• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
I won't jump the gun. I'll wait. As of NOW it seems alil too early and alil too nonchalant for how he was in the chapter he got it

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I'm half expecting Big Mom to have just killed Katakuri off-screen for failing to beat Luffy

Snack is still alive after losing to the Monk so Donut Boy is safe.

Yes please.

The problem is that he shouldn't need it, ever :/ This development on Sanji's character (as telegraphed as it's been for months) is legitimately upsetting me, goddamn.

It makes no sense either that Sanji is using a Germa suit to hide his identity lol it would have been easier and more effective to just use a paper bag like Jesus.

inb4 Big Mom told Kaido she's here

She's here to kill Luffy and get back Zeus, remember

That would explain why King was there waiting, still for a country closed to the outside it seems fairly easy to enter. Makes no sense that the whole area is not protected and monitored.

I thought Zeus would be the main reason but looking at the way she talked in this chapter seems like Luffy/Poneglyph is the real objective.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Regular henchmen were one thing, but Page One not recognizing him has me thinking that basically only the Supernova (and maybe the Calamities) know who Luffy's crew is.

I thought Zeus would be the main reason but looking at the way she talked in this chapter seems like Luffy/Poneglyph is the real objective.

It was the same in 907. Mentioned Luffy first, then Zeus (well, highly implied to be him) was mentioned too in a secondary sense.

Big Mom clearly gives no fucks, so if she wanted the Poneglyph, she would've said so to him tbh

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
It makes no sense either that Sanji is using a Germa suit to hide his identity lol it would have been easier and more effective to just use a paper bag like Jesus.
Yeah, it's a bit of a convoluted motivation, although it ultimately makes it an understandable reason as to why he went from "hell naw" to "k" in just over 20 chapters. I don't know.

I wonder what kind of an ability it'll unlock, seeing what his brothers can do.

Oct 26, 2017
Can we take a moment to appreciate how goofy the cover page request is?
This is the Urogue vs Cracker content that I want to see.

I'm saying he might combine the look with something else
I guess he can borrow Law's straw head mask.

Even without the mask, he'll probably be confused as one of the Vinsmokes/Germa just from using the suit.

Maybe Drake knows about Germa but I'm not sure if Page One does.

Law

Oct 27, 2017
Regular henchmen were one thing, but Page One not recognizing him has me thinking that basically only the Supernova (and maybe the Calamities) know who Luffy's crew is.
That's why it's acceptable that One doesn't recognize him, I think the suit doesn't protect Sanji's identity in a special way, rather it allows Sanji to defeat Page quickly and that's important because if you remember Page called Drake and reported that he found the Objective, then the idea is to defeat Page before Drake and Hawkins arrive.

Oct 27, 2017
Well it's not even for that, its to protect his identity.

Well yes but this guy doesn't know him anyway and has already seen his actual face so even if the raid suit does for whatever reason cover his face what good is it on Page One now since he still has to beat him before Drake and Hawkins show up

I might be wrong but the way I interpreted it was that he was going to make extra sure he defeated this guy before they showed up hence keeping his identity intact since no one who recognised him is around to talk about it

Idk maybe I misread or the translation was off

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
The more I think about it, the more I like the way the raid suit was handled in this chapter. Can't say I feel the same about the way Oda handled Big Mom's arrival though. Apart from Kaido sweating her, I just feel like it wasn't a yonko worthy entrance. It was too mundane, quick and easy. Sure as hell won't lessen all the Big Mom trashing by some of the community :/. I hope her re-entrance into Wano will be better.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i'm fine with sanji using the raid suit since it's not about him feeling he need to use it to win, but that he wants to make sure he's not recognized

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Lotus i predict that Katakuri and the rest of the guys are in a separate ship, that's why King made that comment. Add it to the list :)

It was the same in 907. Mentioned Luffy first, then Zeus (well, highly implied to be him) was mentioned too in a secondary sense.

Big Mom clearly gives no fucks, so if she wanted the Poneglyph, she would've said so to him tbh

I forgot that chapter, for some reason on my head Zeus was the main reason.

Now im starting to doubt my prediction that she gonna get Zeus.

Yeah, it's a bit of a convoluted motivation, although it ultimately makes it an understandable reason as to why he went from "hell naw" to "k" in just over 20 chapters. I don't know.

I wonder what kind of an ability it'll unlock, seeing what his brothers can do.

And Sanji first win post-skip with be with Germa suit. Oh no ...

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Yo I'm loving how Big Mom just cruised up on that shit. Can't wait for her to show up in Wano proper ballin.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
We all know the actual Best Sister King is Brulee, anyways.
I forgot that chapter, for some reason on my head Zeus was the main reason.

And Sanji first win post-skip with be with Germa suit. Oh no ...
It's depressing tbh. And if you think about it, he hasn't truly flexed his muscles (not taking into account here his defeats against people like Doffy) since Ennies Lobby. More than ten years wew lad.

This is the only decision by Oda so far (we obviously have to see it yet) that legitimately pisses and turns me off the manga. Might as well give Zoro a DF dunno.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sure as hell won't lessen all the Big Mom trashing by some of the community :/

I'm over that, that's so last year

My big mom theory might be wrong if katakuri or pudding not showing up

Whoops

Me and Blackleg-sanji1 will kill BM herself if she touches Zeus, that is Nami's powerup goddamn it

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Gotta say, I particularly love how FUCKING STUPID Big Mom is. Truly made of the same cloth as Luffy.

The fact that she keeps coming and going strong even after all the shit she's been through makes her even more impressive (a DF user should always be terrified of the seas, especially one as big as her). And it's not like she's portrayed like this very astute, calm and rational lady, anyways, so it fits.

The same goes for Kaido, a drunkard who doesn't care about anything. Even Jack back in Zou.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
First win post-skip?
Yall already forgot that he burnt Wadatsumi to a crisp and off-screened Yonji? lol
I apologize beforehand for these coming weeks in which I'm going to be an insufferable powerlevel fuck lol, but I guess this one seems (key word, as it could just be a short skirmish or go totally wrong) to be a different deal.

In that, Wadatsumi is impressive, but that was a tag-team battle, so I understand that the same level of excitement isn't there. And Yonji's a bum, and it was also off-screen.

So, we have the potentially first, actual 1v1 against a powerful foe for Sanji in a IRL decade and the fact that he's using the RS is quite annoying. It's like a monkey paw deal (to me, that is).

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
We need some good work getting done by Sanji not this guys like Sheepshead and Wadatsumi that don't even makes him need to flex his muscles.

We looking at the brightsides here mang year of Sanji never ends he gonna kick plenty of ass

"You gonna kick plenty of ass in this arc Sanji"

Sanji: "Whats the catch???"

"You will have to put Germa clothes my boy"

nsr.gif

Might as well give Zoro a DF dunno.

Wow easy there, don't put that bad mojo on my boy Zoro. Maybe a df sword but that's the limit.

Me and Blackleg-sanji1 will kill BM herself if she touches Zeus, that is Nami's powerup goddamn it

BM is gonna die releasing all the trapped soul including that good boy Zeus, so Nami will never "trully" get him :P

Last edited:

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
So this is more of an observation and not a complaint

Kaido doesn't really feel like the final boss of this arc, at least not in the way most OP arc villains are. Yes he's the strongest dude in the arc and has been built up beforehand, but currently it feels like he's a really really powerful henchdude than the big bad.

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
The more I think about it, the more I like the way the raid suit was handled in this chapter. Can't say I feel the same about the way Oda handled Big Mom's arrival though. Apart from Kaido sweating her, I just feel like it wasn't a yonko worthy entrance. It was too mundane, quick and easy. Sure as hell won't lessen all the Big Mom trashing by some of the community :/. I hope her re-entrance into Wano will be better.
it was weird becaues why would kaido be scared of her...it didnt make sense to me

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
We need some good work getting done by Sanji not this guys like Sheepshead and Wadatsumi that don't even makes him need to flex his muscles.

"You gonna kick plenty of ass in this arc Sanji"

Sanji: "Whats the catch???"

"You will have to put Germa clothes my boy"

nsr.gif
twb81ram6al11.gif

it was weird becaues why would kaido be scared of her...it didnt make sense to me
I mean, it's not so much about being scared, but rather as having an enemy as strong as you are (and you're the strongest!) in your territory along with a shitton of powerful people of her own.You don't want that coming to you.

Also, obviously, BM and her crew are coming back, but why not take a good chance at killing them when you can?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

He operates in a country that is forbidden from having any outside influence. A Yonko rampaging through the country would be a pretty big fuck-up to have to deal with, regardless of Kaido being stronger.

Oct 26, 2017
I apologize beforehand for these coming weeks in which I'm going to be an insufferable powerlevel fuck lol, but I guess this one seems (key word, as it could just be a short skirmish or go totally wrong) to be a different deal.

In that, Wadatsumi is impressive, but that was a tag-team battle, so I understand that the same level of excitement isn't there. And Yonji's a bum, and it was also off-screen.

So, we have the potentially first, actual 1v1 against a powerful foe for Sanji in a IRL decade and the fact that he's using the RS is quite annoying. It's like a monkey paw deal (to me, that is).

One Piece fights aren't (at least currently) not always as straight-forward and conventional compared to most generic shonen.
Sanji and Jinbei could have defeated Wadatsumi on their own. But I see where you're coming from.

There's always the chance that Sanji might not even put on the raid suit next chapter. Something could do terribly wrong.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
  • Sky Island: A "Sky Island" floats above the game's setting of Jail Island. The two islands are seamlessly connected. If you were to fall from Sky Island, you would land on Jail Island. It should be noted that the Sky Island that appears in this game and the Sky Island that appeared in the One Piece original work are unrelated.
  • Pirate Karma: By clearing missions that correspond to certain characters, your Pirate Karma will rise. When it reaches a certain amount, special missions will occur and new event scenes will appear.
  • Treasure Maps: Search for treasure using maps that only have rough illustrations.

https://gematsu.com/2019/01/one-pie...e-karma-and-treasure-maps#DEssGB7xF6cuIx34.99

Oct 26, 2017
I want to know where the hell Prometheus was when Linlin fell.

Maybe you can argue that the waterfall might have deterred him from acting.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
YABADABADOOO! Big Mom hopefully means Jimbei won't be far behind!

That was a lot of fun. There was something very sweet about seeing Zoro almost crack a smile with that group of people who have so little. Maybe they will turn his apples around and he won't be so stern all time outside of parties.

At first I was like how is Sanji supposed to hide his identity when Page One is looking dead at him? Ok I get it, Page One doesn't know who he is exactly, so Sanji will hide his face for when the reinforcements show up.

Now the part I don't like fully, why is Sanji holding that can of nonsense? This is not the situation I imagined most people assumed he'd use it in but I do like this better than him on the brink of death and needing an instant unearned power up. So partially I don't like him even having the darn thing and I don't like the idea of him wearing it at all. At the same time the reason why he is using it is kind of legit and doesn't fly in the face of what his fighting style is all about. Plus Franky and Usopp are near by, on their way out they may just catch a glimpse of what the suit has to offer. If they see weird gizmos and gadgets they may get intrigued. There are a million ways Oda could write it so Franky and Usopp reverse engineer the thing especially if Vegapunk actually makes it into the picture some time this arc.

The suit will not be permanent power up I'm certain of it. If it changes his physical appearance too much and gives him some strange mechanical or elemental properties it's going to be utilized elsewhere. I'm not entirely sure he'll even use it the way we are expecting.

Now Sanji is looking cool at the moment and made a pretty nice declaration to go with it. Knowing Oda I don't know if it will last for long and I don't mean getting beat up in a fight, I mean maybe something is off about that suit and the Vinsmoke family pulled one last prank on Sanji. Some skimpy outfit with a very feminine flair would certainly be off putting for Sanji but he'd be forced to wear it. Potentially he'd fight amazingly but look like the Okama folk he lived with for so long.

King looks awesome and Kaidou respects the presence of a fellow Emperor as he should. King can fly, good opponent for Sanji and has a sword, good opponent for Zoro. What if they had to team up against King? Don't see it though, Zoro has never had assistance against an enemy swordsmen that wasn't an Admiral.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.