• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Didn't knew Oda is watching "Kaguya-Sama Love is war" too lol

I wonder if Kyoshiro will join Kinemon too, maybe for his own interests ?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't knew Oda is watching "Kaguya-Sama Love is war" too lol

I wonder if Kyoshiro will join Kinemon too, maybe for his own interests ?

5BgSqPf.png

bfTG65Q.png

EwKSosR.png

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
- It just occured to me that putting Enel in a cover page is such a fucking troll move, Oda knows goddamn well that we're all waiting to see him again one day.

- And there you have it, Orochi is confirmed to have a Mythical Zoan DF. Really felt it was weird how people insisted it might be a SMILE ability, when all evidence pointed to the contrary. What abilities can we expect from it I wonder? Portrayal-wise, he is definitely no Spandom or Wapol at the very least, but it's left to be seen where exactly to gauge him. I guess if he more or less tanks Nami's attack, that'd be a nice place to start.

- The slap from last chapter was already cool enough, but I really enjoyed how little fucks Komursaki gave throughout the entire chapter. Didn't flinch at Orochi's Zoan ability. Accepted getting gobbled up. And accepted Kyoshiro slashing her down without hesitation. Speaking of which, that panel, as well as the reactions, were good stuff. Kyoshiro's face especially.

- Oda's getting a lot of mileage out of people being rightfully terrified of Brook's appearance. Naturally, it'd be doubly effective on the people of Wano considering their isolation and such.

- I definitely expected Shinobu to look like that back in the day.

- A lot of ways you can take Kyoshiro finding that paper on Komurasaki's person. Looks like it's the first time he's seeing it. Is he gonna show it to Orochi? As for the slash itself, I don't see how that could be faked, blood even came from her mouth. Not impossible for him to hold back I guess though I suppose. I really don't know where Oda is going with this fake death though. And despite people trying to insist that Komurasaki and Kyoshiro are plotting against Orochi, they still haven't actually done anything to him.

- Who would've thought that Nami of all people would be the first to attack Orochi haha. (Shinobu does not count.) Actually not even just that, that compared to the more unpredictable Monster trio, Nami and Robin might ironically end up being the ones to really draw some heat onto the alliance.

- It's now morning. Gonna take a guess and assume we won't be seeing the rest of that Sanji fight. Or maybe people have been overthinking it, and Sanji actually ended it in the same chapter, who knows lol

- Lol at O-Lin, and lmao at the face at the end. So we're taking Big Mom to Udon, presumably to break out Luffy? Oh my god, the glorious fuckery, can't wait to see this.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
You know, since Zeus still has his memories, I guess this would mean, that Napoleon, Big Mom's hat, had to have gotten the exact same type of amnesia as BM, but technically separately, for any of this to happen. Though it'd be funny if in an upcoming chapter, he actually is piping up and telling BM who she really is, but she just doesn't care.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Komurasaki really died in the span of 6 chapters lol

You know, since Zeus still has his memories, I guess this would mean, that Napoleon, Big Mom's hat, had to have gotten the exact same type of amnesia as BM, but technically separately, for any of this to happen. Though it'd be funny if in an upcoming chapter, he actually is piping up and telling BM who she really is, but she just doesn't care.

I can see this happening lol

I did say maybe twice

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Pretty good chapter, loved seeing Nami and Robin flex. Orochi continues to be the best and Kyoshiro is getting more and more mysterious with every chapter, I love it. Komurasaki was also a straight up savage in this chapter, she didn't give a single fuck. Also still no Luffy, amazing

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I am actually liking the stuff happening in the Orochi Palace
everyone is contributing and I hope she is actually died but left some plan or did some stuff prior that will be unraveled later on

you don't need her to be alive to tell her story so a fake death isn't really needed

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am actually liking the stuff happening in the Orochi Palace
everyone is contributing and I hope she is actually died but left some plan or did some stuff prior that will be unraveled later on

you don't need her to be alive to tell her story so a fake death isn't really needed

Her being dead would be a waste. Even more so if she's Hiyori.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Her being dead would be a waste. Even more so if she's Hiyori.
Oda can then have her story be presented via actions she did

things she set up

and backstory things she has done only to make her fate (knowing she was going to die for denying Orochi) more of an impact

they don't need to fake the death, they just need to add to it and her character

and make it so that her death was something irreversible and fated/known by her

straw hats can't save everyone afterall

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
lol don't get me wrong guys I am not saying she is dead

I am saying if Oda writes it correctly he can have a good story by having her be dead

but hey he can also do the same with a fake death, even though that has been played out over and over again in fiction

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Oda did say that he wants this arc to surprise us constantly

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I mean her being dead and then Oda fleshing her out to make her death even more sad and better written just leads to us not knowing in the future where someone can just die right then and there in OP

it is thrilling

I mean Pedro dying last arc was built up via a dire situation in order to save people but a out of nowhere death like this is also good too if done well and is later developed/fleshed out

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oda can then have her story be presented via actions she did

things she set up

and backstory things she has done only to make her fate (knowing she was going to die for denying Orochi) more of an impact

they don't need to fake the death, they just need to add to it and her character

and make it so that her death was something irreversible and fated/known by her

straw hats can't save everyone afterall

I can only continue to completely disagree here. Her defiance and all is very cool, but the death itself is not at all satisfactory to merit keeping it that way.

Don't see what the Straw Hats have to do with this either. Her being alive doesn't have anything to do with them.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I can only continue to completely disagree here. Her defiance and all is very cool, but the death itself is not at all satisfactory to merit keeping it that way.

Don't see what the Straw Hats have to do with this either. Her being alive doesn't have anything to do with them.
nah I mean if she died and she gets fleshed out and turns out to be someone important that helped set up things for a cause or whatever then I think it can be a good death dying so early on

especially if we learn some stuff before she was summoned and she knew that the said day would be her day of death by dying Orochi or whatever

who knows this is all just what if speculation on my part, Oda can also write a very convincing and well written fake death or badly injured plotline and then build up from there

as for the straw hats I just mean them as main characters being not in control of an event before they engage in it

like other arcs where they arrive and the bad deeds already occurred

here they see it happen in real time (and I don't mean like them facing the enemy and bad stuff happens as collateral, I mean bad stuff happening and big things occurring without them starting it

like said countries horrid backstories before a villain takes over said country which leads to the straw hats defeating said villian an restoring the defacto)

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why would she know this is the day she'd die? This all started because of Toko laughing.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Why would she know this is the day she'd die? This all started because of Toko laughing.
didn't Orochi want to marry her or whatever?

maybe she wanted to refuse him outright and accept the results whatever it may be

maybe she was doing something in the background and pass it own or completed said task before the Orochi event so she was content regardless

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine Big Mom will inavertedly free Luffy & Kid, which will confuse the hell out of Kaido. He'll probably assume that BM is working with them and used her information network to fake the story about Luffy messing with her to trick Kaido. But the only reason BM would embarrass herself like that would be if she was after something big like Kaido's poneglyphs so he'll spend the rest of the arc splitting up his army to fight BM. Essentially forcing BM to be an unintentional ally, even after she regains her memory.

Or at least that's the only thing I can think of with this Big Mom plot line. But this arc has been crazy so who knows. Maybe cannibal BM will return and just eat everyone lol

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
Big Mom going to Udon is great. Hopefully she causes all the prisoners to escape because of her destructive ability. I want to know what the deal with that mysterious prisoner is.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The next reunion of sorts could be in Ebisu Town.

Zoro's there.

Law, Franky, and Usopp are heading there.

Sanji will probably go there next.

And if Toko's from Ebisu Town, perhaps she'll convince Robin and co. to go there as well.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Now that's interesting move from Kyoshiro, didn't expect that.
Why are the ninjas scared of ghosts exactly? Their lord is literally a snake monster, seems so out of place.
Yep, still don't like this BM memory bullshit.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Why are the ninjas scared of ghosts exactly? Their lord is literally a snake monster, seems so out of place.
Disagree about the ghost thing, i think it works. But yeah, I still hate the Big Mom amnesia storyline

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

It's a Japanese culture thing .
The group did some notes in the pages afterwards .
This arc full of stuff like that .

Spinx

Oct 27, 2017
Don't disappoint me anime.
P2ty62Q.png

Boku no Hero on break. I'm glad Jump took pity on Horikoshi

Last edited:

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Orochi looking quite small in his yamata form. While some zoan get bigger and others not, i was thinking this one would be a lot bigger.

Disagree about the ghost thing, i think it works. But yeah, I still hate the Big Mom amnesia storyline

Reduced to the mental state of a toddler and used as a puppet by Chopper, not exactly what i wanted to see from her coming from the last arc.

It's a Japanese culture thing .
The group did some notes in the pages afterwards .
This arc full of stuff like that .

Yeah i understand the cultural thing but still found it weird when there's dinosaurs walking around the city and other weirder things around.
Maybe if he looked more like the classic gigantic skeleton yokai it would have made it better.

Oct 25, 2017
The ninja look so incompetent......

Shinobu was funny and I like Kyo's intentions and motivations being so unclear. Hiyori took the slash like a champ though.

This Big Mama stuff....... Big Mama getting dumped on again and the worst Strawhat. Whew.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad we got clarification that Orochi can turn into an orochi. Seems he's not entirely fodder (at least until he runs into someone that can actually kick some ass)
Obviously Komurasaki isn't dead. I'm a lot more curious about Kyoshiro holding the Kozuki message. Good all along perhaps?
Poor Shinobu.

Really curious where amnesiac Linlin is heading.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 933:

Orochi having the "Snake-Snake" fruit vs a dragon type fruit is interesting in regards to the legend of Orochi and how it is both considered a Dragon and has snake references in it's legend (well, interesting for those of us who only know about Japanese Mythology through entertainment references). Komurasaki and Orochi's interactions went about as I expected them to, except for Komurasaki outright admitting Orochi's love is one sided. This chapter also made me even less impressed by the Ninja after how easily they were handled by Robin and the Ghostly Trio, although I will give Hanzo and the "Ball Buster" a pass. Kyoshiro attacking Komurasaki showed he's a true villain but also his loyalty to Orochi/following the law which should make him a great fight for the Kin'emon alliance. The most questionable thing obviously is Komurasaki having one of Kin'emon's cards. I'm assuming she picked one of those up, but it definitely adds more fuel towards her being Hiyori.

That being said, looking at what happened prior to Nami using Zeus, it doesn't look like anyone tried to help Komurasaki/she was left lying there to "die". Hopefully we find out her and everyone else's fate next chapter. I'm looking forward to Orochi's "I told you so" as well. As for Big Mom, still not liking what's being done to Big Mom here with amnesia, but going to Udon to potentially rescue Luffy should be hilarious, so I'm looking forward to that at least. I'm guessing we aren't going to see the results of Sanji's fight based on the transition. I can't see Sanji losing with his power up, so I'm going to guess he has already fled the battle and will just "show up" similar to Law's escape from Hawkins.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Aww, Usopp wants to be there for his friend :(

I'm so close to the time skip, I can feel it. I'm so excited to start reading the manga.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of times that chapters or scenes have started with large view of the castle really makes me think something is going to happen to it or that tree at some point in this arc. We're just seeing it so much.

Also: Nice placed word bubble in that first panel of Nami bending over. Oda you perv.

Status
Not open for further replies.