• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ah well maybe Greywolf is having a bad day.
Well that's at least what I hope/assume. Cause otherwise that's a lot of aggression and exaggeration over inconsequential stuff.

So after lurking here since this forum was made and for years at the old place I finally decided to make an account and felt it necessary to post here since One Piece is likely one of my top 5 series of all time. Course I choose to join during a break so i kind of sucks but oh well.
Welcome. Don't worry about joining in a break cause this thread always finds something to discuss regardless. Now take the quiz!
Favorite Straw Hat Pirate
Favorite Non-Straw Hat Pirate/Outlaw
Favorite Marine
Favorite Villain/Antagonist/Opponent (can be the same as one of the two above)
Favorite Arc
Favorite Location
Favorite Punch

Does anybody have any recommendation for a good laptop? Not very expensive and gaming-capable would be nice, but I don't know if that's truly possible (as in, being able to play concurrent games while not being too pricey).

And, yes, chapter-less weeks can go die and also fuck whoever leaked those KH3 copies thank you very much
I don't know but I'm also inclined to say that good for gaming and not expensive aren't compatible.(The thing that comes to mind is that you could probably buy a laptop and build a cheap gaming desktop for less than the cost of an actual gaming laptop.)
Might be better to make a thread or ask for help in one of the PC threads.

Last edited:

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Ah, yes, welcome diakyu!
Well that's at least what I hope/assume. Cause otherwise that's a lot of aggression and exaggeration over inconsequential stuff.

Welcome. Don't worry about joining in a break cause this thread always finda something to discuss regardless. Now take the quiz!
Favorite Marine
Favorite Arc
Favorite Location
Favorite Punch

I don't know but I'm also inclined to say that good for gaming and not expensive aren't compatible.(The thing that comes to mind is that you could probably buy a laptop and build a cheap gaming desktop for less than the cost of an actual gaming laptop.)
Might be better to make a thread or ask for help in one of the PC threads.
Yeah, I figured as much ("not too pricey" would have been "between 600-1000€"). I actually don't really like laptops, but they're more convenient and almost assuredly required in my sector.

Actually though, I might hold on for a little while, as my desktop PC didn't actually die yesterday it seems lol. It actually works now, so I'll keep it like this for a while. Thanks!

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Today I learned I am always angry about One Piece. Do find it funny how last time he complained on how the thread is always off topic and now we are always angry and on topic lol. Ah well maybe Greywolf is having a bad day.

I didn't complain about it being off-topic :X On that contrary, I like it. Someone else complained about this being the Smash OT, and I just replied that we're always OT so it's not a big deal. My post was a direct reply to that user~

And idk why you'd think I was having a bad day, literally all I said was that Carrot isn't a crew member and the Carrot defense force ranted on me because apparently this topic is brought up often and people who don't think Carrot is a straw hat is "in denial". Why am I the bad guy here when the dude randomly attacked me for something so inconsequential. Literally what is happening here

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't want to have to be the one to do this but Retro my man. Your dream game exists in Japan. It's called One Piece Great Pirate Coliseum and I don't think it's what you wanted.

Personally I would be fine with the original story if the game actually looked like One Piece haha. game is going for a weird realistic look that I don't think works all that well.

THAT DOESN'T COUNT

It's like Extreme Boutouden vs DBFZ. They're just waiting to do One Piece's DBFZ. They're JUST WAITING.

As for World Seeker I actually don't mind the look. I just think it sucks we can only play as Luffy. I mean even the Unlimited World games let us play as the entire crew

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
As for World Seeker I actually don't mind the look. I just think it sucks we can only play as Luffy. I mean even the Unlimited World games let us play as the entire crew

To be fair I guess the game is built around Luffy with the swinging mechanics and whatnot

But yah they should let you use the other crew mates in combat. Even way back in Unlimited Cruise they even let you play as every villain as well in the arena mode

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't complain about it being off-topic :X On that contrary, I like it. Someone else complained about this being the Smash OT, and I just replied that we're always OT so it's not a big deal. My post was a direct reply to that user~

And idk why you'd think I was having a bad day, literally all I said was that Carrot isn't a crew member and the Carrot defense force ranted on me because apparently this topic is brought up often and people who don't think Carrot is a straw hat is "in denial". Why am I the bad guy here when the dude randomly attacked me for something so inconsequential. Literally what is happening here
Thought you were "outta here" but since you're not, which makes more sense because frankly this is a non-situation, let me ask you:
the Carrot defense force ranted on me
1. Who is this defense force?
2. What were they defending?
3. Where is the rant?

Just wondering what post I missed because all I see among my own stuff is:
Is this gonna be a thing every weekend now?
a question
If anyone responds in kind then this will be the third straight weekend (at least) with some pro Carrot vs Carrot denial stuff in this thread, with some Jimbei talk eventually ending up mixed in there for god knows what reason. I just want to know if I should get used to it.
and in response to your confusion, a clarification to my question and a clear statement of what I was actually curious about (which in case it is somehow still not clear, was not to argue about Carrot). So naturally, I'm curious as to where that rant is that you're referring to, or rampage as you previously called it. Or, more realistically, how you came to the conclusion that I was ranting.

people who don't think Carrot is a straw hat is "in denial"
4. Who said that that's what I meant by "denial"? Because it seems like you just attached you're own meaning to my words and ran with it. Nowhere did I say people who don't think Carrot is a SH are in denial (that's not even a debate). The term was referring to people who deny the possibility or probability of her joining. If you didn't understand what I meant, you could've just asked. That's what people do in conversation when there is confusion (as I'm doing here for example). Instead you showed you were in an argumentative mood and since I clearly wasn't in one (cause again, I don't see what in my post made it seem like I was trying to argue) I just said "whatever" and was gonna be done with it.

when the dude randomly attacked me for something so inconsequential
5. And finally, where is this attack? Cause again, all I see above are a question and a clarification to my question and all I see in response to you accusing me of being salty is
Excuse me? Did you perhaps misunderstand my post about asking if this Carrot stuff was gonna be a weekend tradition and the subsequent post clarifying that I was asking if this Carrot stuff was gonna be a weekend tradition as me trying to argue with you about Carrot? What "truth" did you try and set out and then see me care to dispute?
Oh look, more questions. Because once again, despite me saying whatever cause I wasn't trying to argue anything, you replied as if you thought I was arguing. Losing perspective because of some fictional character, aka getting tunnel vision. And I called that sad. "That", as in "getting tunnel vision over a fictional character", not you. Cause you are not an "it" last time I checked. IF you would describe such behavior as truly representative of who you want to be then yes it would follow that you are "sad" as a result too but I would hope that wasn't the case and certainly didn't assume it to be, hence my agreement with the "bad day" claim. Because we all have bad days.

I ask you these questions with the utmost sincerity. Go read that exchange again of a clearer mind and actually tell me where you see the aggression? Where you see the rant/rampage? Where you see the anger? Cause honestly I don't see it and of all my time on this forum, this has been the most accurate example of "throwing gasoline on a non-situation" that I've seen yet.

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
I really underestimated how strongly people feel about carrot joining

Like I thought this was another Paulie situation where during Water 7/Enies Lobby some people actually thought he would join over Franky, or that it was 50/50 between the two lol

but people taking it ALOT more seriously than that so I'll just leave it alone going forward

Not if the sales numbers are any indication

main-qimg-9d814a28e73d864f221f94268d0308cd

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining

Ah you right I misremembered your off topic post my bad man.

But I figured you were in a bad mood cause you said all of us were "so angry about literally everything". When the only person you were talking to was Silfer. Unless You meant other pages of stuff colored the opinion. To which I'd say fair enough last few pages have been a bit more aggressive then usually. But I'd attribute that to the break myself.

Pretty much how the entire story is written honestly and that's why I think it's so good. Oda will do his arc's payoff at the conclusion of it, but during that same arc he'll be sowing the seed for some future payoff in a later arc further down the road.

Which means it'll be nuts when we arrive close to the end and Oda stops dropping foreshadowing for people to go mad with theories over lol
Ooph don't even get me thinking about the end game haha. ITs gonna the the greatest/saddest thing when we finally get our answers and no more questions.

THAT DOESN'T COUNT

It's like Extreme Boutouden vs DBFZ. They're just waiting to do One Piece's DBFZ. They're JUST WAITING.

Hopefully that's the case!

I can kinda get over the rest of the crew not being playable as long as Luffy is fun to play as. But yea if the rest of the crew isn't playable in a potential sequel. I will be very sad cause I only want non playable crew for 1 game. Especially since like you said the Unlimited World games let us play as all of them.

To be fair I guess the game is built around Luffy with the swinging mechanics and whatnot

But yah they should let you use the other crew mates in combat. Even way back in Unlimited Cruise they even let you play as every villain as well in the arena mode
Speaking of the unlimited series. I gotta go back and play it again. I never did beat the unlimited world red coliseum mode which let you play as every non straw hat character in the game.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Especially since like you said the Unlimited World games let us play as all of them.

The way those games did it was lame and half-assed though. At least with World Seeker, they try to go all out in letting you have access to the majority of Luffy's moveset. Not gonna be GOTY or anything, but there's more of an effort here. Realistically, we'll never get a World Seeker-esque experience for the entire crew, so I prefer them focusing on Luffy. The only way it works for me RPG-wise (As in, I'd actually consider buying it) is if it's a turn-based RPG. Otherwise, the only other way to somewhat do it satisfyingly enough is fighting and musou games.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
The way those games did it was lame and half-assed though. At least with World Seeker, they try to go all out in letting you have access to the majority of Luffy's moveset. Not gonna be GOTY or anything, but there's more of an effort here. Realistically, we'll never get a World Seeker-esque experience for the entire crew, so I prefer them focusing on Luffy. The only way it works for me RPG-wise (As in, I'd actually consider buying it) is if it's a turn-based RPG. Otherwise, the only other way to somewhat do it satisfyingly enough is fighting and musou games.
While everything you said is correct Lotus I just want to know. My dreams will never die! I will live to see the awesome One Piece open world game where the whole crew is playable! And all of them are fleshed out and fun as hell.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I still dream for a One Piece RPG by the Tales team. I feel a game in that style would be a cool way to have everyone playable.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For those who were wondering, the Katakuri vs. Luffy fight will end (As in, the end of Ch. 896 will be covered) in either Episode 870 or 871. We are currently on Episode 865.

While everything you said is correct Lotus I just want to know. My dreams will never die! I will live to see the awesome One Piece open world game where the whole crew is playable! And all of them are fleshed out and fun as hell.

Maybe one day when the series is finished, they'll go all out (relatively speaking) in making a game if we're lucky.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Ah you right I misremembered your off topic post my bad man.

But I figured you were in a bad mood cause you said all of us were "so angry about literally everything". When the only person you were talking to was Silfer. Unless You meant other pages of stuff colored the opinion. To which I'd say fair enough last few pages have been a bit more aggressive then usually. But I'd attribute that to the break myself.

Yeah, that "angry about everything" bit was a ridiculous exaggeration on my part, sorry about that, that's not really true at all

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
They got to complete KH!
For real! Oh and excuse me as I sit in a corner and cry cause I was looking forward to the inevitable KH2 LP 😭.

For those who were wondering, the Katakuri vs. Luffy fight will end (As in, the end of Ch. 896 will be covered) in either Episode 870 or 871. We are currently on Episode 865.

Maybe one day when the series is finished, they'll go all out (relatively speaking) in making a game if we're lucky.
Soon for anime hype.

Personally I want one now and then another when it's done. That way I get two amazing one piece open world games.

Yeah, that "angry about everything" bit was a ridiculous exaggeration on my part, sorry about that, that's not really true at all
Ah don't worry about that it's Water under the bridge now.

I want a FE style One Piece SRPG.
Why do you guys keep suggesting things I would love to play? It's painful seeing these great ideas that I might not ever be able to play lol.

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This is still my favorite moment from the anime, the soundtrack and visuals are perfect, plus Zoro is my favorite Straw Hat outside of Luffy and kind of a role model, he's just amazing.

Also, since Luffy just got this kind of moment in WCI I think it's time for Zoro to finally get his first serious right post time skip. Maybe against Orochi? It needs to be a fight that puts him past his limits again.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

This is still my favorite moment from the anime, the soundtrack and visuals are perfect, plus Zoro is my favorite Straw Hat outside of Luffy and kind of a role model, he's just amazing.

Also, since Luffy just got this kind of moment in WCI I think it's time for Zoro to finally get his first serious right post time skip. Maybe against Orochi? It needs to be a fight that puts him past his limits again.

That's a really good scene. A big part of why this is my favorite Zoro fight. I've never seen that seen in Japanese but I really like the softer, introspective tone used by the voice actor.

And yeah I want Zoro to get a struggle like this again.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I won 3 times...out of like however many matches we did in an hour.

So...on one hand, this "playing Smash online" experience has been pretty humbling because it's easy to beat the people in your family or irl friends and think you're hot shit when you don't even master everything lol. On the other hand, learning is fun!

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Favorite Marine
Favorite Arc
Favorite Location
Favorite Punch
Oof some of these are tough.

1. This one isn't, it's gotta be Sanji. Being a pretty big Sanji fan was a bit rough at the start of the timeskip lol but it's gotten better. I just think he's cool and his quick thinking has saved the strawhats plenty of times. Weird that Oda can make him one of the smartest Strawhats one second, then one of the stupidest the next but I digress.
2. I really like Paulie and wish Oda had more characters in other arcs like him.
3. It's gotta be Smoker, but as the story goes on it gets harder not to think it's Coby.
4. I really like Katakuri because I think his fight is easily one of, if not the best in One Piece. Plus there's a real story to his fight as we unravel more of his character.
5. Maybe a bit contentious, and I'm a bit bias cause I started following the manga properly at the end of Dressrosa so this arc was the first proper huge arc I followed, but Whole Cake Island. I just felt like Oda was firing on all cylinders creatively and Big Mom is a super fun villain.
6. Water Seven or Thriller Bark. Water Seven is likely the only place I would consider living on the grand line lol. For thriller bark I just like Halloween.
7. Golden Rifle. Absolute destruction.

While I'm at it I used to be one of those people that disliked the series for it's artstyle. One summer after eleventh grade I said screw it, and forced myself to watch over 500 episodes. Then I became obsessed. Then I bought the three boxsets available. Then it's all history.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
1. This one isn't, it's gotta be Sanji.
It really does, huh? I totally feel you.
Sanji was my favorite character in the series when I first watched it even before the opening was even done playing lol. Just saw a cool guy doing kicks and he's lived up to the expectations.
Oof some of these are tough.

1. This one isn't, it's gotta be Sanji. Being a pretty big Sanji fan was a bit rough at the start of the timeskip lol but it's gotten better. I just think he's cool and his quick thinking has saved the strawhats plenty of times. Weird that Oda can make him one of the smartest Strawhats one second, then one of the stupidest the next but I digress.
2. I really like Paulie and wish Oda had more characters in other arcs like him.
3. It's gotta be Smoker, but as the story goes on it gets harder not to think it's Coby.
4. I really like Katakuri because I think his fight is easily one of, if not the best in One Piece. Plus there's a real story to his fight as we unravel more of his character.
5. Maybe a bit contentious, and I'm a bit bias cause I started following the manga properly at the end of Dressrosa so this arc was the first proper huge arc I followed, but Whole Cake Island. I just felt like Oda was firing on all cylinders creatively and Big Mom is a super fun villain.
6. Water Seven or Thriller Bark. Water Seven is likely the only place I would consider living on the grand line lol. For thriller bark I just like Halloween.
7. Golden Rifle. Absolute destruction.

While I'm at it I used to be one of those people that disliked the series for it's artstyle. One summer after eleventh grade I said screw it, and forced myself to watch over 500 episodes. Then I became obsessed. Then I bought the three boxsets available. Then it's all history.
Great list man. As a Sanji fan, you will fit in here wonderfully. Katakuri is a great pick too. Cool as hell and the development of his character throughout that fight is excellent.
Whole Cake is not contentious at all! It's my favorite too. Great on many levels, from villains and handling of the big cast to fights and excellent character building moments (simply excellent arc for Sanji imo).
Though I'm in a similar position as you as far as when I caught up to the manga so that may play a role for me too.

And glad to see the Golden Rifle love. To be honest, the "Favorite Punch" thing is actually just a joke category to see if people name either the Celestial Dragon punch or the Bellamy one (to which I choose the former) but my actual, no joke, favorite punch in One Piece and just all of fiction in general is Golden Rifle. Insanely cool mechanically. Intensely resonant emotionally.

Btw, I think this isn't the first time someone says W7 is the one place they would consider living in lol

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Yo anyone wanna play Smash Ultimate on this beautiful Sunday afternoon (or whatever time it is where you are)? I just have this urge to smash!
Cantaim Red Fire you are challenged!!
(And yo Blackleg-sanji1 you too if you have you're Switch)
Damn i just saw this. I had friends over and we were having a smash party haha. I guess it's too late now but i would still do some matches if you want

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I won 3 times...out of like however many matches we did in an hour.

So...on one hand, this "playing Smash online" experience has been pretty humbling because it's easy to beat the people in your family or irl friends and think you're hot shit when you don't even master everything lol. On the other hand, learning is fun!
Actually if you wanna talk about humbling. I'm most certainly not the best smash player in my group of friends lol. I got one buddy who has 3-0 me every time we have fought.

Status
Not open for further replies.