• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
Your post reminded me of something. I have no fucking clue how old everyone is on the Straw hat crew haha. My only thoughts on their age are basically "Yea Brook is dead and the rest still look lively".

Robin is late twenties, Franky is mid thirties and Brook is like in his 90s biologically/chronologically. I think he was dead and lost his body for a bunch of those though.

Everyone else is in their late teens/early 20s on the crew.

I remember there was a gag in Zou that I really liked where the three old heads went to watch the ledge to make sure the Samurai didn't meet the minks. They said it's time for the adults on the crew to take care of things or something like that then all three of them end up falling asleep and letting the samurai through anyways lol

Yo can we put Luffy in Smash now?

Sakurai said no manga =(

Give me Sol Badguy tho

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Robin is late twenties, Franky is mid thirties and Brook is like in his 90s biologically/chronologically. I think he was dead and lost his body for a bunch of those though.

Everyone else is in their late teens/early 20s on the crew.

I remember there was a gag in Zou that I really liked where the three old heads went to watch the ledge to make sure the Samurai didn't meet the minks. They said it's time for the adults on the crew to take care of things or something like that then all three of them end up falling asleep and letting the samurai through anyways lol
Thanks! Didn't realize Robin and Franky were older compared to everyone else. Well except for Brook of course lol.

So one of my friends showed me this YouTube series called dimension 20. Which is a CollegeHumor D&D series. If y'all want a funny ass video series/podcast for D&D campaigns you should watch it. I'm on one campaign called "fantasy high" right now. That's about an adventures high school for aspiring adventurers. And this shit has me cracking up.

Maktokious

Nov 23, 2017
So one of my friends showed me this YouTube series called dimension 20. Which is a CollegeHumor D&D series. If y'all want a funny ass video series/podcast for D&D campaigns you should watch it. I'm on one campaign called "fantasy high" right now. That's about an adventures high school for aspiring adventurers. And this shit has me cracking up.

I'm 5 minutes in. This is great and amazing. THANK you! :D

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of DnD my One Piece tabletop group is just about to enter the Grandline!

On their way to Logue Town atm and I have some spicy plot threads to introduce there

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I'm 5 minutes in. This is great and amazing. THANK you! :D
No problem! Hope you enjoy the series as much as I do. I swear every player character in that I've seen in there has been solid gold.

Speaking of DnD my One Piece tabletop group is just about to enter the Grandline!

On their way to Logue Town atm and I have some spicy plot threads to introduce there
Don't leave us hanging, spill the details!

Oct 27, 2017
Don't leave us hanging, spill the details!

Aight so basically early in the campaign they rescued an unconscious man of some other pirate crew from their mortal enemy

He turned out to be one of the top crewmates from his crew called the Greenstache Pirates (very long and hard to explain inside joke) who are another notable crew from their "generation" so to speak

Over the past few months of sessions they've become very close with all the members of this crew and they often bail each other out of dangerous situations. The only member they aren't close with is the first mate who's been away on an errand for the captain

Every letter from him they've read and every denden mushi call they've heard he's been very standoffish to them and unfriendly

On his errand tho he was recently captured by the marines in Logue Town (which is why they're headed there, to spring the guy out of friendship with Greenstache and his crew)

Little do they know this is all part of the plan of the marine captain that caught him, and when they arrive at Logue Town they'll allow the first mate to be rescued after giving him a Robin-esque ultimatum, ultimately forcing him to turn on them and murder Greenstache in front of everyone when he goes in for a hug and then the marines will chase them out of logue town forcing them into the Grand Line alone without the allies they've heavily relied on to get this far

The real kicker here is that its all a ruse. They won't know for many more sessions to come (unless they manage to put together the vague hints I dropped about it over the course of the campaign which they rarely do to my delight) but this Marine Captain is actually a spy for the Revolutionary Army and he's creating an opportunity to get Greenstache out of the spotlight by faking his death to the world for reasons they will slowly uncover as they progress

There's a whole other layer to this event but without context of the full campaign thus far it wouldnt make sense

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Aight so basically early in the campaign they rescued an unconscious man of some other pirate crew from their mortal enemy

He turned out to be one of the top crewmates from his crew called the Greenstache Pirates (very long and hard to explain inside joke) who are another notable crew from their "generation" so to speak

Over the past few months of sessions they've become very close with all the members of this crew and they often bail each other out of dangerous situations. The only member they aren't close with is the first mate who's been away on an errand for the captain

Every letter from him they've read and every denden mushi call they've heard he's been very standoffish to them and unfriendly

On his errand tho he was recently captured by the marines in Logue Town (which is why they're headed there, to spring the guy out of friendship with Greenstache and his crew)

Little do they know this is all part of the plan of the marine captain that caught him, and when they arrive at Logue Town they'll allow the first mate to be rescued after giving him a Robin-esque ultimatum, ultimately forcing him to turn on them and murder Greenstache in front of everyone when he goes in for a hug and then the marines will chase them out of logue town forcing them into the Grand Line alone without the allies they've heavily relied on to get this far

The real kicker here is that its all a ruse. They won't know for many more sessions to come (unless they manage to put together the vague hints I dropped about it over the course of the campaign which they rarely do to my delight) but this Marine Captain is actually a spy for the Revolutionary Army and he's creating an opportunity to get Greenstache out of the spotlight by faking his death to the world for reasons they will slowly uncover as they progress

There's a whole other layer to this event but without context of the full campaign thus far it wouldnt make sense
This poor first mate is about to be dragged through the mud by your players. Hope there is a big ass gap between him and them till the twist is revealed. Cause I think your players will be like mine and be out for fucking blood when their allies are hurt and killed.

Now excuse me as I sit here and feel sad that my most recent D&D campaign ended before I could draw it to a close. My players were getting their faces handed to them constantly so I made a new NPC fighter to help them. Went full out One Piece fanboy when I made it. I crafted a woman named Hollynda Aokiji known around the island of Chult as the Blue Pheasant. Girl was a badass she found a handful of blessed and cursed magic rings on her adventures and it made her almost 1 to 1 with Aokiji. Sigh and don't even get me started on when one buddy and myself made our own JoJo campaign that we would cohost. made the setting and everything it was on the docket and next up after Chult was over.

Oct 27, 2017
This poor first mate is about to be dragged through the mud by your players. Hope there is a big ass gap between him and them till the twist is revealed. Cause I think your players will be like mine and be out for fucking blood when their allies are hurt and killed.

Now excuse me as I sit here and feel sad that my most recent D&D campaign ended before I could draw it to a close. My players were getting their faces handed to them constantly so I made a new NPC fighter to help them. Went full out One Piece fanboy when I made it. I crafted a woman named Hollynda Aokiji known around the island of Chult as the Blue Pheasant. Girl was a badass she found a handful of blessed and cursed magic rings on her adventures and it made her almost 1 to 1 with Aokiji. Sigh and don't even get me started on when one buddy and myself made our own JoJo campaign that we would cohost. made the setting and everything it was on the docket and next up after Chult was over.

Oh yeah they absolutely will but this first mate has quite a tricky devil fruit power to help him avoid being seen (he's already a Rogue with great stealth stats) he's got the Bend-Bend fruit, and is a Warp human

Basically he can bend/warp space/objects/etcetera. He mostly uses this to bend his body unnaturally away from attacks (essentially a buff spell that increases his Dexterity/Dodge skill) but he can also use it to warp his body shape to fit into tight spaces/crevices (increases his stealth skill)

Basically they're gonna have a hard time finding a man who can disappear off the face of the Earth :P (inb4 random lucky guess derails my plot aha)

Chult....I recognize that name from an old campaign a few years ago, Hollynda sounds pretty sick tho did any of your players get the reference? And I'm assuming by 1 to 1 you mean it gave her sweet ice powers and shit

That sucks bro a JoJo campaign was actually one of our choices for new game before we settled on One Piece here's hoping one day you get to play it and make sure you tell ya boi if/when it happens!

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Unlocked everyone now. Silfer when is our clash 😁 i don't have switch online right now but i will use my 7 day free trial for you haha (i need to buy it soon anyway)

Too bad they changed luigi so much in this game. He was my main in 4 but i cant handle him with all the differences now. Tried him a bunch of times but he doesnt really click with me. I'm sad.

And yoooo why is Chrom so damn fast, i love it!

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Resetgreywolf said we always off topic. We as a thread decided to eliminate his complaint.
Lmao
Unlocked everyone now. Silfer when is our clash 😁 i don't have switch online right now but i will use my 7 day free trial for you haha (i need to buy it soon anyway)

Too bad they changed luigi so much in this game. He was my main in 4 but i cant handle him with all the differences now. Tried him a bunch of times but he doesnt really click with me. I'm sad.

Nice! I haven't unlocked everyone yet but I'm pretty close (I was in the 60s when I last counted). And I have pretty much every "main candidate" I want so I just need to put more time into them. I'm now on break so I'm good to go pretty much anytime. Just let me know what day/time suits you.
Gotta get Cantaim in on the action too at some point. He's really good. (And anyone else who's interested)
Anyway here's my Switch thing, just add me whenever
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
man, I'd love to join y'all in smash but I don't know where my switch is. i forgot all about it ever since Mario Odyssey came out 😔😩

fuck, now y'all also got me wanting to play spla2oon now

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving Link and Zelda in this smash, which is good because i've always wanted them to be viable

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving Link and Zelda in this smash, which is good because i've always wanted them to be viable

Their improvements are easily the most fascinating thing in this game. Ultimate for as much as it's a new title, really made me love it more with just how good a lot of the old cast that had been languishing from as early as Melee have gotten.

Fucking Pichu is a monster.

Pichu.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still trying to unlock Cloud.
i'm just unlocking everyone through world of light
A good way to unlock characters is to do a bit of World of Light (like 2-4 matches) and exit out, get a challenger, deal with that and then go back to WoL and repeat.
Challenges seem to come based on time spent playing from what I could tell and so you get to progress through WoL and thus get closer to characters in that and/or fight them while also advancing the clock that allows you to unlock characters normally.

Also I now have "everyone". Funnily enough, the game announced that to me before I unlocked two of the Mii fighters, as though it understood how little I cared.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Oh yeah they absolutely will but this first mate has quite a tricky devil fruit power to help him avoid being seen (he's already a Rogue with great stealth stats) he's got the Bend-Bend fruit, and is a Warp human

Basically he can bend/warp space/objects/etcetera. He mostly uses this to bend his body unnaturally away from attacks (essentially a buff spell that increases his Dexterity/Dodge skill) but he can also use it to warp his body shape to fit into tight spaces/crevices (increases his stealth skill)

Basically they're gonna have a hard time finding a man who can disappear off the face of the Earth :P (inb4 random lucky guess derails my plot aha)

Chult....I recognize that name from an old campaign a few years ago, Hollynda sounds pretty sick tho did any of your players get the reference? And I'm assuming by 1 to 1 you mean it gave her sweet ice powers and shit

That sucks bro a JoJo campaign was actually one of our choices for new game before we settled on One Piece here's hoping one day you get to play it and make sure you tell ya boi if/when it happens!
Ok that's good that they won't be able to get to him easily haha. Just gotta watch out for some critical insight and perception check rolls. Also he has a cool ass fruit!

Oh hey did you ever play in Chult or just hear about it in game? Either way Chult is one fun as hell and brutal place. Nothing quite like roaming an island that has zombie dinosaurs and an evil demi god fucking with the island. Man I fucking wish my group would have gotten the reference. Only one person there actually reads/watches One Piece and I don't think he would have made the connection lol. And yea by 1 to 1 I meant power wise. I said almost 1 to 1 cause Hollynda might actually win a fight against Aokiji. Cause I accidentally made her immortal due to how some of the rings were interacting with each other haha. So she just grabs enemies and impales herself and the enemy with strong ass ice magic then repeats through every encounter.

For real! At the minimum I'd like to at least salvage some of the stand users my buddy and I made for the campaign and put them in other stuff if I have the chance. And will do!

I'm still trying to unlock Cloud.
Is the thread ready to #RiseUp? Cause I am fucking ready y'all.

man, I'd love to join y'all in smash but I don't know where my switch is. i forgot all about it ever since Mario Odyssey came out 😔😩

fuck, now y'all also got me wanting to play spla2oon now
Boy you best find that sucker so you can #RiseUp.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I ain't bothering with Spider-Verse, only the best for this guy.

----

This is pretty:

tumblr_pjlc9rO9oe1uj4pe8o1_540.jpg

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
Considering
-Minks are on the moon in Enel's cover story
-space pirating exists on the moon
-Minks have special abilities unlocked through the moon
-Minks have electro. Enel powered up an entire ancient city on the moon through electricity.
-Minks have a connection with the Kozuki clan. The Kozuki clan is made up of 2 kanji symbols, one of which is the moon symbol.
-The samurai alliance is symbolized by a moon tattoo

Do people not believe the SH are going to space in a future arc? That's without even mentioning the sky races.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
We Transformers now.

Could we get something during Festa? It has an interesting name and poster, yeah.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Oh we will get more details their, maybe not a lot.
Nice! I'm assuming this will be set before Wano where the SH are somehow together, like in Gold.

Also, seeing as it's JF, I hope we get some news about Kishimoto's new manga that was (not anymore lol) coming this year. He might be mighty strong in his hack writer ways, but I absolutely loved early Naruto back then and I'm curious to see him free of that baggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.