• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Why didn't y'all tell me about Gundam sooner 😩😩

This shit is good. Animation ain't even bad for a show older than DB. What else have I been missing out on?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody shut up about Spider-verse, I know it's amazing, but it's gonna take me some time to watch it with my homies

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldn't the other retainers recognize or be told if Hiyori was out in about?

Why wouldn't they recognize her (since no matter what she would have traits of Toki and Oden)?
If she went hiding it is easy to not be recognized after she grew up. I am not saying it is her, but it makes more sense than being Hancock or Nami like some are speculating

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You can safely ignore anyone saying it's Hancock or freaking Nami, ppl's imaginations these days I swear

Oct 26, 2017
Woo boy. Ishizuka and Tomita did some of their best work in this episode.

The switcheroo gag with Nami and Brook got me good.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I've seen a lot of hype for Wakfu among western animation fans. French animation's always been kind of meh for me, though I've never given Wakfu a shot.
Yea I saw there was some hype for it and that's what got us to pull the trigger. But I'm pretty meh on it right now. English voice acting is a bit off and the show doesn't explain things to the audience very well. If it gets better y'all might here me eat crow in Etcetera. But I don't think it will lol.

Now speaking of Crow eating did I miss the One Piece OT Smash online tourney? Cause if so boo I demand a second bout! if I didn't though lets get this shit going soon. Been playing the game a shit ton and I am ready to flex on some of y'all. Oh and here is my Switch Friend code as well
SW-4419-5095-0609

Don't care if you post in the thread or lurk add me if you want.

Now if you want to know who I'm maining right now best read this spoiler to know what you'll get
I play Ken with the skin that makes him darker. I call him Ken Dolezal

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
I know that much, but as someone who hasn't really watched the anime in years it seems to borrow a lot more than I remember

This episode was cool but it felt like it stopped in a weird spot for both the stories it was progressing.

Mar 21, 2018
Pretty much every single attack from Katakuri in this episode was filler. Bleaugh. At least the Big Mom bit was done quite well.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yea I saw there was some hype for it and that's what got us to pull the trigger. But I'm pretty meh on it right now. English voice acting is a bit off and the show doesn't explain things to the audience very well. If it gets better y'all might here me eat crow in Etcetera. But I don't think it will lol.

Now speaking of Crow eating did I miss the One Piece OT Smash online tourney? Cause if so boo I demand a second bout! if I didn't though lets get this shit going soon. Been playing the game a shit ton and I am ready to flex on some of y'all. Oh and here is my Switch Friend code as well
SW-4419-5095-0609

Don't care if you post in the thread or lurk add me if you want.

Now if you want to know who I'm maining right now best read this spoiler to know what you'll get
I play Ken with the skin that makes him darker. I call him Ken Dolezal

I'll add you asap. I can play pretty much anytime today so I'll be checking back on the thread periodically to see if you and others can play. Probably not a tournament though, just random matches. ResetGreyWolf and Entryhazard said they wanted to play too so feel free to add me, along with anyone else who's interested.
Friend Code
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017

a425132462f8f71efab1b9fe4e8ba424.png

8ad38792af1027f595d72fe28dd4e45b.png

d2538b76b2b24bcc7270597d05e58eda.png

Lol, Sanji's facial expressions are too good

I'll add you asap. I can play pretty much anytime today so I'll be checking back on the thread periodically to see if you and others can play. Probably not a tournament though, just random matches. ResetGreyWolf and Entryhazard said they wanted to play too so feel free to add me, along with anyone else who's interested.
Friend Code
[Hidden content]

I do wanna play, but I'm still unlocking characters lol. It's taking forever to unlock the whole team haha

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I do wanna play, but I'm still unlocking characters lol. It's taking forever to unlock the whole team haha
Lol that's cool, we can play anytime. There's no rush.
I've been pretty lucky with the challengers cause my mains are basically just the Fire Emblem characters (and a few others here and there) and now I have them all except Robin and Corrin.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Lol that's cool, we can play anytime. There's no rush.
I've been pretty lucky with the challengers cause my mains are basically just the Fire Emblem characters (and a few others here and there) and now I have them all except Robin and Corrin.
Gotcha and nice on the fire emblem mains! Before the new characters they were pretty much all I played in smash 4.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It is so weird to see people liking FE characters in smash, they get so much hate in the community

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It is so weird to see people liking FE characters in smash, they get so much hate in the community
I get it when people say there's too many of them but I don't care, I say bring on as many as possible lol. Even in Melee when I was a kid and didn't know what they were from or how to describe them, I just loved their aesthetic (and also I was a sucker for swords). Then Brawl came and I was like "another blue haired swordsman yes!!!!". Then same with Wii U, with my favorite there being Robin. And it's funny cause I've never played a real FE game cause I don't play strategy games. It's why Fire Emblem Warriors is one of my favorites from last year cause I could finally learn more about them outside of Smash. (Hell I love the FE aesthetic so much I have the damn Awakening art book haha)

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There are too many, but I'll still play em tho

Really the only one I go "Why tho" over is Lucina. (And Chrom by extension)

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Yo I missed this in Viz's announcement but apparently chapters aren't coming at the same time as Japan meaning "Monday in NA cause it comes on Monday in Japan" but actual same time...as in when it's Monday in Japan and Jump comes out there, Viz will release chapters actually at the same time aka Sunday afternoon/evening in North America. Which is really cool for many reasons but more importantly for me, no need to wait 3 more days after the leaks...

(Was gonna make a Weekly Shonen Sunday joke but I don't know if that magazine is well known enough here for it to work. Regardless, the irony is cute.)

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yo I missed this in Viz's announcement but apparently chapters aren't coming at the same time as Japan meaning "Monday in NA cause it comes on Monday in Japan" but actual same time...as in when it's Monday in Japan and Jump comes out there, Viz will release chapters actually at the same time aka Sunday afternoon/evening in North America. Which is really cool for many reasons but more importantly for me, no need to wait 3 more days after the leaks...

(Was gonna make a Weekly Shonen Sunday joke but I don't know if that magazine is well known enough here for it to work. Regardless, the irony is cute.)

I guess this affects TPN the most for me

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lol I literally just unlocked Corrin right now. Only need Robin...and Chrom who I straight up forgot was in this game. Is he a Marth echo?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I meant in the game. I have no idea who any of these guys are, or even what specific entries they come from
I am doing a disservice to most of them but this a TLDP:
Marth: Generic jrpg protagonist
Chrom: Generic jrpg protagonist with muscles
Lucina: Female future Trunks
Roy: Don't know much about him, his game is the one that I know less about
Robin: Generic partner of the jrpg protagonist that steals the spotlight because she/he is too good, also a self insert
Corrin: Generic dumb jrpg protagonist, also a self insert
Ike: Seems to be a generic jrpg protagonist with muscles, but is kinda different because he isnt of noble blood or a chosen one. Fights against racism.
Lol I literally just unlocked Corrin right now. Only need Robin...and Chrom who I straight up forgot was in this game. Is he a Marth echo?
Roy's echo with Ike's aether

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Robin: Generic partner of the jrpg protagonist that steals the spotlight because she/he is too good, also a self insert
Ike: Seems to be a generic jrpg protagonist with muscles, but is kinda different because he is of noble blood of a chosen one. Fights against racism.

Well, Lucina and Ike sound cool enough lol

Who's Wii fit trainer an echo of?

Game & Watch

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Move over Baby 5, Katakuri proving his fruit can also do anything yours can too, apparently.

Oh ho! Flampe next episode. Hurray.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Ike: Seems to be a generic jrpg protagonist with muscles, but is kinda different because he isnt of noble blood or a chosen one. Fights against racism.

Roy's echo with Ike's aether

Marth is a Prince of a land who fell to treachery, targeted by an evil dragon king (though it was the kingdom's smaller human-run neighbor that betrayed them, the politics of Archanea Fire Emblems is pretty complex). He doesn't have much personality because his FE games were very thinly written.
Chrom: Prince of a peaceful land with a militaristic neighbor, he meets Robin lying unconscious in a field one day which begins a conspiracy of evil attacking his land and he crosses the world to try and save it. Very family-oriented.
Lucina: Future Trunks is about right. She's Chrom's daughter from the future and comes back in time to prevent the evil from overcoming the world. A bit socially awkward because she grew up in a hellworld so she appreciates the little things.
Robin: Self-insert and can be either gender, though is considered a man in canon. Product of a cult's conspiracy to create a vessel for an evil dragon god to return to the world. His arc is that its his friendship with Chrom that saves him from his dark destiny.
Corrin: Half-dragon half-human, secretly child of a divine dragon from another dimension (yes). Self-insert like Robin but Corrin is considered a woman in canon. She was adopted as a baby by the Queen of Hoshido (generically, the good guys), but then was quickly lost and adopted by the royal family of Nohr. Her divine dragon heritage is a secret kept for the special "third path" game. She is very sentimental to the point of almost idiocy, especially if you choose the Nohrian side where she causes disaster by not wanting any of her siblings to die.
Ike: The only one who's not of royal birth, though he *is* of noble blood (revealed in the first half of his first game that his father Greil was actually Sir Gawain, a retainer of the king of Daein). He's the meathead of FE lords and the most "shonen protagonist" of them. Although "muscle Ike" didn't come around until his second game, he always had a sense of hardheaded stubbornness and determination, and also a strong sense of justice against the racism of his world.

I know nothing about Roy. Should get around to playing the other FE games one day (I've only played 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, and 14 of the current 15 games, with 9 being a remake of the very first game).

Status
Not open for further replies.