• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I'm with Lotus in that I'm not against him using it but I was thinking something more impactful and not literally first combat encounter

I'll overlook it since hes using it to speed the fight along and not out of fear of weakness

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm with Lotus in that I'm not against him using it but I was thinking something more impactful and not literally first combat encounter

I'll overlook it since hes using it to speed the fight along and not out of fear of weakness
I find it to be the best way to ease Sanji into using the suit. Like you said, he doesn't use it, because of his own weakness, but only as a disguise. So Oda can show him, explore the powers of the suit as a side-effect and start liking it. Have a few woman and kids in the crowd cheer for his super sentai identity and he will even start loving it too.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
The break kills me.
  • Zoro's storyline is obviously leading to some Samurai shenanigans (maybe even initially fighting the "witching hour boy", as Sanji's already getting a battle of his own), but I won't lie and say that I'm loving it so far. That's probably due to how insane the rest of the storylines have been during the last few chapters, though.
  • BM being here so soon is so good. I expected her to arrive during the final battle to mess things further up (although given that her crew is probably splitting and getting lost like the SHs, it's going to take a while until we see her again).
  • As some of you have said, the ship is big, but not showing Katakuri or Pudding would be weird: they deserve their own panels (and so does MVP Oven, goddamnit), so, if they're returning this arc, I wouldn't be surprised if it's on their own accord. Hell, what if things had gone sour between BM and Katakuri or Pudding. At the same time, though, somebody has to protect Totland, but not bringing your strongest asset to Wano is a bit weird.
  • Love Franky's eagerness for a fight and Ussop's sweet, sweet cowardice, thinking he's baiting Sanji into protecting him lol. Law is a very no-nonsense, strategic kind of guy, so he's acting the way he should. Which would have been Sanji's attitude too (not the no-nonsense part), so it's cool seeing him go all hero on this dude.
  • Gotta say, I LOVE the cockiness Sanji's depicted with. Like, he's really confident. Which makes me hate the RS plot device even more for so many reasons, especially as this is his first proper 1v1 in the New World. Against one of the strongest in an Emperor's crew, no less...
My only (tiny) sliver of hope is that he uses the RS a couple of times, gets a hold of some cool, new abilities he can perform with it and then the RS gets lost or destroyed (I know...). Then, next time he fights, he surprises people by actually being able to do those skills on his own without needing the RS, similar to how he can do things his siblings can only with their RS (flames, flying, blitzspeed...).

But the most sensible thing is that this is just his initial excuse for wearing it, making it easier for him to wear it later both because of his acceptance of its usefulness and because of having gotten to try it.

Which I'll hate with a passion. Like giving up on the character and making any future discussion with him (not in this community, obviously) even more depressing.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Sooooooooo where was all this security in Wano border when Luffy was coming?
Seems like BM is coming for the poneglyph copy.
Damn that was very nice move on King's part.
I really don't like Sanji using that suit, especially don't like how it is this casual.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Oct 25, 2017
That cover page was odd lol.

Good to see Zoro's involvement is getting fleshed out.

The sudden shift to Big Mom almost gave me whiplash. I love how she was casually rolling up in there while her crew were astonished by what was happening around them. A Yonkou's territory is cool! lol. Kaido putting respect on Big Mama's name was nice too. Oh, King vs Marco when?

Ussop antics are too much lol. Someone single out the frog reaction on his hat.

I am surprised by the raid suit use but it doesn't disappoint me. It would have been cool if Sanji could take him without it but whatever. It already seems it won't be the case but Oda please don't let Sanji fall flat here. Please! I got hyped from Sanji's last few pages.

Pretty good chapter marred by that damn break.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Pretty decent chapter, I liked the Sanji and Zoro stuff. I was a bit disappointed with Big Mom's "arrival". Expected something more grandiose. But hey, mama is finally here.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it would have been cool to just hear the music from the ship in the background and have a huge page spread after with all of them. A big attack from Big Mama in the middle of another important scene on top of that.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 930:

Not a big fan of Big Mom and her crew being used as a power display for King, even if it was just her ship/the fish. Of course I know Big Mom and her crew are anything but dealt with, but they are likely going to be sidelined for a a good portion of the arc while they gather their forces from the ocean and regroup (which really dampens the hype around their involvement, no pun intended).

I'll laugh if Zoro ends up doing more for Kinemon's plan than Luffy, if the one giving money is one of the three warriors Kinemon is looking for/Zoro gets the warrior to help out. Law and his dialog with the Straw Hats was fun here. And I guess Sanji fans will finally be able to stop complaining after the break? Sanji's tranformation should be a lot of fun since Ussop and Franky never saw Sanji's family/their transformations, although I wouldn't be surprised if Sanji's plan not to be discovered doesn't work on Hawkins.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm conflicted emotions. If he needs it already ehhhh. I wanna assume its to hide his face but..none of the vinsmokes has masks

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Ussop antics are too much lol. Someone single out the frog reaction on his hat.

I am surprised by the raid suit use but it doesn't disappoint me. It would have been cool if Sanji could take him without it but whatever. It already seems it won't be the case but Oda please don't let Sanji fall flat here. Please! I got hyped from Sanji's last few pages.

Pretty good chapter marred by that damn break.

I'm expecting a landslide victory from Sanji tbh. He uses the raid suit only to conceal his identity.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
It's interesting that we're seeing King in action before we've seen Queen or his DF.

I know people were saying something among the lines of him being a Scorpion Zoan what with the hair and the Plague monicker, and that animal (the giant one) fits the Prehistoric theme.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm half expecting Big Mom to have just killed Katakuri off-screen for failing to beat Luffy

Oct 25, 2017
Sanji: I'm never using the Raid Suit
Audience: He's totally going to use it.
Sanji: I'm gonna use the Raid Suit
Audience: HELL YEAH!

RIP Big Mom Pirates. Okay yeah I know they'll be saved by the non-users on their crew but yeah...
King being a Pteranadon is interesting. How many more dinosaurs are we going to get? Hopefully we get a Brontosaurus.

Last edited:

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Hmmm conflicted emotions. If he needs it already ehhhh. I wanna assume its to hide his face but..none of the vinsmokes has masks
The problem is that he shouldn't need it, ever :/ This development on Sanji's character (as telegraphed as it's been for months) is legitimately upsetting me, goddamn.

Vinsmokes were a mistake tbh (I still like Yonji's shit eating grin tho).

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Lotus TheBlackNamekian Blackleg-sanji1 Tornak

Sanji had witnessed with his own eyes how other shop owners were being punished because of his actions. One of them even said destroying the shop means they can no longer survive there or something along those lines. Since we know Sanji is a big hearted guy and would never let that happen he immediately stepped in. But he also can't afford ruining the plan so the only way to solve this would be his raid suit. That is enough heroic reason for me.

It's not all that different from him doing it for his crewmates in a desperate situation. In this case, instead of his crew, it is just innocent people who were punished because of him.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
LOL

didnt people here where hell bent that sanji would never do the raid suit because he hated his family or something?

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that he shouldn't need it, ever :/ This development on Sanji's character (as telegraphed as it's been for months) is legitimately upsetting me, goddamn.

Vinsmokes were a mistake tbh (I still like Yonji's shit eating grin tho).
I was never bothered about the fact him using it. It was we gonna happen eventually. But feels weird to go from I ain't using this *throws it, to randomly pulling it out with a shit eating grin no?

Law

Oct 27, 2017
Chapter 930 - "Break next week :'D"

-That cover was totally unexpected but still funny.

-Well you don't have to be a genius to know that this town is where Toko comes from, everyone is smiling just like her, plus oda was precise about the time in this case, I wonder why? maybe it's related to the wiffing Bour. (lol)

-Big mom pirates are back, nice...but where are the all-time favorites Kata and Pudding. where? ODA?

-Kaido's feelings are understandable, I mean, would you let your angry ex-sociopath into your house? Just as Kaido said it would be an all-out war.

-Knocking back the BM Pirates Ship is not an easy feat if we remember how massive that ship is, I guess this is to prove how strong King can be. King's design is great, between fire and leather is a little "Metal".

-BMP vs King
9001898923_22fe30596d_o.gif

-Even the toad in Ussop's head reacts to Law's words. I laugh so hard at Ussop's "cunning manipulation". you better protect him lol

-Remember this moment, for all of you Sanji Fans who are out there crying because he's going to wear the Power Ranger suit, all this starts because a woman screams.

-I understand if One is not well informed on the crew members of Law and Luffy, but if Hawkins or Drake would come to know that a Germa defeated One, it would be easy for them to deduce that it was Sanji, since he is the only Vinsmoke in the crew, also it is public knowledge that he is a Vinsmoke (thank to Fake new Morgans), so the suit is not really an effective way to cover his identity.

Law

Oct 27, 2017
I was never bothered about the fact him using it. It was we gonna happen eventually. But feels weird to go from I ain't using this *throws it, to randomly pulling it out with a shit eating grin no?
Maybe he changes his mind when he sees Kaido's power and maybe he tries to use everything he can to help and save his friends. I personally believe that part of him wants to wear the suit, it's that same part that loves his family and somehow puts hope in them, even when his pride tells him not to.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll overlook it since hes using it to speed the fight along

Well it's not even for that, its to protect his identity.

Sooooooooo where was all this security in Wano border when Luffy was coming?

inb4 Big Mom told Kaido she's here

Seems like BM is coming for the poneglyph copy.

She's here to kill Luffy and get back Zeus, remember

I've warmed up to Sangoro's kimono tbh.

I was feeling it this chapter immediately

Not a big fan of Big Mom and her crew being used as a power display for King, even if it was just her ship/the fish.

I can't even call it that, could barely tell what he did at first. It did hype him up though.

And I guess Sanji fans will finally be able to stop complaining after the break?

Well it involves the Raid Suit, so not necessarily.

I'm expecting a landslide victory from Sanji tbh.

Well, he said as such, so guess I'll have faith, if only because it's Page One as opposed to Drake.

I know people were saying something among the lines of him being a Scorpion Zoan what with the hair and the Plague monicker

I dunno about all that, I say because there are ships that straight up have a scorpion figurehead.

Sanji had witnessed with his own eyes how other shop owners were being punished because of his actions. One of them even said destroying the shop means they can no longer survive there or something along those lines. Since we know Sanji is a big hearted guy and would never let that happen he immediately stepped in. But he also can't afford ruining the plan so the only way to solve this would be his raid suit. That is enough heroic reason for me.

It's not all that different from him doing it for his crewmates in a desperate situation. In this case, instead of his crew, it is just innocent people who were punished because of him.

I don't really have an issue with it, but it's undeniable that it's happening way too quickly.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Lotus TheBlackNamekian Blackleg-sanji1 Tornak

Oh, I actually like the way Sanji behaved this chapter! It makes sense with him, and the cockiness in the last pages is great. It's cool how he's choosing his own plan, too (as in, he doesn't disregard Law's advice, but doesn't fully take it in either).

My problem is that this is just paving the way for him to be a permanent RS user. Were I assured this is just a one time thing, I'd be loving this with not "worries", but as of now this is just more fuel to that fire.
Yeah, I know that. I'm the only Sanji stan here in this camp, and I'll die on this hill >_>

You're right in that this comes out of nowhere, though, but I kinda like it. It doesn't paint him in a negative way (the opposite, if anything) and shows that he's smart and sensible about it, even when he can be the most stubborn character in the crew (i.e. the "no hitting women" stance, the "not using his hands to fight", the "not letting people, even if they're the enemy, starve"...).

I dunno about all that, I say because there are ships that straight up have a scorpion figurehead.

Shit, you're right, it was even talked about here when he first appeared lol.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sanji not taking a L in the start of the arc, what is this manga and what it did to One Piece?
Also I love the back and forth between Usopp and Law.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting a landslide victory from Sanji tbh. He uses the raid suit only to conceal his identity.
On one hand, Law has stressed that they get no major injuries and Sanji has reassured him he won't. On the other hand, P1 is on par with Drake (Drake is stronger but portrayal wise they are in the same tier) and I don't expect him to get stomped by Sanji. The raid suit throws it out of wack anyway.

I would be fine with Sanji getting some minor injuries like being thrown into a wall or house but handling him pretty well.

I am hyped though and I hope Sanji delivers.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, Law has stressed that they get no major injuries and Sanji has reassured him he won't. On the other hand, P1 is on par with Drake (Drake is stronger but portrayal wise they are in the same tier) and I don't expect him to get stomped by Sanji. The raid suit throws it out of wack anyway.

I would be fine with Sanji getting some minor injuries like being thrown into a wall or house but handling him pretty well.

I am hyped though and I hope Sanji delivers.

Narrative-wise, Page One is simply not Drake, so Sanji crushing him with little trouble is just fine if Oda wants to go that route.

Oct 25, 2017
Narrative-wise, Page One is simply not Drake, so Sanji crushing him with little trouble is just fine if Oda wants to go that route.
I noted that but he is still part of the strongest. I just personally don't think he should be getting crushed. Defeated with Sanji being the clear superior? Sure.

Besides, what is the point of the raid suit if he is just going to destroy him just like that? Just give him a big kick and move on.

Oct 26, 2017
Me reading this chapter:
caI6vNL.gif

Toko is 99% confirmed to be from Ebisu Town. Lol @ the lady forcing a smile on Zoro. Who's gonna make that avatar.
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK @ Big Mom and her crew showing up this early? And DOUBLE WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK @ King knocking their ship back down the waterfall???
Who in BM's crew is not a DF user? Because she's currently drowning. Not a good look for Mama, Oda.
Sanji's really gonna fight Page One? Cool!
Sanji's going to use the raid suit? FUCK!!
CEC8Xq3.png

The reason he wants to use it (to hide his face) doesn't really work because the other suits that Vinsmokes used didn't cover their faces.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
What's a bit weird is King's feathered wings in his non-transformed form. I was expecting him to be a Prehistoric bird Zoan due to that. The fire is interesting too.

King, what the hell are you.

All the Headliners, save for Hawkins, have been weak as fuck. I could see Page One getting crushed.
Page One is part of the six strongest Headliners, while Hawkins doesn't seem to be in that group, actually!

It's a bit weird and there might be some non-strenght related reason for that, but as of now, Page One and Drake are the strongest Kaido has (barring King, Queen and Jack).

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The reason he wants to use it (to hide his face) doesn't really work because the other suits that Vinsmokes used didn't cover their faces.

To be fair, he didn't say anything about his face. We'll just have to see what he comes up with.

I noted that but he is still part of the strongest. I just personally don't think he should be getting crushed. Defeated with Sanji being the clear superior? Sure.

Besides, what is the point of the raid suit if he is just going to destroy him just like that? Just give him a big kick and move on.

Well the Raid Suit could be a Gear 2/Blueno situation of sorts, especially given the stakes. I dunno, it depends on how literal Sanji is about not wanting to be injured, since we know the dude is sturdy as fuck after all. And I think people are underestimating how big of a boost the suit is, though that's understandable since the Vinsmokes made it hard to gauge.

As for the point, well really it's just that people expected Sanji to be using the RS against a tougher opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.