• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So been gone for a while but now I'm back. I've had a topic in my mind that I haven't been able to express as the people I run into seem to not like One Piece much.

Trigger warning (sexual content).
With the slavery regarding Boa Hancock and her siblings and other women, I got a weird feeling so many years ago that there was a slight hint that sexual assault might've been involved which generally surprised me as a tonal shift. However, I rewatched the content back then and just figured they were merely just slaves like Fisher Tiger and that One Piece doesn't enter this territory.

In the current arc however, this is actually starting to be a thing and it made me start questioning my view before. Did the Celestial Dragons commit this act on Hancock? If so, it makes her story even more tragic than previously. I feel like this arc in general has done a few things that have surprised me in this regard such as actual brothels and suggesting a little girl would work at one.

Sure they exist in the real world, but I got the feeling One Piece didn't have that for themeing reasons.

What are your thoughts on this?

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
So been gone for a while but now I'm back. I've had a topic in my mind that I haven't been able to express as the people I run into seem to not like One Piece much.

Trigger warning (sexual content).
With the slavery regarding Boa Hancock and her siblings and other women, I got a weird feeling so many years ago that there was a slight hint that sexual assault might've been involved which generally surprised me as a tonal shift. However, I rewatched the content back then and just figured they were merely just slaves like Fisher Tiger and that One Piece doesn't enter this territory.

In the current arc however, this is actually starting to be a thing and it made me start questioning my view before. Did the Celestial Dragons commit this act on Hancock? If so, it makes her story even more tragic than previously. I feel like this arc in general has done a few things that have surprised me in this regard such as actual brothels and suggesting a little girl would work at one.

Sure they exist in the real world, but I got the feeling One Piece didn't have that for themeing reasons.

What are your thoughts on this?
It is absolutely implied that the Celestial Dragons get up to that imo.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oda made it as obvious as he possibly could through her sister's reaction to Hancock telling Luffy about their past.

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think One Piece will ever explicitly acknowledge sexuality outside of Sanji's nosebleeds aka typical shounen horniness. Even this arc the brothel workers/prostitutes/courtesans are that in name only I feel, employed simply because they're a common trope in Edo period stories

but either way slavery is bad regardless of the nature of the implicit abuse. I don't really think it not being sexual would make it much better

Last edited:

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I suppose I was more in disbelief. The signs pointed to it, but I kept looking at the tone of every other aspect of the series and the only thing that came close was Robin but even then it wasn't the same. Oda will create something and not neccesarily mean what we're thinking with real world logic.

That said perhaps this is what occurred. The fear on their faces regarding the mark along with what is going on in the current arc kinda confirms it.

Though now that I think about it, Absalom did attempt this with Nami so perhaps there was a implication already.

Magneton

Banned
Jul 31, 2018
I suppose I was more in disbelief. The signs pointed to it, but I kept looking at the tone of every other aspect of the series and the only thing that came close was Robin but even then it wasn't the same. Oda will create something and not neccesarily mean what we're thinking with real world logic.

That said perhaps this is what occurred. The fear on their faces regarding the mark along with what is going on in the current arc kinda confirms it.

Though now that I think about it, Absalom did attempt this with Nami so perhaps there was a implication already.

I genuinely hate all the creepy shit with Absalom during Thriller Bark. It's a real low point in the series.

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think there is any, and there never will be any sexual violence in One Piece. Explicit or implicit.

I think Oda leaves the abuse of the Tenryubito up to the reader's imagination because people will come up with their own worst possible scenarios for their value set, and even more than that the specifics just aren't important.

I think the reader can imagine that's what they went through if they choose but there's nothing really there to read into either way and that's on purpose.

I genuinely hate all the creepy shit with Absalom during Thriller Bark. It's a real low point in the series.

100% agree
It's also why this whole thing with "Sanji achieving a child hood dream" with his raid suit reveal gives me no warm feelings because it originated as a gag attached to that and now is here as an actual new powerset for him

Last edited:

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
tTAahHX.png

This from the latest SBS. I'm dying.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Better summary for 933 spoilers:

More spoilers:

- The Ninja's are chasing Robin and Brook steps in with his creepy face.
- Otoko still laughing but she got unconscious as she sees Brook's face
- Robin is resisting a couple of ninja's and throw them away
- A Ninja suprises Nami and shinobu uses her technique and fell on the shougn's head
- Kysheiro hit Komurasaki on her chest with her sword, a lot of blood splattered (Can't confirm she's dead but that's the last I saw of her in the chapter)
- The shogun, Nami, Brook, And shinobu are shook
- The shogun cries and continues chasing Robin and Otoko
- When the shogun started chasing them nami stepped in and pulled Zeus out
- Nami launches a Zeu's attack, he turned into a black cloud and shocked the castle
- the last page BM is agreeing with chopper and the others with a thumbs up.
- Nami's attack was specifically directed at the shogun

Source: Dr.hiriluk

Some other stuff from the chapter:
A Ninja suprises Nami and shinobu uses her technique and fell on the shougn's head
- Kysheiro hit Komurasaki on her chest with her sword, a lot of blood splattered (Can't confirm she's dead but that's the last I saw of her in the chapter)
- The shogun, Nami, Brook, And shinobu are shook
- The shogun cries and continues chasing Robin and Otoko
- When the shogun started chasing them nami stepped in and pulled Zeus out
- Nami launches a Zeus's attack, he turned into a black cloud and shocked the castle
- Nami's attack was specifically directed at the shogun

Best Summery from
ishuhui:
Orochi is the user of the mythical zoan snake-snake fruit, it seems that each of his eight heads have their own ideas and nature.

Orochi demand an apology from Komurasaki, but she refuse. Orochi is furious, but he still love Komurasaki for her beauty, so he let out his anger on his subordinates near him by biting them, the whole banquet is a mess.

However, he eventually reach Komurasaki and held her inside his mouth.

One of Oniwabanshu saw Robin and realized she's the intruder, then summons Raijin(?) and Fujin(?) to seize her.*
That's when Brook shows up.
Otoko and the ninjas were scared as hell when they saw this great skeleton demon.
Shinobu and Nami were about to join in the rescue, but they realize there's someone hiding behind them, Hanzou the ninja.
Hanzou saw Shinobu and remembers when she was such a beauty that could even rival Nami, but you look at her now....
Hanzou:sorry, I have mistaken you for someone I knew
Shinobu was so angry she attack his balls.
She then use ninjutsu to rotten the ceiling, which fall heavily on Orochi's head(s) and forced him to spit Komurasaki out.
Kyoshiro then appeared with his blade and ask Komurasaki if she's prepared, and when she said yes,
Kyoshiro waved his blade and down goes the most beautiful woman in Wano.
Kyoshiro realize that Komurasaki had Kinemon's drawing held in her hand.
Orochi was heartbroken, he ask Kyoshiro for his reasons
Kyoshiro: this is my mercy as a saimurai toward Komurasaki
Orochi let out his anger on Otoko and was going to swallow her along with Robin.
Nami appears and summon thunder with Zeus.
—In Okobore Town, Tsuru offer Big Mom and foods, who seem to have returned to the naive state she was when she's a child.
Big Mom: Rabbit bowl? Is there a lot of mochi bean soup? Then let's go!
Only 9 days till the final battle

Yeah atm things could get dicey for the castle cast depending how things go with Kyoshiro and Orochi.

Komuraskai clealry knows/has some connection with Kinemon/Kozuki

Big Mom a child again.

Law

Oct 27, 2017
Komurasaki is now one of the most interesting characters in this arc but come on, even I can imagine she didn't actually die.
BIG MOM FOR NEXT SH

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Man all those Big Mom hot takes on Oro from legitimately terrible posters.
I mean your going to get a lot of hot takes on but honestly I think Oda has treated Big Mom's character terribly . Considering she's the only female Yonkou and his history of treating female characters the guy deserves a massive side eye on this one.

Oct 26, 2017
Unless it shits the bed, it should be relatively easy for World Seeker to review better than Jump Force.

No monkey's paw effect please.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read the spoilers.

Interesting theory I read on Reddit:
Big Mom is actually Charlotte Linlin, possessed by Mother Caramel, using the soul soul fruit. That's why she is so attached to the Mother Caramel picture (it's the last photo she has to remember herself), why she's so manipulative of her own children, why she calls Caramel "our Mother" (she's referencing the dual role of Caramel as Linlin's mother and as the Charlottes' mother via Linlin as a vessel).

It's why Linlin has reverted - she's now in control.

Interesting theory

I read the spoilers.

Big Mom is actually Charlotte Linlin, possessed by Mother Caramel, using the soul soul fruit. That's why she is so attached to the Mother Caramel picture (it's the last photo she has to remember herself), why she's so manipulative of her own children, why she calls Caramel "our Mother" (she's referencing the dual role of Caramel as Linlin's mother and as the Charlottes' mother via Linlin as a vessel).

Interesting theory

Or Big Mom is attached to MC because she lavished her with everything, never punished but praised her and the teachings of Big Mom and Strussen lead her down the path she is on internalizing all of Mother C teachings without realizing or gettingt he damage of said teachings that shaped not only her and Totland, she a child and the influence of Mother C and Struss turned her into a self serving monster.

And the amnesia stuff just basically returned Big Mom to Zero state, pretty much to ho she was before Mother C & Strues came into her life.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Even though I've been critical, speaking objectively nothing I've seen of World Seeker looks Jump Force bad. The animation work seems good and it seems it will be technically competent and even ambitious in some aspects.

I'm more worried about the world and mission design but even then the worst I'm seeing is just bog standard open world stuff.

So yeah it should review better than Jump Force. Might be the best reviewed anime game since DBFighterZ.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I read the spoilers.

Interesting theory

People really overrate what the DF is capable of.

Also that twist would literally be the worst route Oda could go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.