• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all remember back in Alabasta how we all thought Vivi was joining the crew? Then at the last minute she bounces and Robin the cooler character joins instead. That is what I want to happen for Jinbei. Except he'll be killed and Carrot takes his spot.

Key phrase here is "cooler character" though

Carrot is honorary coward trio member bro. We don't need that long term

At least if Jinbei joined he'd join the best strawhat group. The old people club with Robin Brook and Franky

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
On another note, I know people have speculated since Loguetown that Dragon has a weather manipulating fruit, but I was thinking about how underwhelming that might be after the stuff Nami does this arc with Zeus lol.

Sulong carrot is basically another version of Monster/Awakened Chopper. It's never going to look as good as it does when its first revealed

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Minuscule compared to the cool stuff that Jimbei did before and during WCI.

This ain't even fair for Carrot since Jimbei has had more screen time than her.
That's cool, but I don't really care since you asked me why I think she's cooler and I told you why. You can list all the achievements you want for Jinbei. And the end result will be the same for me every time. That end result is, I've enjoyed the small amount of screen time Carrot has had in this story far more than all of Jinbei's. So therefore I like her more and think she is cooler.

Key phrase here is "cooler character" though

Carrot is honorary coward trio member bro. We don't need that long term

At least if Jinbei joined he'd join the best strawhat group. The old people club with Robin Brook and Franky
Your post reminded me of something. I have no fucking clue how old everyone is on the Straw hat crew haha. My only thoughts on their age are basically "Yea Brook is dead and the rest still look lively".

On another note, I know people have speculated since Loguetown that Dragon has a weather manipulating fruit, but I was thinking about how underwhelming that might be after the stuff Nami does this arc with Zeus lol.

Sulong carrot is basically another version of Monster/Awakened Chopper. It's never going to look as good as it does when its first revealed
Truthfully I always thought it was a wind related fruit and he uses wind powers to mess with the world.

As per your last point. Isn't that how it works for everyone in this series by and large? You get a hype intro to a new power/form and then as the series progresses it becomes more common place and gets less build up and focus per use. If not out right replaced later down the road. Please note this isn't me disagreeing with you. It will most certainly be trivialized going forward. But that does not really take away that it's first impression was perfect.

Oct 25, 2017
I figure Dragon is wind too. It might not seem like much on the surface but I think he has some tornado tier type wind and even worse at this best. I like the idea of it being used more subtly to mess around with things and people as well.

Helmsman and lookout. Make it so.
Amen.

Blue shark is lame but a valuable and powerful asset to fit luffys top 3 commander shtick yonkou got going on. Carrot adds power to the female side but not only power but the actual drive and job to fight. Let em both join....bleg out
I'll allow it.

But yeah, Jinbe and Carrot joining would up their overall crew power by a lot.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
You know what's actually funny about this continual dismissal of carrot(that's annoying) is that the other side don't give a flying hog monkey if jinbe joins or not we simply don't like him. Than you got jinbe side asking why we like carrot and accusing of being furries it's annoying. Jinbe already in congratulations now let everybody else rock

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of dragons fruit being wind because it means he was legit about to let luffy die in rogue town

Law

Oct 27, 2017
kpl7jvvzzb321.jpg

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
carrot used to be trash but after the ssj3 transformation episode last week, she has my approval to join the straw hat crew. she ain't no Jinbe though, let's get that fact straight first, so let's not start disrespecting the 👑 by comparing them against each other, please. like even in real life, a shark is cooler than a fucking rabbit.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
carrot used to be trash but after the ssj3 transformation episode last week, she has my approval to join the straw hat crew. she ain't no Jinbe though, let's get that fact straight first, so let's not start disrespecting the 👑 by comparing them against each other, please. like even in real life, a shark is cooler than a fucking rabbit.
No lies detected.

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
Carrot lacking a legit flashback tho
Whole Cake Island was her tragic flashback done in real time.

Then we also got bits about her relationship with Pedro as her mentor and you know, One Piece's "inherited will" thing kicked in with that "a mink must herald the dawn"/"you will see just how important it is/was for the SHs to get out of WCI alive" bit.

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017

A brawler chick that was actually about that on screen "throw them hands" life.

In One Piece.

Carrot been legit since she fuckin' tridashed in and almost whiff punished Zoro with the Berserker Slash. Never mind that her personality was sorely needed (a perfect additional compliment to the Luffy-Usopp-Chopper "dorks on adventure" trio) and had top 1 gag of the entire Zou-WCI stretch with the fucking mural bit in the mirror world.

I liked Carrot way before Sulong, but that + the Pedro death bits were making hard arguments for her. New World SHs absolutely have to be able to scrap, ain't shit sweet out here and what better package to get than ones who are about that life while also having real ties/associations to endgame?

Also on a related note, I've loved Jinbe since Impel Down and it's fucking wild thinking about how long ago that is now + people finally coming to terms with him. I still remember the "if Luffy should get a warlord crewmate, it should be Boa" types and arguments from back then too kinda mirroring a lot of the comments people use against Jinbe nowadays ("too strong, too boring/straightforward, knows too much about their world"). History really is a cycle.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Carrot been legit since she fuckin' tridashed in and almost whiff punished Zoro with the Berserker Slash. Never mind that her personality was sorely needed (a perfect additional compliment to the Luffy-Usopp-Chopper "dorks on adventure" trio) and had top 1 gag of the entire Zou-WCI stretch with the fucking mural bit in the mirror world.
I'll be honest with ya fam, i don't remember any of that 😂😂

real talk, now you got me wanting to go back and re read all of Zou. the way you describing Carrot doesn't fit at all with what I got down in memory lane.
Also on a related note, I've loved Jinbe since Impel Down and it's fucking wild thinking about how long ago that is now + people finally coming to terms with him.
Aii, that's what has me perpelexed. We've been looking at this fool for years and we've known since the beginning of Impel Down that Jinbe high key joining the straw hats at some point down the road, Oda been teasing us for years and yet we got folks hollering about how he wouldn't be a great fit. Cmon
History really is a cycle.
fax 😂😂😩

Oct 25, 2017
He talking about when the SHs were on Zou and we first saw Carrot. She rushed Zoro, dodged his attack, and struck with an electric attack that Zoro blocked.

It was a good showing. Carrot bout that business. I agree that new SHs need to be able to scrap. That is why Jinbe and Carrot would be great additions to the crew.

Zoro, Jinbe, And Sanji as the Monster Trio.
Carrot on par with the Middle Trio and is the strongest of them in her Sulong form.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
You know what the Straw Hats really need? For people in this thread to challenege me to Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Silfer took up the call and now I need other brave OT members to rise up as well.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You know watch, Zoro could easily pass up as a FE rep, he can even get the excuse he was lost and ended up in smash

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
You're lucky I ain't no snitch...

If he had used his Richter more than once I may have just dropped video games then and there...but he had the decency not to do that.
I still feel a little bad about that match. I had played a ton of Smash the previous day with my friends, which gave me quite a few matches to get down Ritcher. So when I busted him out on you I was just thinking "now Silfer this has been fun, but let me show you what real cancer looks like".

You know watch, Zoro could easily pass up as a FE rep, he can even get the excuse he was lost and ended up in smash
I'd also like Sanji as well. Just take Fox's Smash attacks and make up some new B attacks for him and we'd be good. Oh and also include the Burning Blood mechanic that he can't do damage to female characters.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Are there any things in particular to be on the lookout for with Jump Festa this year?

I still feel a little bad about that match. I had played a ton of Smash the previous day with my friends, which gave me quite a few matches to get down Ritcher. So when I busted him out on you I was just thinking "now Silfer this has been fun, but let me show you what real cancer looks like".
Lol no reason to feel bad. Crushing defeat makes for good motivation haha.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wait so we still got 1 chapter this year? Don't play with my feelings y'all
Yes...at least 1...potentially 2 if a new Jump comes out on the 31st but I don't know the schedule and I'm not getting my hopes up for that cause it didn't happen last year but maybe it will this year cause this month has already been a bit different so who the hell knows anymore at this point this whole damn shit is fucking confu...

Yes, at least 1.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Everything that's over a year old already has an anime (or one announced) so probably not much in the ways of big news. Probably get trailers for KnY and Promised Neverland (a more proper one). Dr. Stone studio/staff announcement. One Piece film key visual. Maybe Kishimoto comes on stage and shares three more panels of his new series lol. Not likely but I'd want to see; Haikyu S4 and Gintama anime continuing in some form.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Everything that's over a year old already has an anime (or one announced) so probably not much in the ways of big news. Probably get trailers for KnY and Promised Neverland (a more proper one). Dr. Stone studio/staff announcement. One Piece film key visual. Maybe Kishimoto comes on stage and shares three more panels of his new series lol. Not likely but I'd want to see; Haikyu S4 and Gintama anime continuing in some form.
Makes sense. I'll hope for Haikyu/Gintama too then.
I kinda want some game announcement but Bamco's probably not ready after every thing they released this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.