• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
That final Jiro fight was wild, seeing the rampaging beast on action was amazing.

Those KOL videos at the time were so hyped with YOOOOOOOOOOOOO's during multiple chapters in a row.

I miss Toriko :(
Peak KoL lmao. The world building and crazy feats was on another level.

Imagine holding back your power and yet you still have enough to
momentarily stop the entire Earth's (that is much bigger than our Earth) rotation.[\spoiler]

The Eight Kings! Minority World!

I miss all that hype.
:(

Edit - this spoiler stuff is messy. I wasn't trying to spoiler all of what I was saying.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I shall fill the void Bleg left behind.

Smh can't believe Oda is giving Sanji that ugly outfit for Wano. Guy is normally one of the best dressed members of the crew and Oda thinks he should dress up like that? Ugh I'll deal with it if only because his outfit game has been on point for the last few arcs. But I swear Oda best rectify this soon.

*Random Drake quotes as well as references to Discord followed up with. "I just don't get it Tarek, we get along so well in the Discord but you argue with me so much in here".

*Being a coward and not #RisingUp to face Cantaim in Smash bros.

It's cool and all that Funi is finally brining over more One Piece movies and specials in English next year. But it is still ridiculous that they have sat on the One Piece dub for so damn long.

Feel free to imagine that those are 4 separate posts made across the last few pages,.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017

Smh can't believe Oda is giving Sanji that ugly outfit for Wano. Guy is normally one of the best dressed members of the crew and Oda thinks he should dress up like that? Ugh I'll deal with it if only because his outfit game has been on point for the last few arcs. But I swear Oda best rectify this soon.

*Random Drake quotes as well as references to Discord followed up with. "I just don't get it Tarek, we get along so well in the Discord but you argue with me so much in here".

It's cool and all that Funi is finally brining over more One Piece movies and specials in English next year. But it is still ridiculous that they have sat on the One Piece dub for so damn long.

Feel free to imagine that those are 4 separate posts made across the last few pages,.
fake news, you didn't mention Goten even once

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

latest

It's like he never left

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
fake news, you didn't mention Goten even once
I'm just getting tired of mentioning Goten. Every damn time I mention my boy I get flooded with excuses and anger from other Dragon Ball fans on why he shouldn't do anything. Don't even get me started on how BS Super was about Goten either. Even Roshi got shit to do.

latest

It's like he never left
I aim to please also *Checks Bleg script notes, I still challenge you to a My Hero One's Justice fight.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

To be fair, Kin'emon dressed him, and it's to blend in. So at least it isn't like Sanji's suddenly slacking fashion-wise due to him picking it out himself. :D

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
To be fair, Kin'emon dressed him, and it's to blend in. So at least it isn't like Sanji's suddenly slacking fashion-wise due to him picking it out himself. :D
That's true but it just hurts seeing my favorite character dress like a Hobo. Ah well like I said last few arcs have been good to Sanji fashion wise so I'm willing to overlook this for now.
Why am I still doing this lol.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What had the better beginning, WCI or Wano?

For Wano, let's cut it off at the end of the first act. For WCI, the end of the Luffy vs. Cracker fight. So no, Luffy does not meet Sanji as of yet.

Nami slander in the Jump Force thread is unacceptable

It's whatever, but handwaving Hancock's faults in the same post was just weird.

Last edited:

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
For Wano, let's cut it off at the end of the first arc. For WCI, the end of the Luffy vs. Cracker fight.
Hmm...Wano, I think. I didn't particularly enjoy the Seducing Woods section, nor did I enjoy Tama's constant kidnapping. Kaido showing up and one-shotting Gear 4 pretty much seals it for me. Wano is a more interesting backdrop too.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Y'know, all he needed to do was ignore the VG board, or set up a bookmark to his Watched list...
As a fellow media blackout enthusiast, there is no limit to how hard one can blackout. Shit can come at you from any direction. You can tell yourself, oh I'm good if I just don't watch the trailer for X thing and then you go into some random community and omg gifs of the trailer for X thing! Bleg understands the game, he's participated in it himself! That's why his understanding of the slim but existing possibility of slips coupled with the level of stakes determined by a franchise for which people have been waiting for its "Dark Seeker Saga" conclusion for years lead him to the conclusion that he would need to display the utmost discipline. And I respect that. (And also I've heard tales of blackouts that go way beyond this...such as being so careful about Phantom Pain spoilers that one doesn't even go on their favorite sports website!)

But yeah lol all I'm doing is just not clicking on anything that has "Kingdom Hearts" (saw that there's a legit "final battle" thing and was like "oh come the fuck on" lol). I even deleted my YT history yesterday just in case.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
You just talking about the setting? Or including the exclusive stuff like the acts?
I was just talking about the setting yeah, but I guess you can include the opening and closing Act segments. Cherry blossoms and stuff. Yeah, I like that.
As a fellow media blackout enthusiast, there is no limit to how hard one can blackout. Shit can come at you from any direction.
If anyone throws Kingdom Hearts spoilers at me from in here, I will rampage harder than drunken Kaido and hungry Big Mom combined.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was just talking about the setting yeah, but I guess you can include the opening and closing Act segments. Cherry blossoms and stuff. Yeah, I like that.

Oh okay. If it's just the setting, WCI easily wins here. If we include all the little exclusive Wano touches, then it becomes more of a fight.

easy to choose, Wano has a better start compared to WCI by far, Between Hawkins vs Zoro and Luffy, Tama, the secret of the Kozuki Clan, Law, Bepo, Kaido one-shotting Luffy and etc... for me the comparison is unfair.

Hmm, at first it was WCI handily. While it was necessary build-up, the Tama stuff wasn't super thrilling, not just because I was anxious to get to all the super exciting stuff we know the arc has in store for us, but also because I was a little upset that it was just Luffy and Zoro when we're this close to having Luffy and the WCI crew interact with the others again. Compared to Sanji and his whole thing with the Vinsmokes, as well as the appeal of the first Yonko arc and Luffy already fighting a commander.

But the minute we got that mind-blowing time travel reveal, I believe I would have to go with Wano. From that point, and the couple of chapters that followed it, Wano was been aces. As cool as the Sanji stuff was, it could only go so far, and I knew that Luffy wasn't beating Big Mom this arc. Whereas the time travel reveal alone just completely reinvigorated my interest in the arc and Momo's plight, gives it a mystery element in regards to Toki, Oden, and the presumably alive Hiyori, and retroactively made Zou a better arc on top of that. And Dragon Kaido and the switch-up from him being drunk af to him later one-shotting Luffy is more hype than the Cracker fight. Same with Luffy being thrown in jail with Kid. Except it all happened in an arc where somehow Luffy really does have to beat this guy by the end of the arc.

On a week-to-week basis, WCI was more engaging overall when considering each individual chapter, but when it comes to the entire package, yea I think I'll stand by Wano being stronger.

But yea, I gotta reiterate that the time travel reveal helped a looooooooot

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
WCI kind of bleeds together with Zou a lot whereas WCI to wano is more of a clean break so its kind of hard for me to compare them fairly

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Peak KoL lmao. The world building and crazy feats was on another level.

Imagine holding back your power and yet you still have enough to

momentarily stop the entire Earth's (that is much bigger than our Earth) rotation.

The Eight Kings! Minority World!

I miss all that hype.
:(

There i fixed the tags for you :P

Yep, Gran Knocking was peak ''holy shit'' moment.

Toriko vs Starjun is also one of the best fights i seen.

Also let's not forget that time when Toriko
messes with the Horse King and has half of his body obliterated in a single air expelled from his nose lol

If anyone haven't read Toriko go ahead and do it :)

What had the better beginning, WCI or Wano?

For Wano, let's cut it off at the end of the first act. For WCI, the end of the Luffy vs. Cracker fight. So no, Luffy does not meet Sanji as of yet.

Probably go with Wano, i liked the Cracker fight but that Kaido dragon reveal and him oneshotting Luffy was better. The time-travel stuff was up there too and i like Hawkins too so that is a plus.

Law

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, at first it was WCI handily. While it was necessary build-up, the Tama stuff wasn't super thrilling, not just because I was anxious to get to all the super exciting stuff we know the arc has in store for us, but also because I was a little upset that it was just Luffy and Zoro when we're this close to having Luffy and the WCI crew interact with the others again. Compared to Sanji and his whole thing with the Vinsmokes, as well as the appeal of the first Yonko arc and Luffy already fighting a commander.
Mnnnn...ok
But the minute we got that mind-blowing time travel reveal, I believe I would have to go with Wano. From that point, and the couple of chapters that followed it, Wano was been aces. As cool as the Sanji stuff was, it could only go so far, and I knew that Luffy wasn't beating Big Mom this arc. Whereas the time travel reveal alone just completely reinvigorated my interest in the arc and Momo's plight, gives it a mystery element in regards to Toki, Oden, and the presumably alive Hiyori, and retroactively made Zou a better arc on top of that. And Dragon Kaido and the switch-up from him being drunk af to him later one-shotting Luffy is more hype than the Cracker fight. Same with Luffy being thrown in jail with Kid. Except it all happened in an arc where somehow Luffy really does have to beat this guy by the end of the arc.
agree
On a week-to-week basis, WCI was more engaging overall when considering each individual chapter, but when it comes to the entire package, yea I think I'll stand by Wano being stronger.
Hmnn.. I won't deny that it was interesting, but I don't think it was more engaging, if you think about it that start was slow pace, little action, a bit "boring", yes, it had its good moments but one had to wait for the almost "end" that was when Brulee and Cracker's attack began..., right after that event is that starts flashbacks, secrets and so on ..... and it really gets interesting.
I'm gonna to reread it and compare it to see if I change my mind.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I prefer the beginning of WCI. Lovely setting and high stakes with my man Sanji being in such a situation. And also it currently holds more value to me as I know what it leads to.

Sora is in Kingdom hearts 3 and is also a playable character.
Sora is a keyblade owner
FUCK THIS!! FUCK ALL OF YOU! I'M DONE WITH THE INTERNET!!!
Yo seriously though...don't do this one. As a joke spoiler, this one isn't terrible but it's not worth it lol.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmnn.. I won't deny that it was interesting, but I don't think it was more engaging, if you think about it that start was slow pace, little action, a bit "boring", yes, it had its good moments but one had to wait for the almost "end" that was when Brulee and Cracker's attack began..., right after that event is that starts flashbacks, secrets and so on ..... and it really gets interesting.
I'm gonna to reread it and compare it to see if I change my mind.

Unlike a lot of people apparently, I have zero issue with the initial Seducing Woods section lol.

The Tama stuff is like, she cute and all, but I just wanna meet the crew already, where's Kaido, etc. etc. It was a bit formulaic. The arc truly started for me with Ch. 918.

Meanwhile Big Mom introducing herself with singing, taking souls, Germa assholes, Cracker was boss af, etc. Good shit.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Sora's no a Keyblade owner, that would just ruin continuity.
Trust me Lampshade they are doing some wild stuff in this one. I heard Sora is even gonna give a talk or two on how friendship and believing in each other is the way to save the world.

Damn it cease this!!!! Have you no compassion?!?!
I'm sorry Silfer it's like every time I type I have to spoil major plot elements to this game. Speaking of which and you might need to sit down for this one Silfer. This game has an opening cinematic that is a high quality cg movie.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry Silfer it's like every time I type I have to spoil major plot elements to this game. Speaking of which and you might need to sit down for this one Silfer. This game has an opening cinematic that is a high quality cg movie.
You're a fiend, Cantaim!

Besides Kingdom Hearts 3,what are some games y'all are looking forward to for early 2019?
I'm really excited for Tales of Vesperia, DMCV, Sekiro, Left Alive and of course World Seeker, with those first three probably being tied at the top as far as what I'm most excited for.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
You're a fiend, Cantaim!

Besides Kingdom Hearts 3,what are some games y'all are looking forward to for early 2019?
I'm really excited for Tales of Vesperia, DMCV, Sekiro, Left Alive and of course World Seeker, with those first three probably being tied at the top as far as what I'm most excited for.
I am fucking ready for DMCV, Jump Force, World Seeker, and Travis Strikes again! Granted most of the hype is on no more heros cause I love the IP. Also for shame Silfer you need to put that Phoenix Wright trilogy on your hype list!

Why we acting like they've never been in a fighting game before lol
Until they get into an Arc System console fighting game. they have never been in a fighting game as far as I'm concerned.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Burning Blood was very forgettable
Okay fucking THANK GOD you said this cause I read Lotus' comment and was like "...what game were they in?" lmao. Literally forgot about it
I am fucking ready for DMCV, Jump Force, World Seeker, and Travis Strikes again! Granted most of the hype is on no more heros cause I love the IP. Also for shame Silfer you need to put that Phoenix Wright trilogy on your hype list!
Phoenix Wright is on that "one day" list. Q1 is too stacked lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.