• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
256Dc1n.png

Greetings and welcome to our One Piece community thread! Here we discuss the latest chapters of One Piece as they release with spoiler tags only before scanlation release days (typically Thursdays) as well as the latest anime episodes every Saturday.
DO NOT POST SCANS IN THIS THREAD. Additionally, please support the official release by purchasing the volumes!

Main Forces:
Straw Hat Pirates (9 Members, soon to be 10)
Luffy | Zoro | Nami | Usopp | Sanji | Chopper | Robin | Franky | Brook | Jimbei*
7r1YHQr.png

*Still in Queue
FM8TkcR.png

Straw Hat Grand Fleet (8000+ Members):
Cavendish (75) | Bartolomeo (56) | Sai (1000) | Ideo (4) | Leo (200) | Hajrudin (5) | Orlumbus (7300)
6Q9OKmW.png

Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance:
nAzJC9E.jpg

3dGU5Dd.png
TyQOr85.png

yhCLmQ2.png

IS OVEEEEEERRRRRR!!!
Guys, just a reminder. No mentioning scan sites at all. You can say "the usual place," "the place we all go," "the guys that translate the chapter," whatever silly little euphemism you want. You just can't say anything identifying. No names, no initials. No watermarks on pics posted in the thread. This goes for every single manga thread on this site.

This is the only warning this thread gets.

Last edited:

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
New episode today. Wasn't expecting nearly half of it to be Bege's backstory.

Only 1 new episode in the next 3 weeks is going to break me.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't like that the anime just wholesale lifted the "Sanji gets stabbed by Nami's words" gag. Doesn't really work outside a manga panel.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
After Wano, the Supernovas are going to have to team up if they want to take down Luffy. Way too many allies and strong members on his crew. I'm sure they'll (Kidd, Apoo, Drake, Hawkins) really get a sense of the scale of Luffy's allies in comparison to their own.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Snakeman is my favorite Luffy form thus far equal with Gear 2. Man when Luffy first revealed Gear 2 the doors were blown off.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little disappointed with the updated opening. The Luffy vs Katakuri part is cool but I was hoping for something tea party related.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
From the other thread:
I could never forget about you!
(I mean, I wasn't on GAF I'm new here but I'm not forgetting about you now.)

Thanks man. There's really cool people in here and it's not so overpopulated like AnimeGAF or MangaGAF was back in the day (I guess they're called AnimEra and MangaEra now?).

The anime is good to great right now. Animation has been really upgraded since there's been a staff change apparently. And as far as pacing is concerned, maybe it's just as slow I don't know cause I haven't checked the wiki but you definitely don't notice it as much because, like Lotus said a couple weeks ago, the multiple plots going on at once during this arc absolutely work wonders for a TV episode. So you don't feel the pacing like you would with Dressrosa.
I was out of the anime but caught up a few weeks ago after Bleg posted some great gifs and I don't regret it. (I suggest starting from after the Sanji vs Luffy duel but that's just me)

That's great to hear. I guess I'll start with Sanji vs Luffy since I want to see that fight animated if the animation is decent.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
the op needs more Katakuri memes, but otherwise is good for me.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So Snake Man is just Gear Second with Gear Fourth abilities with an emphasis on snake themed abilities including Python from Bound/Bounce Man? I'm kiiinda disappointed. It looks cool though. I hope the next chapter doesn't just begin with the aftermath of their attacks. I wanna know what King Cobra actually is.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New thread looks great! Great work Imperial Bishop!

Hopefully with the new thread, we also get new people or lurkers who feel like taking this opportunity to post more often.

Though now I feel naked and lost without my original poster tag.

SillyHairyApe-size_restricted.gif
Yeah this is gonna take some getting used to.

The time of Wano is almost upon us.
I legitimately LOSE SLEEP thinking about and hyping myself up for Wano man. Hype Levels are unreal.
New thread! Sabo rules!
These are the kind of truths we need to lay down from the get go with this new thread.

So Snake Man is just Gear Second with Gear Fourth abilities with an emphasis on snake themed abilities including Python from Bound/Bounce Man? I'm kiiinda disappointed. It looks cool though. I hope the next chapter doesn't just begin with the aftermath of their attacks. I wanna know what King Cobra actually is.

I think it may also use his improved Observation Haki. Like, since his arms are changing trajectories really quickly while stretching really fast maybe he's using Future Sight to be able to do it accurately.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I think it may also use his improved Observation Haki. Like, since his arms are changing trajectories really quickly while stretching really fast maybe he's using Future Sight to be able to do it accurately.

It kind of seems like Luffy's brute force solution to some of his problems. I need an attack to combat the giant monsters of this island? Let me make an even bigger fist than before. This guy's Observation Haki is so on point that he almost seems to predict my attacks? Let me move so fast that he can't possibly react in time. Except he still kinda does.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was reminded by the OP that Usopp currently has a higher bounty than Sanji, which is really funny.
I wonder if Sanji, and the other SH, will somehow get new bounties after WCI. They haven't done anything that directly affects the Navy but they did show that their Threat Level has increased so I don't know. Maybe the bird dude gets the news out and the WG puts out new posters to be safe. It'd be funny if Sanji got a new Epithet, like Usopp, Franky and Brook did, related to his cooking.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
It kind of seems like Luffy's brute force solution to some of his problems. I need an attack to combat the giant monsters of this island? Let me make an even bigger fist than before. This guy's Observation Haki is so on point that he almost seems to predict my attacks? Let me move so fast that he can't possibly react in time. Except he still kinda does.

I feel like that's the limit to what Luffy can do until awakening, which he's not getting for awhile.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Btw is it Dogtooth or Katakuri? The scanlations I'm reading translate his name to Dogtooth but is Katakuri more accurate? Both the anime and the wiki refer to him as such.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Btw is it Dogtooth or Katakuri? The scanlations I'm reading translate his name to Dogtooth but is Katakuri more accurate? Both the anime and the wiki refer to him as such.
It is Katakuri, quickly switch your scanlation site.

Dogtooth, and the other bames for Inurashi and Nekomamushi are stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.