, presumably a persistent chasing fleet that will probably wind up following the Straw Hats after this arc and probably after Wano wherein the focus shifts to another SH vs Emperor free for all (maybe near Elbaf?). I do kinda/sorta agree though that thinking about it for a bit, the second run through the Seducing Woods and other little things (including the actual reveal panels for these characters) kinda eat at the pacing of what should be the escape sequence for the entire crew but, in the case of the character intros, that's mostly due to the limitations of the medium than it just being a bad time to put up some more characters. Big Mom's crew is massive and it stands to have as many important pieces at least mentioned for either this arc's ending or a future arc's progression just so it doesn't feel like characters pop out of nowhere.

At the same time, I do find it weird how a lot of the sentiments seemed as though people were down on the things going on because the focus isn't more on Luffy vs. Katakuri.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If Flampe ever meets Barto, it will literally be completely worth it for the interactions alone. That said, I found her to be far more endearing in a timeframe as opposed to that random son that got introduced, the one that was speaking to Perospero.

As for the fight, I mean, I get it. Between the breaks and going back and forth between it and the cake stuff, it takes the wind out of its sails a bit. Now I've ended up being far more interested in the cake stuff, especially now that it has finally arrived, to the point where spending time on the fight irks me a bit because I really want to fucking see how Big Mom reacts to the damn cake lol

Also doesn't help that this is technically a repeat of their previous encounter, where we're just waiting for Luffy to go Gear 4 again, nor did Katakuri use a new move last week. Anyways, I'm sure the conclusion will be thrilling, though it seemingly will have to settle for being the 2nd best fight Luffy's ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.