• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I... I might buy every One Piece volume available tomorrow 1-87 (Has 88-89 been released in US? Can't find them where I live, only up to 87) I just ordered the rest of the Vagabond volumes I missed. The only problem with buying One Piece 1-87 is space honestly...

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I am actually rereading the manga and just finished the Skypiea arc. My god it's so good, Noland, Shandora, the bell. Everything about it is just amazing.
Yup Skypeia is an amazing arc in the manga. Great pace, amazing villain, and everything involving Noland the liar it even has a great arc before it to hype it up. Speaking of which how did you like Jaya?

I enjoyed it a lot. Cricket and his boys are obviously really good. The introduction of Blackbeard and his crew is just stellar. And also quite remarkable when you consider that these folks introduced as complete goofballs are probably the last bosses of the series. I love the way they just care about bounties there and how that ties into the way they treat Luffy, leading to that amazing "100 Million Berry Man" chapter. And obviously the Bellamy punch is fantastic but this time I had an even greater appreciation for them not fighting at first. It puts a lot more value on every single fight in the series when we have such a clear example of a situation where the main characters just thought the people in front of them were simply not worth their energy.

1000% agree.

YES!! It's something I started appreciating much more about One Piece when I realized in some other series that as an arc was ending, I had no clear idea what was meant to be next. In One Piece, you can enjoy what's in front of you while always having very exciting stuff to look forward to, all brilliantly contextualized by what you read before thanks to excellent set ups.
I swear Cricket and co don't get enough love. Is always a fun romp seeing them goof around and hell I always get a little sad when they get ransacked by Bellamy. Speaking of love, I think Blackbeard and his crews introduction is one of my favorites in all of One Piece. Comes out of nowhere and even gives us a legendary moment when Luffy, Nami, and Zoro leave the bar. Glad you brought up the 100 million berry man thing too. The way Oda handled it is easily my favorite bounty increase reveals in the whole series. Shit was satisfying as hell. And don't even get me started on how awesome Luffy and Zoro not fighting is.

Low-key one of my favorite benefits to Oda finding ways for islands to be connected to each other was the amount of presence it gave Doflamingo. You see the dude dicking around on multiple islands before Luffy even gets to fight him. So you know when Luffy finally takes him down. A criminal empire is going with it.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I... I might buy every One Piece volume available tomorrow 1-87 (Has 88-89 been released in US? Can't find them where I live, only up to 87) I just ordered the rest of the Vagabond volumes I missed. The only problem with buying One Piece 1-87 is space honestly...
I feel that. My family got me some of the box One Piece manga collections and although I love it. Finding the space to put most of the volumes is a pain lol. And volume 88 will be released on November the 6th!

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I feel that. My family got me some of the box One Piece manga collections and although I love it. Finding the space to put most of the volumes is a pain lol. And volume 88 will be released on November the 6th!
Yeah, I live in a fairly small apartment, alone luckily. But like, my drawers are either filled with clotes, movies, games etc. I have a bookshelf with all my PS4, PS3 and Switch titles, all my books and manga. It'll be tight to fit everything if I buy all of One Piece. Since Im beginning to collect a lot more manga, I was thinking of buying another bookcase, and there's the second problem. I don't have space for another bookcase lol

MonkeySleeve

Nov 15, 2017
Yup Skypeia is an amazing arc in the manga. Great pace, amazing villain, and everything involving Noland the liar it even has a great arc before it to hype it up. Speaking of which how did you like Jaya?
Liked it, but not as much as Skypiea tho. Love the introduction of Blackbeard there, you really just think he is just some drunk pirate that has some illusion he can be a big shot. But we all know how that turns out :P

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
characterb_art.png

Meltan for smash.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Yeah, I live in a fairly small apartment, alone luckily. But like, my drawers are either filled with clotes, movies, games etc. I have a bookshelf with all my PS4, PS3 and Switch titles, all my books and manga. It'll be tight to fit everything if I buy all of One Piece. Since Im beginning to collect a lot more manga, I was thinking of buying another bookcase, and there's the second problem. I don't have space for another bookcase lol
man I most certainly feel that

Liked it, but not as much as Skypiea tho. Love the introduction of Blackbeard there, you really just think he is just some drunk pirate that has some illusion he can be a big shot. But we all know how that turns out :P
Yup an absolute fantastic reveal. Thought he was gonna be a cool one off guy for a second till the reveal a few seconds later lmao.

To answer Lotus's question I think Kaido is there for a separate reason. After all he does come down and say "Bring me those children" which makes me think Kaido only comes down to Wano in his dragon form to fuck with villigers and take kids. After all they do Worship Kaido so I wouldn't be surprised if they think he is an actual Dragon and give him anything he wants.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
To answer Lotus's question I think Kaido is there for a separate reason. After all he does come down and say "Bring me those children" which makes me think Kaido only comes down to Wano in his dragon form to fuck with villigers and take kids. After all they do Worship Kaido so I wouldn't be surprised if they think he is an actual Dragon and give him anything he wants.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't want actual children lol

I think Hawkins might've been the one he spoke to even back in Ch. 918.

Oct 25, 2017
Abu is sending this message through me. He said not to post the new OT. Bless.

Personally, I wouldn't pay him any mind but yeah.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
In a way I should have known that a game like Spider-man that gave me so much joy. Took away my ex crewmate Abu. alas Abu I shall dedicate the first post of the next thread to you.

Its all me, I just lurked GAF in its dying years never actually used it

Now that I'm active I keep the whole thread alive :P
No joke I think almost all the new regulars in this thread were lurkers from gaf lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.