• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I like literally every single Big Mam pirate that has a title card or is named. Fantastic crew. No idea how she ever wasn't able to beat Whitebeard with his crew of Jabronis+One Pineapple.
Because they had Whitebeard who was the strongest and got destroyed without him or are getting destroyed

but seriously I think it's because they didn't have an arc as villains that they didn't look as good and were fighting impressive

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Part of the reason I'm slightly down on Marineford is that I don't by and large like the whitebeard bros. Luckily Whitebeard more than makes up for his crew.

The crewmembers I kinda like are Oars Jr., Squardo, and the sword guy. Jozu is a chief Jabroni. Pineapple is only fun because he's clearly going to be important soon.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I see this thread has entered it's final form it was inevitable.

There's only going to be one winner. You all realise this right.

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
Big Mom pirate crew honestly looks far more endgame than current arc material. They're so thematically diverse while basically behaving like a mob comprised of arc bosses. That is so jarring to think about when you think about manga/anime "isms" as a whole.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Big Mom pirate crew honestly looks far more endgame than current arc material. They're so thematically diverse while basically behaving like a mob comprised of arc bosses. That is so jarring to think about when you think about manga/anime "isms" as a whole.

They'll likely be the first antagonist group to not get defeated. They're almost too big.

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, I still give it to Blackbeard's crew for the sake of One Piece's final 1-v-1s due to their parallel relationship to the Straw Hats. I'm just talking from the angle of these things taken in a vacuum.

Sibersk Esto

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say the BM Pirates come off like arc bosses. It's hard to explain but their designs are good but not singularly imposing enough.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of Whitebeard's crew felt underwhelming because so many of them have basically nothing unique. Outside of his crews top 5ish, no one else really had anything to stand out while nearly everyone in Big Mom's crew has a devil fruit. With Whitebeard's crew you had things like the brothers with animal paws and the guy with the electric looking mustache but they didn't really do anything most characters can't do.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We can talk about Blackbeard's crew when we see them again, and like, actually get to know the new recruits. (Not that the older ones beat Big Mom's crew to begin with...)

For now, Big Mom's crew is sitting pretty at the top.

And yea, obviously not all of them look like "arc bosses"

Sibersk Esto

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe not necessarily all of them but Katakuri, Oven and Amande definitely do to me.

Katakuri's an easy answer but he's too reserved to be a main One Piece villain. A One Piece arc villain shouldn't be without a mouth.

Disagree on Oven and Amande, those are prime minion designs.

Law

Oct 27, 2017

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
BM crew have the best designs withou doubts, not only the big names but several underlings have unique and good designs.

MsMuerta

Nov 8, 2017
I think there was a lack of planning. Like of course Luffy and co. have to face bigger adversaries, that's why Mom has the best crew. However, you established Whitebeard and his teammates as being at the same level as the other Yonkous and making it so none of them has access to Raftiel but... Whitebeard's band is clearly, vastly inferior to Big Mom's no contest

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If Oda could do somethings good with food themed DFs I think he can do the same with animal themed ones, specially with all the mythical beasts he could introduce.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Last thing I want is for Oda to dilute Mythical Zoans, even if it is a Yonko crew. Outside of his top 3 underlings and Kaido himself, no one better have one.

I'll allow more leeway with Ancient Zoans however.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I think there was a lack of planning. Like of course Luffy and co. have to face bigger adversaries, that's why Mom has the best crew. However, you established Whitebeard and his teammates as being at the same level as the other Yonkous and making it so none of them has access to Raftiel but... Whitebeard's band is clearly, vastly inferior to Big Mom's no contest

I don't know if I would say vastly inferior. The back end of Whitebeard's crew is clearly weaker than Big Mom's but I'm not convinced the highest captains of his crew are that much weaker than Big Mom's. The top 3 of his crew lost to Admiral's and the sword guy with rose petals had a draw with Mihawk (though Mihawk wasn't that serious).

Oct 26, 2017
Kaido is so gonna have an oni fruit.

I can see one of his calamities having a mythical zoan since we one already has an ancient one. We're definitely going to get some crazy martial arts though.

MsMuerta

Nov 8, 2017
I just love how Shanks' crew is a bunch of random normal af guys with seemingly no special abilities.

Well, they might all have all the 3 types of Haki or something. Usopp's father will certainly have the observation one

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really even think about how wild it's going to be jumping into an arc with a ancient/feudal Japan slant full of anthromorphs with wild martial arts. It's like if Strong World decided to do a second take with bigger potential stakes.

Edit: I def think Shanks' crew is all "normies" but with stupid strong Haki/"spirit". Also don't think they miss a step versus everyone else at that tier in the verse.

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't really even think about how wild it's going to be jumping into an arc with a ancient/feudal Japan slant full of anthromorphs with wild martial arts. It's like if Strong World decided to do a second take with bigger potential stakes.

People keep downplaying what Kaido's crew will be like when CP9 gave us 3 incredible and different zoan fights.

Sibersk Esto

Oct 25, 2017
>possibility of Wano having Ninja Monster girls

OLJjWMu.jpg

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
If that devil fruit actually existed the main power obviously would not be shown, probably flight, absorb energy though just normal touch, other random things depending on what version of succubi oda uses. Of course an SBS question would ask if the obvious is possible, and Oda would make a joke, and say yes.

Now would there be a harpy devil fruit since monet already did that through other means.

Status
Not open for further replies.